longhodler

SEC Guidance Gives Ammo to Lawsuit Claiming XRP Is Unregistered Security

7 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

I have no concerns how this plays out, for I have already accepted the fact that XRP is headed to ZERO.

I am simply enjoying the show.

Then find a facility that would allow you to short it.  Let's see some courage. 

3 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

SEC is the world's largest regulator. If SEC declares that Ripple is a security, it would echo worldwide across all regulation whether FCA in the UK, Bafin in Germany or ASIC in Australia. What they will do at that point is only a guess, but it will not do good things to XRP.    

So you say that e.g If FCA says XRP is not a security (as it appears to be the case) and adoption, usage in the UK grows etc then it will just change it's decision some years later  because SEC will wake up and say otherwise, risking to cause its coyntry's economy major trouble and complications? :spinlol: Sorry to bust your bubble but US is not the center of the world  and if other countries have an interest in XRP they will not give a crap about SEC.

Ripple & XRP are two of the few great "proudly Made in USA" products of the last years.

My financial advice for you: don't bet your boots on SEC bringing them down.

5 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Wait, so....you are "enjoying the show," in anticipation that XRP will go to zero?  So is it reasonable to assume you have dumped all your XRP's (perhaps at a loss, maybe consistent with your January 2018 membership here), and you are actually still HERE and still posting in this forum?   No offense, but do you have a real life?

Put @Valhalla_Guy on ignore, his contributions are completely useless.

14 hours ago, Dario_o said:
  • While the case is a year old and has not yet received class-action status, the new complaint is the first that Ripple must respond to with a substantive answer.
  • Ripple has until mid-September to file its response.

I think it's good, Ripple can finally explain them why they'll lose their crappy class action

I hope so, otherwise the price will go to the cellar !!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Panopticon said:

So you say that e.g If FCA says XRP is not a security (as it appears to be the case) and adoption, usage in the UK grows etc then it will just change it's decision some years later  because SEC will wake up and say otherwise, risking to cause its coyntry's economy major trouble and complications? :spinlol: Sorry to bust your bubble but US is not the center of the world  and if other countries have an interest in XRP they will not give a crap about SEC.

Hmmm, US is is the center of the world when it comes to trading. The USA has the largest stock market in the world in cap and volume(NYSE), the largest exchange-traded derivatives (CME), and most substantial derivative OTC volume in the world. If SEC declares that XRP is a security, then worldwide liquidity of XRP will dry up in minutes.  

Liquidity and adoption of XRP have nothing do with speculation. 

FCA is not a leading authority of financial products. They allow products like SpreadBetting, which is a form of gambling while the broker is legally allowed to trade against (steal) their customer's funds. The entire country is marketing it. So yes, they can one day reverse their decision if more mature (and smarter) regulatory bodies take a decision. 

Edited by Spekul8

Posted (edited)

What's better? The court to decide (somewhere in the year 2028, if we're lucky) or SEC (2019 to 2020-ish) to decide whether or not XRP is a security? If SEC says right now it's not a security, will the federal court follow and dismiss the case? Does it ever follow SEC's recommendation (if not, when and what case was it?) Does anyone outside the US really cares about this US court case and (US) SEC's (in)decision? If yes, what kind of impact would it have (XRP-price, Ripple (the company), XRP Ledger, Cobalt release :-)))))) if XRP was declared a security in the good old USA ?

Edited by crypto_deus

@Spekul8

You do not seem to comprehend how governments work. And all these are government control agencies. For example if it is for China's best interest to fully adopt and use XRP you think they are going to say "Yes but those US SEC guys are smarter than us, let''s blow up everything we built until now because they say in THEIR country XRP is a security"?

This is just not going to happen. All SEC will achieve is for US to be left behind in the crypto space.

1 hour ago, Benchmark said:

Well this news has not affected the price. 

And Coindesk is a sh!tshow. Angry infants that can't deal with non-PoW projects, so they make ******** articles.

Of course not, remember that only the good news about XRP brings the price down. FUD, panic, fake news, etc. brings XRP to its ATH. Crypto, infancy still... ;-))))))))))))

11 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Wait, so....you are "enjoying the show," in anticipation that XRP will go to zero?  So is it reasonable to assume you have dumped all your XRP's (perhaps at a loss, maybe consistent with your January 2018 membership here), and you are actually still HERE and still posting in this forum?   No offense, but do you have a real life?

Your assumptions are wrong. I have stated many times my position with XRP. Never sold a drop, because I have a four year plan. (Down to 3 years now)

Thanks for caring, but my life is no different than yours, except I have earned and accumulated more wealth. I joined this site looking to learn how to safely create a cold wallet. I also bought a nano in Dec 2017... The price of a nano has tripled since then. It turns out the nano wallet was a better investment than the Drops that fill it.

