Ripple about XRP price

People here are missing two important facts...   firstly and most importantly XRP is not stock.  People talking about CEOs concerns etc are way off base in considering that XRP price is analogous to stock for Ripple.

Secondly the fact is that there is no upside for Ripple in issuing price predictions.  There is a whole lot of downside though.

For all you folk raging against the reality....   just place your bets...  there is no certainty.

12 hours ago, Guybrush said:

I know that it's in Ripple's best interest to increase the price of XRP

How do you know that? You could argue that price stability would be more better for the company. A higher price might be better for XRP holders personally.

Edited by lucid99
27 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

How do you know that? You could argue that price stability would be more better for the company. A higher price might be better for XRP holders personally.

Queuing that one David Swartz twitter about buying a house with $1 vs $1 million dollar crypto in 3.. 2..

Seriously though.  I never bought into David's explanation. I agree, what, if any,  interest would Ripple have in a higher price.  Liquidity can be achieved with a high quantity of low priced tokens.  Yes, the transaction is a bit more expensive, but not much, and still cheaper than alternative methods of cross border remittances. 

Edited by Zerpple
28 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

Firstly it’s self evident that a higher price brings greater liquidity.  Secondly a higher price increases Ripple net worth.  Thirdly they have said they would like a higher price multiple times.  Fourthly their staff have privately indicated it needs to be in whole dollar double digits to achieve even a fraction of what they are aiming at.

Lastly there is no reason that Ripple would want price stability other than when it’s at a global usage plateau.  The daily volatility does not impede Xrapid.  They are not holding it down waiting for mates to get on board.  The nonsense that’s sprouted about all that is merely the rambling thoughts of foolish retail investors.

XRP and XRapid can function right now...   but it’s far better for its customers if the price is higher and global liquidity is greater.

In the same way that a mountaineer doesn’t stop climbing just because she reached base camp,  Ripple have a long way to go and 30c ain’t the summit.  There is no guarantee they will achieve the results they are after,  but this is the end of the beginning...  not the beginning of the end.

All of this is boringly self evident.

Ripple does not talk about their price. They just send people to this forum to meet the hodlrs, $589sers, and the others know it all about the future of money.  The purchase of XRP after is guranteed. Then something magical happens, after they buy XRP.... they themselves become experts in XRP and advise others.  This forum is the sales machine of Ripple.  

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Firstly it’s self evident that a higher price brings greater liquidity.  Secondly a higher price increases Ripple net worth.  Thirdly they have said they would like a higher price multiple times.  Fourthly their staff have privately indicated it needs to be in whole dollar double digits to achieve even a fraction of what they are aiming at.

Lastly there is no reason that Ripple would want price stability other than when it’s at a global usage plateau.  The daily volatility does not impede Xrapid.  They are not holding it down waiting for mates to get on board.  The nonsense that’s sprouted about all that is merely the rambling thoughts of foolish retail investors.

XRP and XRapid can function right now...   but it’s far better for its customers if the price is higher and global liquidity is greater.

In the same way that a mountaineer doesn’t stop climbing just because she reached base camp,  Ripple have a long way to go and 30c ain’t the summit.  There is no guarantee they will achieve the results they are after,  but this is the end of the beginning...  not the beginning of the end.

Would you mind if i posted this on every xrp youtuber's comment section starting 2mrw everyday for the rest of the month?

19 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Hey all, maybe I didn't do enough research about it myself, but maybe you can help with this.

I know that it's in Ripple's best interest to increase the price of XRP, but have you seen any comments from them regarding the lackluster price action ?

Or maybe any prognosis, I can't find anything from Ripple about XRP's price.

Thx :D

No they don't comment because the crypto markets are extremely manipulated. 

6 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Ripple does not talk about their price. They just send people to this forum to meet the hodlrs, $589sers, and the others know it all about the future of money.  The purchase of XRP after is guranteed. Then something magical happens, after they buy XRP.... they themselves become experts in XRP and advise others.  This forum is the sales machine of Ripple.  

Thanx god this forum has millionairs which got here for a financial advise. I think Ripple would bankrupt long time ago without this forum investors.

6 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

Well then Ripple made a big mistake, because this forum also has you. And you are here purely to endlessly ***** and whine like a little child and try to make people to see the truth about XRP and Ripple. Don't blame others for your own actions, boy. 

2 hours ago, xrphilosophy said:

It can? New concept I suppose as long as the market appreciates volatility. 

I don’t want to ruin my own party, but it seems to me everyone here is talking about different kinds of liquidity and mixing this up with volatility, utility and other things ending with -ty. 

Talking about market liquidity ( to be able to sell or buy instantly without a substantial impact on price) there’s a correlation with average daily trade volume ( high) and somewhat weaker with fundamentals and market capitalisation. High liquidity by definition means low volatility. There’s also a correlation with price, atlhough the other way around: investors tend to favor high liquidity with a willingness to pay a higher price ( because the asset is easier to liquidate, thus more in demand). 

A low price doesn’t necessarily mean low liquidity ( and what do we call low? Research shows it could be for stocks under $ 0.25) , high prices don’t mean high liquidity per se ( what about BTC?). 

Anyhow: in any discussion it would be a good thing to first have consensus about the definitions of what we’re talking about. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
16 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Well then Ripple made a big mistake, because this forum also has you. And you are here purely to endlessly ***** and whine like a little child and try to make people to see the truth about XRP and Ripple. Don't blame others for your own actions, boy. 

I never said anything terrible about XRP and Ripple. NEVER.  

Blame others? I made money when it ran to ATH...then pleaded for about the last nearly 15 months not to try and catch bottoms, or add to losing positions. There is no "truth" to Ripple. One, we don't know the potential and all guessing, second Ripple and XRP coins never (and I mean never) since Ripple and XRP established had any correlations in terms of price. Ripple could grow to Billions, and XRP could be at 10 cents. Zero association.  

Dream big, but don't lose your sense of humor. My comment was sarcastic and was made to make fun. If it poked a weakness in your speculation theory, you have some deep issues.  

On 8/9/2019 at 12:27 AM, Spekul8 said:

I see no evidence or justification for your claims.  My impression is that XRPchat is an independent forum allowing an open discussion of a wide variety of views.  It seems to be moderated by tolerant bunch  with no connection with Ripple.  They even tolerate insulting posts like yours without banning you. 

Yes there are investors who are over optimistic and others who are over pessimistic, that is the nature of open forums like this.  In the end it is human nature to look for breadcrumbs that feed our predictions and expectations, and people take sides by aligning their opinions with others who agree with them.  You have to be respectful if you are to be truly open to the opinions of others.

Edited by Julian_Williams
On 8/8/2019 at 11:20 PM, Tinyaccount said:

At least give Winston Churchill some credit if you're going to steal, I mean borrow his line..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.