Good quality writing Hodor, but after all your previousย posts "we" expect nothing lessย ;-) Keep on doing so!!!

Can you do many at this forum a favour andย give your personal view on the following:

All the good news in the world doesn't make XRP shine at all. It still looks like the coin is notย taken seriously at all (except byย most people on this forum and maybe by the 200+ corporations Ripple has a deal with). ย Every one can see the enormous effort Ripple puts in the business butย It is just not "hot". What is holding it back an why are a lot of coins with much less utility doing better?

Please shine your light on this....thanks in advance!

48 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Blog URL:ย  https://coil.com/p/Hodor/XRP-News-Digital-Asset-s-Inflection-Point/r6VFanS8k

XRP is firmly in the spotlight: Learn about the latest high-profile news impacting XRP in today's blog!

๐‘๐ข๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ: Brad Garlinghouse and Chris Larsen publish a Letter to Congress; Monica Long talks to Bloomberg; Ryan Zagone is appointed to the New York State Digital Currency Taskforce; SBI VC Pro goes live; UBRI gives to Kyoto University & the University of Tokyo

๐‚๐จ๐ข๐ฅ ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ:ย  Coil publishes plans for a 'Coil instance' of Discourse, a forum management tool.

๐—๐‘๐ ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ: XRP Productions publishes a new video 'Classic Schwartz, Episode I'; Leonidas Hadjiloizou publishes the results of his demographic survey; An XRP Meetup happens in South Africa; Exonium goes live with an XRP-USDT listing; and Allbit, a decentralized exchange, adds an XRP pairing. ย 

I hope you enjoy the read: Please feel free to share my blog with a friend or share it on any other platform - and thanks for doing so! ย :JC_coffee2:

My blog announcement links on other platforms:

Thank you for all this information, I will continue to follow closely !

Thanks @Hodor,

Your post this morning is like opening a couple of windows and letting in some fresh air after a summer rain. The stench level in here this week was getting pretty ripe. Hopefully some of those who spew can focus long enough to read it.

"๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜บ."

But thank youย Facebook for raising awareness and waking up some people in charge of creating regulation. Somebody needed to light a fire.

Posted (edited)

Very informative article as usual Hodor, thank you very much. Ripple's ad in the Wall St Journal amazes me, both content and design-wise. They have such great eye for detail. Good to see most XRP owners are long-term investors.

(I was unable to watch the Bloomberg video (1st video) in Chrome/OSX)

Edited by Danny

4 hours ago, elppir said:

Please shine your light on this....thanks in advance!

Thanks for the kind feedback, and thank you for reading.

In regards to XRP's current price behavior, I've talked about this in a few blogs recently; I believe the cryptomarket continues to act irrationally for a number of reasons, some of which pertain to crypto's history.ย 

I honestly think you're wrong about the perception of XRP, and my view has been confirmed by customer surveys taken by eToro and others; most of the customers of the high-frequency platforms are XRP traders.ย  I think there is a smaller number of BTC traders with more money essentially. (yes, you can use the term 'whales' I guess) But this situation will change, IMO.ย 

2 hours ago, Hodor said:

In regards to XRP's current price behavior, I've talked about this in a few blogs recently; I believe the cryptomarket continues to act irrationally for a number of reasons, some of which pertain to crypto's history.ย 

I honestly think you're wrong about the perception of XRP, and my view has been confirmed by customer surveys taken by eToro and others; most of the customers of the high-frequency platforms are XRP traders.ย  I think there is a smaller number of BTC traders with more money essentially. (yes, you can use the term 'whales' I guess) But this situation will change, IMO.ย 

Exactly! I think that the unsatisfied bunch should just admit to themselves that all of their anxiety and doubt is purely driven by the current (short-term) price action. The situation will not only change in 3-5 years from now but the XRP will be absolutely on the top of the crypto-chain! We'll look back at 2018&2019 and see "zerp price complaints" as a bunch of memes passing by in 2025!

2 hours ago, fiik said:

volume/utility out-drumming their war chests ๏ปฟ

Utility will win.ย 

A good analogy would be a market in which oil, plastic garbage, and random rocks are all traded.ย  If you have a group of ten people, and the richest one decides they will only trade plastic garbage back and forth, eventually... the market where the item containing utility value (oil) will be deemed of greater value.ย  It will take time, though, since the richest person in the group has decided to continue acting irrationally. ย 

Yes, there is a very active market in Bitcoin.ย  But this situation cannot last ... the trading will eventually transition to those digital assets with real utility, IMO.ย 

^ there will always be a market for btc, albeit at a highly reduced price point or it may kick us all in the arse and hang around like a high altitude fart in the ISS

17 hours ago, Hodor said:

I hope so....let's hope the Moneygram Xrapid usage gives us a big boost!

Posted (edited)

Wow, what a great list of news events.ย  It is not just the number of events, it is the scale and ambition of the projects that are being launched and primed.ย  The news just gets bigger and bigger.ย  We know what we see is just part of the picture and much more is going on behind the scenes.

Crypto Eri ended her latest video with a Japanese proverb that "a Frog in a Well cannot imagine the Ocean".ย  What a good metaphor for what is taking place in full sight of anyone who is willing to keep up with the XRP news through your excellent services to the community.ย ย  I wonder if we will see a 100 or 500 or 1000 over the next ten years?ย  Somehow I am one frog that can imagine the Mediterranean even if I cannot comprehend the scale of what might be being discussed in Ripples boardroom .

Edited by Julian_Williams