meegwell

Moneygram Earnings call this morning...They are pumped for xRapid

16 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

I don't see how speculation will drive price up if utility doesn't either when xrp is used as a medium of exchange. Only way I can see price going up is if people see XRP as a store of value

Unfortunately our TPS 1500/sec is too fast so we can't keep the value long enough like some serious 7tps projects like BTC /sarcasm off

32 minutes ago, quetzalcoatl said:

I found it... 

Just read all of that, super interesting if not a bit hard to follow. Smart fella that Bob, thanks for finding and posting again.

2 hours ago, quetzalcoatl said:

Xrapid via Market Makers WILL put upside pressure on price.

From Hordor's blog today

"One analyst, CryptoEri (Twitter and YouTube) noted that the fee structure of the new platform was extremely competitive, with the transaction fees for both maker and taker listed as -0-. She even termed this 'free' schedule as 'brutally competitive' in nature, given how other exchanges usually make their profits based off of those exchange fees."

Market makers and market takers by nature take pennies into consideration because they are buying and selling at a rapid pace. Moneygram is one example of a market maker/taker because they will be buying and selling during a transaction. 

But yes, market makers will put a net upward pressure on the price of XRP because a market maker will hold both fiat and XRP while balancing their holdings 50% fiat/ 50% XRP. 

1 minute ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

From Hordor's blog today

"One analyst, CryptoEri (Twitter and YouTube) noted that the fee structure of the new platform was extremely competitive, with the transaction fees for both maker and taker listed as -0-. She even termed this 'free' schedule as 'brutally competitive' in nature, given how other exchanges usually make their profits based off of those exchange fees."

Market makers and market takers by nature take pennies into consideration because they are buying and selling at a rapid pace. Moneygram is one example of a market maker/taker because they will be buying and selling during a transaction. 

But yes, market makers will put a net upward pressure on the price of XRP because a market maker will hold both fiat and XRP while balancing their holdings 50% fiat/ 50% XRP. 

Perfectly said.  Attracting Market Makers is very important, some Forex brokers are said to do 3 Trillion dollars a day on the top trading desks. We as retail speculators will probably never be able to match the liquidity needed for these mammoth payments (that is assuming those payments ever make it to XRP)

7 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Very informative thread. How might this relate to Moneygram? 

Moneygram has over 100,000 "agents," or Market Makers all around the Globe.  Bob Way wrote in depth about the role of MM's and how crucial it will be for the utility of XRP.  Giving these market makers access to on-demand liquidity will be game changing. 

I still feel we are far away from having the liquidity in different countries that will be needed to process large amounts of payments, yet these developments are actual confirmation that our beloved coin will be making an impact on the world soon.  Gone are the days of hope and "What If?"

4 hours ago, KarlHungus said:

I can’t see speculator action being very positive though.  Speculation didn’t drive the price up much when MG was announced.  Now that it’s live and there’s no spike from utility, speculators won’t expect gains from utility, and won’t buy in. Even if Moneygram loves xrp and competitors start jumping on too, no probe action from utility will equal no price action from speculators.  If anything, the opposite will happen - people will see utility not driving price and jump ship.

If more company’s will follow moneygram it will drive the price up. Moving 1 million dollar trough Xrapid needs 3 million XRP at current price. At some point, if alot of banks and FI’s are starting to use Xrapid (ofc you first need liquidity for those kind of transfers on a regular bases) there simply wont be enough XRP. So guess what, it HAS to go up in price against fiat so they need less to move more. It is all about liquidity and expanding the network slowly. Volume and liquidity will drive the price up a 100%, at some point it has to.

1 hour ago, Spartaksus said:

Unfortunately our TPS 1500/sec is too fast so we can't keep the value long enough like some serious 7tps projects like BTC /sarcasm off

Tps has nothing to do with Medium of exchange vs. Store of value use cases comparison. Not sure why people always bring up BTC as reasoning for XRP-related matters.

Dollar is a great medium of change but very bad store of value (purchase power has decreased 95% in the last century).

Your comment doesn't add value to the conversation. 

Btw, sarcasm has been off all the time in this post. Not looking for laughs here. 

10 minutes ago, Finesse said:

This is not a use case. BTC has no use case.

I agree but it’s got a certain appeal that allures the new retail investors to start their investment into crypto and until that changes it will still lead the market

Hell, I’ve even bought some to make some profit while my ALTs are treading water 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

I agree but it’s got a certain appeal that allures the new retail investors to start their investment into crypto and until that changes it will still lead the market

Sheep following sheep. Eventually the world will realize that the emperor has no clothes, and I think I'm looking more forward to that day than XRP mooning

Edited by mrhat75

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, quetzalcoatl said:

Correct me if i am wrong here please.  If i understood Mr. Bob Way from his gracious time educating us on his patent,  Xrapid via Market Makers WILL put upside pressure on price.  He discussed this quite thoroughly in Bobs Book Club, yet i have not been able to track down his original postings.  I don't think Galgitron is correct with this statement. 

i thought that i saw joel katz say something about a mixture of metcalfe's law and jevons paradox would give rise to price with sufficient corridors and volume.  sometimes called the "network effect". I need to read more of bobs book club but  while i respect galgitron i agree i don't believe he is correct on that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jevons_paradox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe's_law

Edited by damascus1986