ripplewaytogo

What if banks don’t use XRP, does XRP still worth buying?

29 minutes ago, retep said:

i do read things about banks comming up with their own crypto coin, so how about that? And any individual can start his own crypto coin,

so why would banks not start their own? Because they have all the money in the world to develop their own crypto coins.

Search for “walled gardens” in XRP Chat. Lots of great discussions on your concern.

2 hours ago, retep said:

i do read things about banks comming up with their own crypto coin, so how about that? And any individual can start his own crypto coin,

so why would banks not start their own? Because they have all the money in the world to develop their own crypto coins.

Everyone can create their own Crypto. But will another bank going to accept theirs? And how will it have liquidity?. XRP is rapidly building liquidity.

Answer to your question depends on will XRP be used elsewhere, assuming banks really won't use them.

I think your question is, is XRP worth buying if it's not used by anyone. The answer is probably no, but that's not what we're betting on obviously.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:17 PM, ripplewaytogo said:

Just wondering, what if in the not so distant future XRP are not used by the major banks (not used at all) does XRP still hold any value at all???

Just to claer, wld you be so kind to define:

* What is your definition of a Bank?

* When is major, major?

31 minutes ago, globalwatch2 said:

Jan 2018's $3.84 was market's immaturity & naivety. Now history, stats & facts don't lie. New coins & banks & gov'ts will rise to compete too. Beware! The truth is: 100 bil xrp 'printed', at present value 0.30 = worth US$30 billions, the founders & directors pocketed billions, still releasg 1 bil coins = $300mil mnthly, creating a glut & low xrp prices. Isn't it too centralised & profiting? How many customers & Gov'ts would condone that?  Pls let's be vigilant,  less greedy, more charitable. It's time to petition Brad G & Chris L to gv back to society with humanitarian deeds & earn Karma & blessings.

All in favor of mandating an IQ Test before allowing account creation? Anything above a -3 passes

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, globalwatch2 said:

It's time to petition Brad G & Chris L

I’ve reported your post because it is one of several identical ones you have spammed into the forum.  I believe you have an agenda and it isn’t to chat.

EDIT:   interesting concurrency with the couple of similar minded existing users who are currently using change.org to petition exactly as you described.  Cloned accounts is becoming a major pain on this forum.

Edited by Tinyaccount

4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I’ve reported your post because it is one of several identical ones you have spammed into the forum.  I believe you have an agenda and it isn’t to chat.

EDIT:   interesting concurrency with the couple of similar minded existing users who are currently using change.org to petition exactly as you described.  Cloned accounts is becoming a major pain on this forum.

Well done. I am so sick of these idiots.

Posted (edited)

"Something should happen by now but in reality XRP aren’t doing much commercially."  I'd say just the opposite. Ripple has not only gotten the attention of the world of finance with their focus, they've also opened literally hundreds of financial institution doors with what everyone is proclaiming to be a much more elegant suite of software solutions for money transfer. The impatience expressed on these boards illustrates how blind people are to the necessary work that goes into building something of rock-solid value. Most people just can't imagine the nightmarish complexity of building out a secure and reliable money transfer network that's interoperable the world over - just navigating all the different regulations is a task that's beyond the scope of my imagination, and yet, Ripple is all over it.  XRP's time will come, but it won't be on our schedules, it will roll out methodically in a controlled fashion so as to ensure it's future success. Nothing even comes close, therefore I believe that xrp adoption, barring any unforeseen regulatory shackles,  is well beyond a question of "if," it's reached the point of "when."  As always, only time will tell.....  

Edited by WuWei

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WuWei said:

"Something should happen by now but in reality XRP aren’t doing much commercially."  I'd say just the opposite. Ripple has not only gotten the attention of the world of finance with the better solution that they've engineered, they've also opened literally hundreds of financial institution doors with what everyone is proclaiming to be a much more elegant suite of software solutions for money transfer. The impatience expressed on these boards illustrates how blind people are to the necessary work that goes into building something of rock-solid value. Most people just can't imagine the nightmarish complexity of building out a secure and reliable money transfer network that's interoperable the world over - just navigating all the different regulations is a task that's beyond the scope of my imagination, and yet, Ripple is all over it.  XRP's time will come, but it won't be on our schedules, it will roll out methodically in a controlled fashion so as to ensure it's future success. Nothing even comes close, therefore I believe that xrp adoption, barring any unforeseen regulatory shackles,  is well beyond a question of "if," it's reached the point of "when."  As always, only time will tell.....  

I could quit my job and survive the next decade or more on my portfolio.  The thought has crossed by mind, but XRP failing even if it is a 1% chance would make the rest of my life much harder.  Guess I'll keep being a cog :(

Edited by mrhat75

On 8/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, retep said:

Banks can start their own Crypto which they will be experimenting already. But again how will counterparty accept their competitors coin. Who will provide the liquidity? Eventually it will leave all the bank coins fragmented and leave in the same state as now. So XRP can act as a bridge currency and ILP can play a big role. MoneyGram partnership with Ripple to use XRP is really a good move. Ppl will see MoneyGram's success with it in a year or so and everyone will try to jump in. We are so early so anything can happen. But XRP is well positioned among others to be successful. So do your own research and decide.

Posted (edited)

I am having doubts about XRP at the moment. Not much statement from Brad and also price is down 20% again.

The longer XRP not been used the slimmer the chance of success. I might pull out on the next run and invest in something else.

52% down at the moment on my initial investment of $65000 is not much fun to look at......

Edited by ripplewaytogo

8 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

I am having doubts about XRP at the moment. Not much statement from Brad and also price is down 20% again.

The longer XRP not been used the slimmer the chance of success. I might pull out on the next run and invest in something else.

52% down at the moment on my initial investment of $65000 is not much fun to look at......

I am not so different, a little less invested and 45% down, but I do not share your pessimism.  Everyone must make their own decisions.   I think the investment community in which Ripple is trying to grow is perverse, but the product Ripple is taking to market is fantastic.   I think XRP will pull through, even if it has to endure hard times ahead.