meegwell

Moneygram Earnings call this morning...They are pumped for xRapid

Just did comparison of sending $100 Aud to india bia Moneygram vs western union. 

Found moneygram much cheaper showing cost of $1 to send $100, good on u moneygram, and even their exchange price was much better, 

western union showed $0 fee to send money but their exchange rate was much lower resulting in less money being received comparatively so it shows the potential for moneygram

AE8C7D9E-E346-466D-B94B-DAC29D05C12A.jpeg

A6BDF21B-A29A-4702-BC1D-B9B8E5761666.jpeg

For investment prospects for the next few years, its going to be what are institutions and retail investors interested in and to me, its clear that for the foreseeable future, its Bitcoin and not much else.

Fidelity opened up an OTC trading desk only for BTC. Greyscale's Crypto holding are vast majority Bitcoin, BAKKT is opening up a future trading desk for -- you guessed it, Bitcoin. Ethereum is a distant second. Its clear that for the next year or two, out of the major crypto, Bitcoin will have the most investment from the big guys.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Archbob said:

For investment prospects for the next few years, its going to be what are institutions and retail investors interested in and to me, its clear that for the foreseeable future, its Bitcoin and not much else.

Fidelity opened up an OTC trading desk only for BTC. Greyscale's Crypto holding are vast majority Bitcoin, BAKKT is opening up a future trading desk for -- you guessed it, Bitcoin. Ethereum is a distant second. Its clear that for the next year or two, out of the major crypto, Bitcoin will have the most investment from the big guys.

That's a really narrow look at the future.  Let's say BTC goes on a run and gets 80% dominance of the market and the cryptospace has a market cap of $500Bn, $400Bn belonging to BTC.  You think BTC holders are blind to the most obvious opportunity in the world to them? You think rather than pivot to alts, they'll just dumbly hold onto BTC and hope its dominance will go to 90%, 95% etc? Even if it did, it would give them another 25%, 30% ... whatever....while ignoring an obvious 2x (and more) by pivoting to alts with the same amount of money? History shows that smart money is smart - it pivots from one asset to another - it buys low, it sells high.  History shows BTC has a bull run then it's drained by an alt bull run.  That's not magic - it's just common sense.   Money going into BTC is money going into the cryptospace as a whole.  You can disagree with history if you like - you could be right and the future is nothing like what's happened in the past, but I doubt it.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Posted (edited)

The market is different this time, they can simply leverage futures rather than invest in other alts. That is an option that wasn't there last time. I'm sure other alts will rise, I do not think it'll quite be the same as last time and there are many more options to choose from this time so each coin may get less money out of the whole.

I'm sure alts will gain and I'm sure there will be some coins that go 100x, but I doubt any of the top 5 coins will 100x. The 100x coins are going to be smaller coins that don't take as much to pump. And History, it happened 1 time in late 2017 or maybe 2(if can even count 2013), not really that much data to draw from.

Edited by Archbob

People say the market is smart. I think the market is emotional. XRP has a use case. That is huge. A large company has moved into the space. The majority of the U.S. stock market was in the red so moneygram moving up in price bucks the trend. The same happened with another company Ripple signed on with. I think that the majority of money sharks are going to take from people will come from bitcoin. It will be hyped as it always has. Eventually a choice will be made by which asset has a fundamental value due to usage. For right now xrp is in the lead. This is great news. Traders are going to hedge their bets. Bitcoin/Ethereum/XRP. XRP's price is to low from a psychological point of view. If someone sees .30 cents they don't see it as having value. A lot folks see bitcoin at 10,000 dollars and there is an assumption that it has value. The entire idea of what is the value of a network is to hypothetical for a lot to grasp. XRP may not be like investing in google or amazon, but it may be like investing in VISA or MasterCard which historically would be one of the best long term investments a person could have made thirty years ago. If IOV takes off and xrp become center stage then it will be google or amazon. Payments are money and money is derived from value. The value of xrp is derived from its ability to transfer the value of one nation's currency to another nations currency with speed and efficiency. The fact that a company is excited that is large is astounding. Yes Moneygram may be throwing a hail marry with xrp and forced into its usage by stock acquisition, but that is buisness, and to be honest that is a hell of a lot more bullish than someone Fudding xrp for bitcoin. Good luck to all. 

1 hour ago, RDS said:

Just did comparison of sending $100 Aud to india bia Moneygram vs western union. 

for more data points don't hesitate to send this way ;)

32 minutes ago, fiik said:

for more data points don't hesitate to send this way ;)

Did the same comparison for $5k payment and there was rough difference of about $8 aud. And western union was more expensive by above amount, which shows that as the amount increases moneygram looks more and more attractive vs other players.

3 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

How is this a use case suitable for btc?, this is like uh oh our network sucks so we because it’s practically impossible to scale we will just use it as a store of value.

first line of that page mentions an asset that doesn’t depreciate. So 20k to 3k in a year makes a super store of value if you use btc to underlay a currency or somthing else.

Listen to the part from 3:45 - 7:30 min. This is about ripple. The first part may have been heard by some of you. Starting at 7:15 min, the next month will begin a partnership with VISA. The combination of their innovation coupled with VISA in cross-border payments has huge potential, they say.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Archbob said:

The market is different this time, they can simply leverage futures rather than invest in other alts. That is an option that wasn't there last time. I'm sure other alts will rise, I do not think it'll quite be the same as last time and there are many more options to choose from this time so each coin may get less money out of the whole.

I'm sure alts will gain and I'm sure there will be some coins that go 100x, but I doubt any of the top 5 coins will 100x. The 100x coins are going to be smaller coins that don't take as much to pump. And History, it happened 1 time in late 2017 or maybe 2(if can even count 2013), not really that much data to draw from.

Who said the top 5 coins are going to 100x? Not me.  And I very very much doubt Bitcoin is going to do much more than x2 in the next 12 months....and even if it does, that amount of money going into crypto will find its way to XRP and I would venture that if Bitcoin does x2 from today (reaching its old ATH), XRP will at least x3 from its current price when that money sells off from BTC and pivots to XRP.  In other words, I agree with you.  As you move to the lower cap coins, less of that BTC money is needed to move the price.  So I wonder why you're bullish on Bitcoin, then you say "the top 5 won't 100x" (hey, neither will BTC but you don't mention that). How many X do you think Bitcoin will do?

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Posted (edited)

I think BTC can get to $40k-$50k because of the halving and the some of that money will go into futures and Margin trading. I think BTC may actually be one of the better performing of the top 5 because the institutional demand is basically 95%+ Bitcoin this time around.

The small alts outside the top 10, some of go bonkers, but its going to be hard for the top 5(especially the top 3) to do what they did last time.

As for Ethereum, it depends how many of those ETH projects resurrect back up and if there are any new ICOs.

Edited by Archbob

yerr-nahh, new btc buyers will migrate to xrp the same we have... after buying btc, new btc buyers will have the same "wtf moment" we did realising it is air, meanwhile they will have noticed xrp, see it has a genuine use case and swing over to it. What remains to be seen is if that swing, utility and liquidity can be faster than the cash outs. Atm, no

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LiquidGoat said:

How is this a use case suitable for btc?, this is like uh oh our network sucks so we because it’s practically impossible to scale we will just use it as a store of value.

first line of that page mentions an asset that doesn’t depreciate. So 20k to 3k in a year makes a super store of value if you use btc to underlay a currency or somthing else.

Trashing other cryptos won't bring either utility or price increase. Next time defend your position with arguments. 

Edited by AlvaroXRP