Sign in to follow this  
codiusrex

60 Latin American Banks Can Now Use Bitcoin for Cross-Border Payments

“I have to be honest. I think this is just the first conversation,” said Olivera. “It’s too early to say whether banks will choose to operate with Bitex but it’s a good first step.”

Title is misleading Coindesk hopium based on the key quote of the article (above).

https://www.coindesk.com/60-latin-american-banks-can-now-use-bitcoin-for-cross-border-payments

356139CF-4312-4BAA-8493-9AD14E3D682B.jpeg

Posted (edited)

This is another example of crappy journalism by Coindesk, creating news for sake of "clicks".

The first paragraph goes: "A leading bank technology provider in Latin America is partnering with cryptocurrency exchange Bitex to facilitate cross-border payments over the bitcoin blockchain.".

But if you scroll a little further, the the article states: "Federico Ast, CEO of Buenos Aires-based arbitration startup Kleros, agreed – adding that regulatory uncertainty and seeing cryptocurrencies “as a fad” are still major barriers to entry for Latin American banks. (...) “I have to be honest. I think this is just the first conversation,” said Olivera. “It’s too early to say whether banks will choose to operate with Bitex but it’s a good first step.”.

Edited by PactaSuntServanda

Even if this comes to fruition... Wait till the BTC network clogs up like it did end '17 and confirmations took 24hrs+ an $75 dollars per transaction.

Problem with BTC is that it's fine as long as no one uses it...