deadestfish

Hundreds of XRP Holders Petition Trump to "Stop Ripple Dumping"

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Trump, the 2020 elections could potentially be very important for cryptos.  The Trump administration has basically taken a hands off wait and see approach with respect to regulations on cryptos in spite of the negative rhetoric from Mnution and even Trump himself.  If the Democrats get into power in the 2020 elections, we could see regulations on cryptos take a drastic turn for the worse since the Democrats are generally pro-regulations and the left-leaning ones who are generally worse in that regard are dominating the narrative and platform this election cycle.   You might think this will not affect XRP and its price because it tries to be very compliant and is pro-establishment, but altcoins' prices are still very highly correlated to BTC's price, particularly with BTC currently dominating the global crypto market at over 60%, and the BTC halving will occur next year around June, about half a year before the presidential election, and if the Democrats win, their victory will occur over a year in advance before BTC prices are likely to take off once more at the end of 2021, similarly as they did in 2017.  With the "right" regulations here in the US after their win, the Democrats can significantly affect the tail end of the 4-yr BTC price cycle for the worse, bringing BTC's price down and altcoins' prices along with it even worse, including XRP, for God knows how long, 'til a recovery occurs, possibly much later.

I'm not saying this is a given, but it's definitely a possibility to consider seriously, IMO, the implications of a left-leaning Democratic presidential win, particularly with the significantly left-leaning Elizabeth Warren in the lead:

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/6/20757406/warren-biden-sanders-democratic-presidential-polls

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/448768-the-rise-of-elizabeth-warren-spells-bad-news-for-the-democratic-party

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/elizabeth-warren-john-delaney-big-ideas-democratic-debate/

Edited by enrique11

3 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Speaking of Trump, the 2020 elections could potentially be very important for cryptos.  The Trump administration has basically taken a hands off wait and see approach with respect to regulations on cryptos in spite of the negative rhetoric from Mnution and even Trump himself.  If the Democrats get into power in the 2020 elections, we could see regulations on cryptos take a drastic turn for the worse since the Democrats are generally pro-regulations and the left-leaning ones who are generally worse in that regard are dominating the narrative and platform this election cycle.   You might think this will not affect XRP and its price because it tries to be very compliant and is pro-establishment, but altcoins' prices are still very highly correlated to BTC's price, particularly with BTC currently dominating the global crypto market at over 60%, and the BTC halving will occur next year around June, about half a year before the presidential election, and if the Democrats win, their victory will occur over a year in advance before BTC prices are likely to take off once more at the end of 2021, similarly as they did in 2017.  With the "right" regulations here in the US after their win, the Democrats can significantly affect the tail end of the 4-yr BTC price cycle for the worse, bringing BTC's price down and altcoins' prices along with it even worse, including XRP, for God knows how long, 'til a recovery occurs, possibly much later.

I'm not saying this is a given, but it's definitely a possibility to consider seriously, IMO, the implications of a left-leaning Democratic presidential win, particularly with the significantly left-leaning Elizabeth Warren in the lead:

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/6/20757406/warren-biden-sanders-democratic-presidential-polls

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/448768-the-rise-of-elizabeth-warren-spells-bad-news-for-the-democratic-party

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/elizabeth-warren-john-delaney-big-ideas-democratic-debate/

yerr-nahhh, this will depend on how much we, errrr ripple, bribe errrr give, the democrats....

3 hours ago, Montoya said:

fantastic...so now this is a neo-nazi white nationalist chat group?....and just when I thought it couldn't get any more ******* idiotic. Don't we have enough poor white trash playing the victim in this world? If you are a "normie", it is no one's fault but your own. Maybe try not sucking at life. If they bought yachts and made billions it is because they ******* earned it. 

Cope.

7 hours ago, automatic said:

Are you tired of being underwater on your investment?  Do you have trouble sleeping at night knowing that others are getting rich while you remain stagnant?  Do you become irritable upon checking your cryptofolio?   Have you tried joining pump groups and publishing your bullish manifestos on Twitter to no avail?

If so, you are not alone.  Cryptoaltsomnia is a serious condition affecting millions of people.

