Sign in to follow this  
quan

Is this a leak?

1 minute ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

It's saying FedNow is designed to be a competitor to TCH.

I understand FedNow is different from TCH. 

Posted (edited)

It's interesting that although TCH is owned by "25 big banks" they've only managed to get 16 to go live thus far. Also of interest was that the FedNow target date is for 2023-2024, and even then, that Ledford saw this as requiring a lot of work ahead of them. (them being the Fed)  Domestically, there's really no need for Xrapid or XRP as I see it, but to connect internationally, I still see a big opportunity for Ripple. Who knows, maybe RippleNet is still a viable domestic option.

Edited by WuWei

12 minutes ago, WuWei said:

Also of interest was that the FedNow target date is for 2023-2024, and even then, that Ledford saw this as requiring a lot of work ahead of them. 

To clarify... he said 2023 is an ambitious goal for FedNow, not that he or TCH are doing any of that work.

12 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

To clarify... he said 2023 is an ambitious goal for FedNow, not that he or TCH are doing any of that work.

Thanks, I amended my post to "them" as being the Fed.

27 minutes ago, WuWei said:

It's interesting that although TCH is owned by "25 big banks" they've only managed to get 16 to go live thus far. Also of interest was that the FedNow target date is for 2023-2024, and even then, that Ledford saw this as requiring a lot of work ahead of them. Domestically, there's really no need for Xrapid or XRP as I see it, but to connect internationally, I still see a big opportunity for Ripple. But who knows, maybe RippleNet is a viable domestic option.

From what I read. TCH and Fednow are moving money with joint accounts, therefore need maintenance, increases the fee. 

World is working on decentralization and Fed seems to have no idea about it. 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Soup said:

When I read the passage above - I only read TCH, but curious minds can disagree. 

My apology. TCH is in the list of SIPS initiatives  and TCH could be the only established company.

But then again, TCH system still works by prefunding and could manipulate the fee if they are the only dominant player.

So, there need to be another player competing TCH for developing diverse spectrum of use cases  and low price.

Edited by quan