2ndtimearound

Nobody cares about XRP - until they do

I’m in just after the ath, wanted to get in when it was 14p before the run up but couldn’t as exchanges were taking so long, averaging about 25p now, I believe in 1-2 years we will see all the non believers begging and wishing they could turn back the clock and buy when they should have and not when xrp hits the number one slot. 

🔙🔛🔝🔜

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Ltwiggles1 said:

I’m in just after the ath, wanted to get in when it was 14p before the run up but couldn’t as exchanges were taking so long, averaging about 25p now, I believe in 1-2 years we will see all the non believers begging and wishing they could turn back the clock and buy when they should have and not when xrp hits the number one slot. 

🔙🔛🔝🔜

An asset that's price is distressed is unloved - this is a function of knowing the past, understanding the present, but not knowing the future. 

An asset that's price is rising is loved - ditto the above.

The above "latency" of buying into an asset that's price is rising is like approaching a moving target.  Sometimes you're lucky because the moving target remains still long enough that you can "capture" it (capture profits)....but most of the time it's moved away from you by the time you get there.  All you can do is research its movements, and wait in a place that you think the target will eventually move to, then you capture it.  That requires patience most of the time.  Quite often, people wait in the right place, but they don't wait long enough.  And yes, sometimes we wait for years, and the target never arrives - that can happen too (I am aware of that!).

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Good post. I’m watching a few around me parading their Bitcoin fortunes while I’ve been in the red for a looonnng time. Takes patience to not just trade it all to Bitcoin.

The difference this time around is that few people were in the red in December 2017. Many XRP investors had already seen massive returns. So it will be interesting to see how this one turns out. 

3 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

From what I can see this bull run is a BTC Whale Tether thing which is irrelevant to the strategy

Curious why you think that. Maybe that was the case last time around. But now, it actually does seem like more and more people are looking to Bitcoin as digital gold. 

https://www.barrons.com/articles/bitcoin-is-rising-as-u-s-stocks-and-the-yuan-fall-51565025393

5 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

so  I try (quite deliberately) to ignore comparing prices with BTC even though they fluctuate in synch with each other.  I

I try to ignore comparing prices because one has shot up enormously and the other has stagnated but maybe I’m just too simple minded.

15 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Early December 2017, and the mood for XRP was as it is now....it's a bag of sh!t, Ripple have let us down, should have bought Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum (which were mooning)...and of course, the trolls were out in full, laughing at XRP holders.

Then XRP's price shot up and within a day, a different group of people were complaining they couldn't buy XRP, couldn't get verified, didn't buy enough, missed the boat:-

This lasted a full 3 weeks.  XRP x14'd in that time. 

This is absolutely retarded reasoning.  During that same period, ETH which had languished in ~$300 range since June also went up to $1,400.  NEO went from $35 to $190.  REQuest went from $0.10 to $1.00.  SUBstratum went from $0.30 to $3.00.  Almost every shitcoin moon during that 4-week period.  It was a black swan event where BTC dumped hard and money poured into everything else with people seeking profits.   XRP did not do anything special.  

Hell, I posted here and was made fun of for buying Raiblocks/Nano at about the same price as XRP and while XRP only went to ~$3.50 range, Nano went to $34 and I ended up selling for at least x30.  If someone told you they were holding REQ, SUB or some other shitcoin because it could x10 anytime, you'd call them stupid.  Hell, you know people are holding Nano because they believe it's revolutionary tech and could easily 25x anytime.   Bagholders of every coin including XRP thinks their coin could x10 overnight.   It's  delusional.  

I am sort of with you @fatlever.

I do not think xrp will have a switch flipped and we 25x or whatever away from other coins.  This market moves with bitcoin whether people think it does or not.  We will not move based on fundamentals or utility (right now).  We will move on speculation WHEN btc moves/money leaves btc back into alts.  Unfortunately that is how this market operates in these early days.  HODL and hopefully your coin you believe in gets a piece of the pie.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Milly238 said:

This market moves with bitcoin whether people think it does or not.  We will not move based on fundamentals or utility (right now).  We will move on speculation WHEN btc moves/money leaves btc back into alts.  Unfortunately that is how this market operates in these early days.  HODL and hopefully your coin you believe in gets a piece of the pie.

Absolutely - it's speculation.  It's funny that another poster insinuated that I thought XRP was different to the rest of the market in the last bull run.  Well, there were differences, but generally the market went up together.  

My point was that you can't time the market, not what moves the market (looking at you @fatlever) and that sentiment changes on a sixpence.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

19 hours ago, invest2lose said:

will xrp see another speculative bubble? guess we'll have to wait and see. speculators are not willing to jump in because there's 0 volatility in this coin.

This is the market...

image.png.7ca9952c031bea44e72bdeb893a7aa6a.png

This is the reality...

image.thumb.png.eaf1884732493cb232399f41a907e9e4.png

Just my opinion :D

On 8/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, fatlever said:

This is absolutely retarded reasoning.  During that same period, ETH which had languished in ~$300 range since June also went up to $1,400.  NEO went from $35 to $190.  REQuest went from $0.10 to $1.00.  SUBstratum went from $0.30 to $3.00.  Almost every shitcoin moon during that 4-week period.  It was a black swan event where BTC dumped hard and money poured into everything else with people seeking profits.   XRP did not do anything special.  

Hell, I posted here and was made fun of for buying Raiblocks/Nano at about the same price as XRP and while XRP only went to ~$3.50 range, Nano went to $34 and I ended up selling for at least x30.  If someone told you they were holding REQ, SUB or some other shitcoin because it could x10 anytime, you'd call them stupid.  Hell, you know people are holding Nano because they believe it's revolutionary tech and could easily 25x anytime.   Bagholders of every coin including XRP thinks their coin could x10 overnight.   It's  delusional.  

The problem with your reasoning is that you are only looking at a very restricted window for XRP price appreciation during 2017. The fact is, during 2017, XRP went from 0.006 to 3$, that's a 500x return in a year. That return in itself may also be a black swan and probably is but to say that XRP performed on par with other alt coins during 2017 is simply not true.

One more thing, I would be a lot more negative about XRP if it weren't for the September 2018 pump that came out of nowhere and took XRP from 27 cents to 76 cents in a matter of hours.

5 hours ago, ed1 said:

The problem with your reasoning is that you are only looking at a very restricted window for XRP price appreciation during 2017. The fact is, during 2017, XRP went from 0.006 to 3$, that's a 500x return in a year. That return in itself may also be a black swan and probably is but to say that XRP performed on par with other alt coins during 2017 is simply not true.

Why is it not true? Just off the top of my head, here are a couple of coins that outperformed XRP by a lot.  

• NEO went from $0.13 to $190
  • Nano went from $0.01 to $38

6 hours ago, ed1 said:

One more thing, I would be a lot more negative about XRP if it weren't for the September 2018 pump that came out of nowhere and took XRP from 27 cents to 76 cents in a matter of hours.

That pump wasn't out of nowhere.  It was SWELL 2018 and Ripple was hyping the launch of xRapid and the that major banks would be using xRapid at the end of the year.   This really pumped the price.  As it turned out there were no major banks and Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union, Cuallix and MercuryFx were using xRapid were the only ones using xRapid at the end of 2018 and nobody gave a **** and price tanked again.