Ripple about XRP price

Hey all, maybe I didn't do enough research about it myself, but maybe you can help with this.

I know that it's in Ripple's best interest to increase the price of XRP, but have you seen any comments from them regarding the lackluster price action ?

Or maybe any prognosis, I can't find anything from Ripple about XRP's price.

Thx :D

They don’t talk about price.  They have said it sometimes surprises them...  I assume they mean the market doesn’t react to good news.

There is nothing they CAN say about price really is there?  What would you expect of them?  No reasonable company is going to talk about price...  only scammers and shill coins do.

They could be sued for misleading people into believing the price would go up and courts could use encouragement to buy XRP as evidence that XRP is a Security.  I think Ripple must be very frustrated that XRP is not gaining value as it would improve the liquidity of their corridors.  I personally believe that there are now enough big players in teh XRP ecosystem to support XRP if it fell further and that one day they will all give each other a nod and wink and collectively push the price up by buying stock.

5 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

They don’t talk about price.  They have said it sometimes surprises them...  I assume they mean the market doesn’t react to good news.

There is nothing they CAN say about price really is there?  What would you expect of them?  No reasonable company is going to talk about price...  only scammers and shill coins do.

So you are saying in the history of finance, CEO's have never talked about the share price / asset price(s) of their company ? B*llocks!! - I work in finance and I can tell you that is all CEO's care about.

We all need to stop fannyig around. We bought their product with the hopes of it increasing in price and make profit. They want it to increase in price for increased liquidity, so someone one should put them on the spot and ask them / Brad about the price of XRP ! 

He said in 2018 that he doesnt really look at the price, but he does check every 3 or 6 months.. doubt that.

For XRP to work the price has to be high PERIOD !

We want the price to be high so we can make money PERIOD !

The fact is by not talking about the price of XRP they are hiding away and that is not on.

IMO the price will rise, but when who the fk knows.

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

They could be sued for misleading people into believing the price would go up and courts could use encouragement to buy XRP as evidence that XRP is a Security.  I think Ripple must be very frustrated that XRP is not gaining value as it would improve the liquidity of their corridors.  I personally believe that there are now enough big players in teh XRP ecosystem to support XRP if it fell further and that one day they will all give each other a nod and wink and collectively push the price up by buying stock.

pretty much spot on !

Well, I mean, I'm sure they have milestones in software development and customerdeals. So if they say they need XRP high, they should have some milestones in XRP price as well.

Or at least have predictions on what XRP price should be with current and future use of xRapid & coil.

Edited by Guybrush

People and bots swap their positions in favour of BTC just to jump on the fomo train.  

There are a lot of similarities of the price actions seen in late 2017, just before the quite unexpected rise of XRP and other alts.

Surely with the push for regulatory certainty and to make sure XRP isn't labeled as a security, Ripple will want to steer clear of speaking about the coin in anything other than a hard, factual sense? So there's no rope with which to hang themselves further down the line?

Edited by Guest
29 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

Well, I mean, I'm sure they have milestones in software development and customerdeals. So if they say they need XRP high, they should have some milestones in XRP price as well.

Or at least have predictions on what XRP price should be with current and future use.

Exactly.

You see it countless times, CEO's talking their book, and their predictions of their company and share price.

Simple things er: "Visa share price is 180 USD, we expect " blah blah blah (not saying XRP will be anywhere near that ** disclaimer **

4 minutes ago, ianinthefuture said:

Surely with the push for regulatory certainty and to make sure XRP isn't labeled as a security, Ripple will want to steer clear of speaking about the coin in anything other than a hard, factual sense? So there's no rope with which to hang themselves further down the line?

I dont think any regulator will give a damn about a company talking about the price of an asset. Its the price of an asset and they are a private company so can talk about it as much as they like.

Also, regulators have already made up their mind on the state of play, that i am sure of. I dont think Brad Garlinghouse turning up on Bloomberg saying "Yes, I believe XRP is grossly undervalued, i think it SHOULD be x.xx or in that region. Why it isnt i am not sure, but this is just my opion due to (blah blah blah)"

IF the company was a public traded company then fair enough, you would have to be much more prudent.

Again I do believe it will rise inprice but god knows when. I mean it could take 10 years to see this take off!

Ripple has a unique responsibility being that they are an actual company.  Does the Apple CEO or Amazon CEO come out and talk about stock price and what it will be in the future?  No, they talk about the product.

Bitcoin folks don't worry about the doors being kicked in by the feds.  They don't have doors.  As a result, they can say anything they want to pump the price, whenever they want, without consequences.

Really, most of the crypto space can be viewed as a ponzi scheme, there are over 2000 coins listed on CoinMarketCap.  How many in the top 5 have companies with a brick & mortar address behind them?  How many have an actual CEO?  Not a customer facing developer, but a CEO?

6 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Given that XRP going to "zero" or going too low would be terrible for xRapid  I wonder what Ripple would do if the price kept going down? Would they have to step in or something? (But stepping in would be manipulation). Perhaps that is just a risk of the xRapid product is that it is dependent on the market staying healthy.

9 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Given that XRP going to "zero" or going too low would be terrible for xRapid  I wonder what Ripple would do if the price kept going down? Would they have to step in or something? (But stepping in would be manipulation). Perhaps that is just a risk of the xRapid product is that it is dependent on the market staying healthy.

From your perspective, what does the price NEED to be in order for Ripple to provide sufficient liquidity to support value transfers matching SWIFT today?

Use math.

10 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Hey all, maybe I didn't do enough research about it myself, but maybe you can help with this.

I know that it's in Ripple's best interest to increase the price of XRP, but have you seen any comments from them regarding the lackluster price action ?

Or maybe any prognosis, I can't find anything from Ripple about XRP's price.

Thx :D

I don't have the twitter link but I'm 99% sure that @JoelKatz once said that a higher value for XRP was better for Ripple and that the company was working to ultimately improve the price.

4 hours ago, mariusthegreat said:

I dont think any regulator will give a damn about a company talking about the price of an asset

In all the Great Wall of wrath you had laid out here...    the above statement stands out as the most incorrect of all.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.