I have stated this many times... my DCA is $0.70

Tron helped me a lot in 2018, otherwise my DCA would be closer to $1.10. Luckily I stopped trading around $1.50, simply because I wanted to minimize capital gains reporting, and I did not want a ton of trades happening in 2018.

I have not made a crypto purchase since then, but I have watched the finish line constantly move, and today you are looking to 2020 for redemption. (Although some posts now hint that it will be 2021)

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me constantly for 2 years, and eventually you learn what Charlie Brown feels like, shortly after attempting  to kick the ball. 

My goal now is to temper the adoration for Ripple with a sprinkle of reality. There are desperate folks out there, and they need to know this (XRP) is a huge risk, and possibly a scam.

In Jan 2018, I read a post on here from a gentleman from a third world country, that claimed he spent his life savings on XRP, and holds less than 50 zerps 

This site enjoyed kicking him with a constant flow of DYOR, and “don’t invest over your head”

This hypocrisy stinks, because the RL community preaches they are here to help the poor escape poverty, and all I saw was a mob kicking a man when he was down.

Maybe that is your community but not mine.

(BTW my spell check keeps changing the word “zerp” to the word “zero”. Do they know something, we don’t?)

19 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

Cool story😂😂 You do however talk some *****! IMO 💩

I’m willing to bet you a $1 to pond a pinch of Japanese ****, it won’t fall to 0, son of Odin, care to take the bet 

Why bet with $USD?? Is that even valuable?

How about 500 XRP? Heck it would be win-win for you. Simply post your wallet address.

3 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Your assumptions are wrong. I have stated many times my position with XRP. Never sold a drop, because I have a four year plan. (Down to 3 years now)

Thanks for caring, but my life is no different than yours, except I have earned and accumulated more wealth. I joined this site looking to learn how to safely create a cold wallet. I also bought a nano in Dec 2017... The price of a nano has tripled since then. It turns out the nano wallet was a better investment than the Drops that fill it.

I have stated this many times... my DCA is $0.70

Tron helped me a lot in 2018, otherwise my DCA would be closer to $1.10. Luckily I stopped trading around $1.50, simply because I wanted to minimize capital gains reporting, and I did not want a ton of trades happening in 2018.

I have not made a crypto purchase since then, but I have watched the finish line constantly move, and today you are looking to 2020 for redemption. (Although some posts now hint that it will be 2021)

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me constantly for 2 years, and eventually you learn what Charlie Brown feels like, shortly after attempting  to kick the ball. 

My goal now is to temper the adoration for Ripple with a sprinkle of reality. There are desperate folks out there, and they need to know this (XRP) is a huge risk, and possibly a scam.

In Jan 2018, I read a post on here from a gentleman from a third world country, that claimed he spent his life savings on XRP, and holds less than 50 zerps 

This site enjoyed kicking him with a constant flow of DYOR, and “don’t invest over your head”

This hypocrisy stinks, because the RL community preaches they are here to help the poor escape poverty, and all I saw was a mob kicking a man when he was down.

Maybe that is your community but not mine.

(BTW my spell check keeps changing the word “zerp” to the word “zero”. Do they know something, we don’t?)

Well you have made some unsubstantiated assumptions about our relative wealth, as well as the global opprobrium you assign to everyone here.  Not everyone here is a mean spirited hypocrite and in fact I would venture that most are not.  Likewise, the majority here do not show evidence of “adoration for Ripple,” although I personally welcome your attempts to “temper” what you perceive as exaggerated viewpoints with your own, if you can manage to be respectful.  I have read some of your other posts and I’m not surprised that you’ve gotten some negative reactions and I believe it’s not the content but the way you deliver your message.  Just my thoughts of course.  Everyone here is probably quite frustrated by this point, and it’s easy to offend or be offended, but it’s not very helpful to anyone.  Based on what I’ve read in your other posts, I would think that you would understand that everything in life doesn’t have to be so polarizing.  Oh, two things: a DCA of $0.70 would indeed put someone in the red at this point. Also your comment about  autocorrect of “zerps” to “zeros” was perhaps intended to be dryly humorous I’m assuming but seems snarky to me.  Part of my earlier comment about the delivery style.  Cheers!  

On 8/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, elias said:

That's misattributed to Goebbels. He said something similar:

"That is of course rather painful for those involved. One should not as a rule reveal one’s secrets, since one does not know if and when one may need them again. The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, it should be a big lie, and one should stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous."

https://shmaltzandmenudo.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/famous-sayings-56-repeat-a-lie-often-enough/

Why does it not surprise me that you can quote Goebbles?