Psikosen

Using XRP in my social media app

Hello all, 

So i've been noticing spin off's using crypto-currencies in games, such as ethereum like crypto kitties or world of ether is this possible with xrp ?(Essentially, creating games or websites that utilize XRP as a payment system  for items or monsters etc.)

donofrio.png

Should be plenty possible. I guess it depends on what kind of user flow you had in mind, but having a service that just monitors for incoming payments of XRP with specific destination tags/memos/invoiceIDs/whatever and then crediting people with the appropriate items in the in-game databases shouldn't be much harder than anything else. You could potentially also use on-ledger issued currencies to represent different types of in-game resources and make markets for trading those to XRP/whatever else but that would involve some more complications.

I do hope something comes of Codius one of these days. I have been having a blast playing Gods Unchained,  its pretty similar to MTG if you ever played that as a kid.  Everything about the game is great except for when you interact with Ethereum.  Yet its fascinating witnessing how transformative video games can be utilizing a blockchain. Simple smart contracts giving users control of their digital cards, just that alone gives me so many ideas. There is also a marketplace that can be viewed and if you have cards you can list for sale, it's not implemented yet so who knows how that will eventually go. I would love to see something built on xrpl that actually scales!

Thanks for all the replies, I am definitely going to look into this, I also check out codius , so I may look into that and also using destination tags/memos/invoiceIDs/ in my app, these are some great idea's for sure. Thank you for your thoughts

What's  CSC and GFG  are those also crypto currencies or ??