meegwell

Moneygram Earnings call this morning...They are pumped for xRapid

4 hours ago, Archbob said:

I think BTC can get to $40k-$50k because of the halving and the some of that money will go into futures and Margin trading. I think BTC may actually be one of the better performing of the top 5 because the institutional demand is basically 95%+ Bitcoin this time around.

The small alts outside the top 10, some of go bonkers, but its going to be hard for the top 5(especially the top 3) to do what they did last time.

As for Ethereum, it depends how many of those ETH projects resurrect back up and if there are any new ICOs.

So what price do you think XRP will be if BTC hits 50K? 32 cents, right?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Trashing other cryptos won't bring either utility or price increase. Next time defend your position with arguments. 

Er the first line of your article stipulates that it shouldn’t be depreciative...I posted facts about btc price..

did you you read your own article?

also btc is slow and can’t scale these are facts.

Also talk about pot kettle and black you are a total xrp troll. 

Your probably trolling me now...

Edited by LiquidGoat

9 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Trashing other cryptos won't bring either utility or price increase. Next time defend your position with arguments. 

Lmao now I have seen it all Alvaro crying about some trashing other crypto’s when his sole existence on xrpchat is to trash xrp. Btc is trash bro, can’t scale and too expensive.

guess what can also be a store of value ....XRP. Then what does btc have? I’ll tell you, a bunch of people tripping over theirselves trying to sell but nobody is buying and they’re stuck with a shitcoin.

11 minutes ago, Finesse said:

guess what can also be a store of value ....XRP. Then what does btc have? I’ll tell you, a bunch of people tripping over theirselves trying to sell but nobody is buying and they’re stuck with a shitcoin.

Cryptocurrencies can't be SoV. That's total BS. Cryptos exists only virtually and haven't got incentive value. Cryptocurrency can be great medium of exchange, but not more than that.

Gold or silver can be SoV.

54 minutes ago, wasniewskikamil said:

Cryptocurrencies can't be SoV. That's total BS. Cryptos exists only virtually and haven't got incentive value. Cryptocurrency can be great medium of exchange, but not more than that.

Anything that long term has either an uptrend or stable value can be a store of value.  Swiss franc was for a long time.  Taxi licenses used to be.  It doesn’t have to be metallic and heavy.

At this point I would agree that no crypto could realistically be referred to as a store of value.  BTC fans are fooling themselves if they ever refer to it that way.

However, IF our dream scenario came true and XRP became the Standard for international commerce then it’s massive liquidity and clear usefulness would naturally tend to make it also a store of value.  So it’s not BS to say it could become a SOV,  but I do agree it is not now,  and neither is any other crypto.

27 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Anything that long term has either an uptrend or stable value can be a store of value.  Swiss franc was for a long time.  Taxi licenses used to be.  It doesn’t have to be metallic and heavy.

At this point I would agree that no crypto could realistically be referred to as a store of value.  BTC fans are fooling themselves if they ever refer to it that way.

I don't know if that's make sense, but what I'm trying to say is that cryptocurrency can't be SoV because it's value coming from its usefulness and exchange ability. Basically BTC or XRP will have no value without working network or exchanges allowing users to exchange their crypto to fiat money.

In the other hand gold having its value from it's physical and chemical properties. Gold is non-corrosive and easy to storage. I would say that gold is an ultimate commodity for being SoV and besides being apolitical that's why is being kept by central banks.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wasniewskikamil said:

I hold gold, silver, cryptos (and I hold more precious metals than I do crypto). 

It's really only Bitcoin maxis who push the "store of value" thing because BTC literally has no other use....and BTC isn't even a store of value - it's a bet that people still have confidence in BTC years down the line...as simply being valuable. 

Crypto is a bet on the future, not really a store of value.  The Bitcoin network takes up enormous amounts of resources just to exist on a daily basis.  Gold / silver that's already mined requires no more energy to maintain and it doesn't wear down, AND has 5000 year + history of being seen as money.  About $3 trillion of the $8 trillion of gold in existence is in the form of jewellery.  In other words, gold isn't going ANYWHERE.  The "drop gold" campaign was really foolish and didn't understand how embedded gold is into everyday life around the world.  If anyone thinks gold is just a mouse-click away from being "dropped", they are deluded.  Both gold and silver have proven to be excellent stores of value since the gold standard was dropped.  Central banks have been buying up gold at record levels all through 2018 and 2019, and Basel III has essentially (for the first time) seen governments finally recognise gold as a very low risk asset.  Gold-backed cryptos will be (I am sure) popular in the future. 

XRP brings real world utility, but we are still betting that the banking system will adopt it  (through the realisation that XRP brings much faster and cheaper movement of fiat currencies), thus giving XRP a higher value (as market makers will want to hold it, investors will deem XRP as a 'safe' hold as it's embedded into the financial industry etc).  I definitely do not feel like I am storing my value in my XRP stack - I consider it to have ZERO value since it COULD go to zero.  Gold and silver will never go to zero.  They might lose 10% to 30% of value from your average buy in price, sure...but they won't go even close to zero, especially in this modern era where fiat currencies are continually being debased through low interest rates and printing. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

:D  $50K BTC with XRP at 32 cents would mean 1 XRP = 64 satoshis.

Hopefully at that time, BTC will be written down in drops😜😅

7 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I definitely do not feel like I am storing my value in my XRP stack - I consider it to have ZERO value since it COULD go to zero.  Gold and silver will never go to zero. 

Absolutely agree.  I was just making the point that apart from those abiding (and metallic) stores of value,  there are intangibles that can be a SOV.  XRP is NOT one of them...  it won’t be for some time even in the rosiest of scenarios.  But I believe the other posters statement that they can never be,  is not correct.

I’m not sure what a current non-metallic SOV would be though.   Art?  Wine?  Property?  Collectibles?

In days gone by super rich people kept numbered Swiss accounts...  as their backup SOV.  Those accounts were as intangible as  crypto and yet were excellent SOVs at that time.  At some point in the future, if things go really well for XRP, it could achieve the same long term reliability as those numbered accounts did for many years.

Absolutely though...  physical metal SOV is the only one that has stood for centuries.  Whether that will hold true in the far future with asteroid mining remains to be seen though.