But now, there is a cure.  It is called cutting your losses and investing your money elsewhere.  Our revolutionary patented one-step process is guaranteed to instantly and permanently cure your cryptoaltsomnia.   Call now to discover the revolutionary process that has changed the lives of millions of crypto alt investors!!

But , but , but what about the hodl 😂?

1 hour ago, FUD said:

But , but , but what about the hodl 😂?

Complications from "Cutting your losses and buying something else" are extremely rare (last recorded instance: Dec 2017) and include missing the next alt bull run, or buying at ATH and watching your holdings retract by 95%.    In some instances, not "cutting your losses and buying something else" is subject to the exact same complications, thus suggesting that said complications may be endemic to crypto investors in general.

7 hours ago, Montoya said:

Did anyone promise you that XRP would reach some magic number? 

There was this cartoon bear, ya know.. 

:)

7 hours ago, Montoya said:

so are oil futures. Does buying them mean I should be able to tell Exxon to burn half their reserves?

If you have oil futures, then you are basically king of Saudi Arabia.

I'm glad you are with us, your excellency. 

10 hours ago, Benchmark said:

If you have oil futures, then you are basically king of Saudi Arabia.

I'm glad you are with us, your excellency. 

https://www.thebalance.com/trading-crude-oil-futures-809351

We can discuss corn or soy futures if you prefer. In both cases, owning a commodity (or in the case of futures contracts, the right to own a commodity at a certain price) doesn't give one the legal or ethical right to demand that other holders destroy their own holdings to drive up the price. Let's say a farmers sells half his soybeans on futures contracts at $8. But six months later, it ended up being a bumper year and the price of beans falls to $6.50. The farmer may choose to sell those beans at that price, or he may hold them in hopes the price goes up, or he may sell some and hold some. What the farmer does will largely be dictated by what the farmer thinks is best. Perhaps the farmer believes the price of beans will go to $10, but he needs to buy a new tractor right now, or perhaps he has other expenses, or perhaps he simply wants to take his wife on a cruise to jamaica. In any case, the farmer cannot be faulted for selling his product and spending the money he earned. The utility of a dollar is subjective. 

Most absurd of all is the notion that the farmer should burn half of his soybeans to raise the price. This would not benefit the farmer at all and would only benefit those who made poor speculative decisions and purchased futures contracts at $8.

Buying XRP is little different than buying an asset or a futures contract for an asset. We are taking the risk that the farmer may sell more at lower prices than we anticipated. This is not the fault of the farmer but a fault of the speculator who misjudged the situation and now wants to blame the farmer for acting in his own interest. 

15 hours ago, God said:

Cope.

Says the guy who is whining "poor me" because others have more $$ than him. If you could cope you'd be taking responsibility for your own investment decisions, and not blaming it on made up cabals or nefarious, greedy businessmen.  'How dare they buy a yacht with money they earned!' Guess what, you invent something people want to buy, you can be rich too. Until then, quit whining. And keep your worn out racial victimhood nonsense for your subreddit. 

23 hours ago, Montoya said:

fantastic...so now this is a neo-nazi white nationalist chat group?....and just when I thought it couldn't get any more ******* idiotic. Don't we have enough poor white trash playing the victim in this world? If you are a "normie", it is no one's fault but your own. Maybe try not sucking at life. If they bought yachts and made billions it is because they ******* earned it. 

That’s some of the most random racist BS I’ve seen on this board. You should really be proud of what’s stirring in that heart of yours. What a waste of a life. 

22 hours ago, codiusrex said:

That’s some of the most random racist BS I’ve seen on this board. You should really be proud of what’s stirring in that heart of yours. What a waste of a life. 

Ummm...so just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are fine with the phrase "the time of the goyim has come", but me calling it out as the racist, white supremacist trope that it is, is somehow racist itself? Lol. If there is any "waste of life" here it is the guy who feels Ripple owes him money, and uses a phrase implying that somehow a Jewish cabal is responsible for his failures in life. 

Posted (edited)

the petition only shows that investors are concerned about the lack of marketing and progress. The company keeps saying that x amount of banks are using ripple etc. But where is the proof ?

I do love the technology and the idea behind it but I have to agree the marketing is not very transparent at all. I do understand there are NDAs in place but they must/can do better than this.

Edited by crypto2libertas