longhodler

SEC Guidance Gives Ammo to Lawsuit Claiming XRP Is Unregistered Security

Posted (edited)
  • While the case is a year old and has not yet received class-action status, the new complaint is the first that Ripple must respond to with a substantive answer.
  • Ripple has until mid-September to file its response.

I think it's good, Ripple can finally explain them why they'll lose their crappy class action

Edited by Dario_o

Well, RL has really painted themselves into a corner. All the pumping they did in 2017 is coming back to haunt them. If they had only dumped the Escrow, as most professionals agree, they could then argue no control of XRP. The judge laughed at the “new logo” and saw right through the amateur campaign, as a purely superficial dodge.

Unfortunately RL’s short sighted greed may destroy the whole movement. So ironic that a company crying out for decentralization of value transfers, refuses to see themselves as the centralizer-in-chief, as well as the biggest obstacle to mass adoption of XRP.

They promised to serve the world’s poor, but accidentally became billionaires instead. Hmmm.... very sad story for them.

Posted (edited)

I’m considering suing Rolex because all of my friends made profits selling their old Rolex watches but when it was my turn to sell my watch, the price dropped.

I think it is Rolex who miss led me to speculate. 

It’s because they sold too many watches in this quarter.  I lost money because of them!  Where is my money Rolex?

Edited by quan

36 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

No what’s sad is a few morons who bought at the top full well knowing what they were doing are trying to block something very cool happening for a few bucks.

thats the reality of it, full stop.

if all this **** had been cleared up two years ago who knows how much progress would have been made.

PS - you are a drama queen.

Kind of idealistic thoughts you have there.

It is solely RL’s fault that this has not been “cleared up” by now.

PS— you are a name caller. The Roman Empire was completely sacked by so called ignorant “barbarians” But the barbarians understood the reality of power, while the romans only understood how superior they themselves obviously were. 2 days later...the superior fell to the morons.

Today, your so-called morons, are legally perched to eat your (& RL’s) lunch, while you soar with unchecked confidence in your own wisdom. 

I have no concerns how this plays out, for I have already accepted the fact that XRP is headed to ZERO.

I am simply enjoying the show.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

PS— you are a name caller. The Roman Empire was completely sacked by so called ignorant “barbarians” But the barbarians understood the reality of power, while the romans only understood how superior they themselves obviously were. 2 days later...the superior fell to the morons.

Today, your so-called morons, are legally perched to eat your (& RL’s) lunch, while you soar with unchecked confidence in your own wisdom. 

I have no concerns how this plays out, for I have already accepted the fact that XRP is headed to ZERO.

Cool story😂😂 You do however talk some *****! IMO 💩

I’m willing to bet you a $1 to pond a pinch of Japanese ****, it won’t fall to 0, son of Odin, care to take the bet 

Edited by Trentsteel

No, this dog and pony show isn't about a few retail investors who want their money back.  All this was initiated in a desperate attempt by legacy wealth holders who KNOW their fate is sealed they are just holding out for as long as possible.  Citibank is effectively the plaintiff.  There is zero chance XRP is ruled a security whether it be federal or california.  DOG...AND...PONY...SHOW.  Perhaps they have stalled progress, maybe long enough for Swift to cobble together a reasonable user base on GPI but that isn't the end game.  XRP will shine, it won't be a straight line and there will certainly be more hurdles and roadblocks to cross but it ain't a security.  

20 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Honestly man have you ever considered taking a break from the internet? Your posts are becoming more and more bizzare.

6 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

Honestly man have you ever considered taking a break from the internet? Your posts are becoming more and more bizzare.

this forum is the highlight of his day. he's just waiting for xrp to hit $0 so he can type "told you so" to all of us and laugh gleefully all because some zerpster triggered him years ago on here.

2 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

this forum is the highlight of his day. he's just waiting for xrp to hit $0 so he can type "told you so" to all of us and laugh gleefully all because some zerpster triggered him years ago on here.

Still lives in hope? Meh, he will have shuffled off his mortal coil before he finds any gratification in this forum 

👏🏻👏🏻