Sign in to follow this  
xrpmommy

Panel with Sagar Sarbhai,@BKK Fintech Fair 2019

Just listened to the whole thing, this was excellent. @xrpmommy Where do you find these?

I didn't know that the "Asian 10" had an payments interoperability initiative. The regulator lady was great to hear, and everything they said seemed to line up with what Ripple has envisioned and communicated. 

44 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Gezus how can someone listen to this for 1 hour without falling of his chair asleep.

I found it invigorating :D , So fun to see all the collaboration and progress.

The thing about fundamental innovation, is that it always "takes root at the edges" of the market. China has been wanting to see the IMF/World Bank have some competition for 20 years. It's been clear for a while, but this video drove home the point... the Asian 10 payment markets are going to be the first stepping stone for the IoV.

5 hours ago, Staigera said:

Gezus how can someone listen to this for 1 hour without falling of his chair asleep.

Don't listen to the full hour - even the first 5 min should be enough to get you up out of your chair.

It's also worth noting who participated so I've extracted the names for future reference:

Panelists: (1) Ms. Neav Chanthana, Deputy Governor, National Bank of Cambodia (2) Mr. Thakorn Piyapan, Head of Krungsri Consumer Group, Bank of Ayudhya (3) Mr. Soon Sze Meng, Vice President, Business, Singtel International Group (4) Mr. Alexi Lane, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Everex (5) Mr.Sagar Sarbhai, Head of Regulatory Relation APAC, Ripple

Moderator: Dr. Daranee Saeju, Senior Director, International Department, Bank of Thailand

Nice find @xrpmommy - we should appoint you as head archivist at XRPChat!

3 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Easy - people who are more interested in progress and developments than in moonboi lambo BS will happily listen through these events.

Mhmmm. Lambo does sound more appealing. 

Aren't ppl who are interested in progress listen mostly because they want money out of xrp in the end? And increasing their knowledge on the subject will help them reach that goal how? 

I know I have better things to do then listen to this, but that's me.

Be a good lad and call me when the price goes up. That's the only progress I care about.

See you at the moon.

Or next to the Titanic.

3 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Mhmmm. Lambo does sound more appealing. 

Aren't ppl who are interested in progress listen mostly because they want money out of xrp in the end? And increasing their knowledge on the subject will help them reach that goal how? 

I know I have better things to do then listen to this, but that's me.

Be a good lad and call me when the price goes up. That's the only progress I care about.

See you at the moon.

Or next to the Titanic.

You'll sell before full value is reached because you haven't bothered educating yourself.

But no, it's not all about profiting on xrp. Progress in the flow of money benefits everyone, literally, in the whole world. People like myself who rely heavily on payments from other countries will benefit immensely from faster, cheaper payments and settlements. Many new currently unviable businesses will suddenly boom on the back of that update in the way money moves. But toddle along, you'll get at least some ridiculous depreciating luxury item, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

You'll sell before full value is reached because you haven't bothered educating yourself.

But no, it's not all about profiting on xrp. Progress in the flow of money benefits everyone, literally, in the whole world. People like myself who rely heavily on payments from other countries will benefit immensely from faster, cheaper payments and settlements. Many new currently unviable businesses will suddenly boom on the back of that update in the way money moves. But toddle along, you'll get at least some ridiculous depreciating luxury item, I'm sure.

What makes you so sure the next time (if) xrp rises it won't crash again. 

Because I'm pretty sure YOU will hodl and see it crash back. While I cashed out and maybe buy back, or decide to purchase a  depreciating Ford Shelby GT500 super snake (I don't like lambos that much) . 

Educating my self on this subject still doesn't prove me that this asset will go up 100% neither does not educating myself. I just know I will hodl till I make profit if not then not so be it. 

I mean like ofc you can inform daily Abit what's going on but listening to hours of this, unless you are active in this branche is kind of waste of time in my eyes, since you can't alter xrp In anyway.

But to each their own I guess.

2 hours ago, Staigera said:

Educating my self on this subject still doesn't prove me that this asset will go up 100% neither does not educating myself.

Sounds legit...   I mean everyone knows that’s its the uneducated investors that make the most money in any market yeah?

Hows that phrase go again?  Oh yeah...     “Lack of knowledge is power”.   :) 

8 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

You have literally no idea what my strategy is. But the fact that you take the time to moan about a panel discussion tells me everything I need to know about you. Bye felicia. 

No. But I'm assuming like you do. But the fact that you are being a hypocrite about it is amusing to me. Byeee sandra

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Sounds legit...   I mean everyone knows that’s its the uneducated investors that make the most money in any market yeah?

Hows that phrase go again?  Oh yeah...     “Lack of knowledge is power”.   :) 

Yeah like it's so important to be here reading about this 24/7 lmao if this thing hits 4 euro I already have 1.2 mill if it hits 8. 2.4 . So on. What knowledge that you have makes you more money, that you hodl longer??? Loooool.

And what if it crashes back. You can't predict anything in this market with or without all the knowledge. Many with less knowledge made more money in this market. By simply selling. And that's a FACT.

Now go be a smart *** some where else.

Edited by Staigera

37 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Now go be a smart *** some where else.

Ah thank you...   I am glad you enjoyed my post.  And I do appreciate you thinking that even my arse is smart.   :JC_doubleup:

37 minutes ago, Staigera said:

And that's a FACT.

Oh, well then, if it’s a fact in capitals then it’s clearly quite important.  Thank you for such insightful contributions such as:

and for sharing your wisdom.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Ah thank you...   I am glad you enjoyed my post.  And I do appreciate you thinking that even my arse is smart.   :JC_doubleup:

I said "be A smart ***" perhaps your as$ might actually be the smartest part.

Edited by Staigera