Nobody cares about XRP - until they do

3 hours ago, fatlever said:

Why is it not true? Just off the top of my head, here are a couple of coins that outperformed XRP by a lot.  

• NEO went from $0.13 to $190
  • Nano went from $0.01 to $38

That pump wasn't out of nowhere.  It was SWELL 2018 and Ripple was hyping the launch of xRapid and the that major banks would be using xRapid at the end of the year.   This really pumped the price.  As it turned out there were no major banks and Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union, Cuallix and MercuryFx were using xRapid were the only ones using xRapid at the end of 2018 and nobody gave a **** and price tanked again.  

The escrow kicked off the pump, swell (the 1... 2... 3... Cat out of the bag event) took us to around 40 c from something like 17 c

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early December 2017, and the mood for XRP was as it is now....it's a bag of sh!t, Ripple have let us down, should have bought Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum (which were mooning)...and of course, the trol

From what I can see this bull run is a BTC Whale Tether thing which is irrelevant to the strategy and purpose of XRP.  Seems that XRP and BTC are hardly in the same market, so  I try (quite deliberate

This is absolutely retarded reasoning.  During that same period, ETH which had languished in ~$300 range since June also went up to $1,400.  NEO went from $35 to $190.  REQuest went from $0.10 to $1.0

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fatlever said:

Why is it not true? Just off the top of my head, here are a couple of coins that outperformed XRP by a lot.  

• NEO went from $0.13 to $190
  • Nano went from $0.01 to $38

That pump wasn't out of nowhere.  It was SWELL 2018 and Ripple was hyping the launch of xRapid and the that major banks would be using xRapid at the end of the year.   This really pumped the price.  As it turned out there were no major banks and Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union, Cuallix and MercuryFx were using xRapid were the only ones using xRapid at the end of 2018 and nobody gave a **** and price tanked again.  

Not sure what your points are here.  Other cryptos outperformed XRP that x350'd in 2017? Well whoopdy do - well done those cryptos.

And then you give fundamental reasons (SWELL conference) for XRP pumping.  Again, that's a positive thing.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
12 hours ago, GiddyUp said:

This is the market...

image.png.7ca9952c031bea44e72bdeb893a7aa6a.png

This is the reality...

image.thumb.png.eaf1884732493cb232399f41a907e9e4.png

Just my opinion :D

My opinion in all of this is pretty much summed up in your bottom image @GiddyUp. Most compare XRP value to the values of other crypto and or previous crypto market performance. I care about XRP today as I perceive it to be in the future.

In the future I expect conditions to be very different than the present or the past. I think in the future with nostro vostro stacks freed up and massive amounts of value being moved via XRP, the “truck” moving value has to be larger. Once that truck starts getting bigger through freed up capital, awareness and interest, a lot of people (retail and big boys and girls investors) will care about XRP.

My patience might be a little longer than most. I’ve become more patient through witnessing the sloth-like response of those with regulatory responsibility. I see the MG partnership as a pivot to move forward despite the sloths in suits and see regulatory guidelines to likely continue to be the anchor dragging behind progress instead of being an out-front enabler as it should.

I’ve set my re-evaluation point to be 2025. Yes I’ll be looking and learning daily along the way but, I’m reserving judgment way out as I think it’s way too early to try and make any accurate predictions today.  There’s too many examples of great performing investments that performed dreadfully for many years only to become the investment we should have made. I think XRP will fall into this select group of prized investments before the end of the next decade when a good portion of our population cares about XRP. 

7 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Not sure what your points are here.  Other cryptos outperformed XRP that x350'd in 2017? Well whoopdy do - well done those cryptos.

And then you give fundamental reasons (SWELL conference) for XRP pumping.  Again, that's a positive thing.

Do you even read what you write?  You wrote "to say that XRP performed on par with other alt coins during 2017 is simply not true" saying other coins didn't do as well as XRP in 2017.  I pointed out that simply is not true.

And say SWELL conference hyping up xRapid resulting in an XRP pump just doesn't look good for Ripple because they didn't deliver ****, hyped up big banks onboarding xRapid in 2018 and probably made great money dumping escrow XRP.  

On 8/6/2019 at 3:57 PM, Milly238 said:

I am sort of with you @fatlever.

I do not think xrp will have a switch flipped and we 25x or whatever away from other coins.  This market moves with bitcoin whether people think it does or not.  We will not move based on fundamentals or utility (right now).  We will move on speculation WHEN btc moves/money leaves btc back into alts.  Unfortunately that is how this market operates in these early days.  HODL and hopefully your coin you believe in gets a piece of the pie.

What if its proven that @JoelKatz is Satoshi himself.....and DS then gets the publicity as the "Father of all Crypto", and goes on to discuss how superior XRP tech is to anything else in the market.  And Adds that XRP is more decentralized......Sorry got carried away.

All I can see if this happens is Bitcoin Maxi's spontaneously combustion.  :)

12 hours ago, fatlever said:

Do you even read what you write?  You wrote "to say that XRP performed on par with other alt coins during 2017 is simply not true" saying other coins didn't do as well as XRP in 2017.  I pointed out that simply is not true

Uh...no....I didn't say that.  @ed1 said that .....do you even read what I write? :D

And say SWELL conference hyping up xRapid resulting in an XRP pump just doesn't look good for Ripple because they didn't deliver ****, hyped up big banks onboarding xRapid in 2018 and probably made great money dumping escrow XRP.  

They launched xRapid at SWELL.  If launching something is "hype", then you need to look up what hype actually means. 

15 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Uh...no....I didn't say that.  @ed1 said that .....do you even read what I write? :D

They launched xRapid at SWELL.  If launching something is "hype", then you need to look up what hype actually means. 

If you think launching xRapid at SWELL was anything but hype, if you think xRapid has been anything but hype thus far, then you need to get out of this echo-chamber a bit.  

38 minutes ago, fatlever said:

If you think launching xRapid at SWELL was anything but hype, if you think xRapid has been anything but hype thus far, then you need to get out of this echo-chamber a bit.  

Interesting.   So in your mind,  new things to market just drop in entire and all at once at final volume?  You’ve never seen anything start small and ramp up?

And while that thing was being talked about it’s all “hype” because it doesn’t drop in at its final size?

Your posts come across as someone who is extremely disgruntled that their dream of wealth didn’t quickly materialise.  I feel that pain too because I was hoping for faster growth than we’ve seen.  Disrupting an entrenched payments methodology apparently takes time.  Perhaps Brad was correct about it being a marathon not a sprint,

38 minutes ago, fatlever said:

If you think Xrapid is hype, then you are sadly mistaken. Announcing Xrapid during swell maybe considered as hype but actually announcing Xrapid as going live is a statement of fact, now you may be disgruntled that it hasn’t had the desired effect concerning your investment and even consider it some kind of white elephant  but the facts are it’s one of the main crypto’s with a working product. 

6 hours ago, fatlever said:

44 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

The title should be "wait for the manipulated altcoin pump it's going to come any day now"  also last September was another pump and dump, relying on manipulation to get profit is not a sign of a good investment...

Lol.

10 hours ago, fatlever said:

Okay I will, but only if you also get out of the echo chamber, in other words leave this place. Deal?

10 hours ago, fatlever said:

Ahhh diddums. Someone isn't being instantly gratified! You're the guy that would rather eat one mashmallow instantly than wait for two. 

Sell your XRP if you're genuine, or find a better job if someone's paying you to post nonsense. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.