Ripple Extends University Investment Program to Japan - $50M

XRPage

You're not thinking long-term!  This money serves many purposes.  Ripple and XRP gain direct exposure to senior faculty at the most prestigious technical and engineering universities around the globe and therefore are cast in a great light in front of the next generation of brilliant engineers.  Also, many of these Universities participate as validators in the XRP ecosystem allowing XRP to continue further decentralization.  The fruits of these investments will be plentiful in several years.  

Keep in mind :

Ripple committed $50 million toward the project to develop blockchain, cryptocurrency, and digital network programs

They can literally be working on bitcoin system or monero or whatever else, this is not at all exclusive to XRP.  Its general...

Just dont imagine now all the university researchers/students will use XRPL

Edited by Tyvole

10 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Keep in mind :

They can literally be working on bitcoin system or monero or whatever else, this is not at all exclusive to XRP.  Its general...

I assume you're a student there then with this first hand knowledge you're imparting on us?

2 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

I guess you never conducted research in an academic environment. If you are receiving grant money from a specific donor that has a particular interest, you will ONLY conduct research in that specific area. 

Ripple has laid out specifics areas or points of interest that they want researched (because that's how research works), and it will be up to the professors of the labs of how they want to interact with these points of interest. 

Receiving grant money isn't, "Well we will give you free money, you do whatever you want with it, whenever you want to use it." There are already specifics projects or points of interest that have deadlines.  

With that being said, going from an academic environment to production environment may take years or even decades (more for pharmaceuticals). Ripple is looking at this scenario in the LONG term to build an ecosystem, not let's take profits today, and screw everyone else tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

I guess you never conducted research in an academic environment. If you are receiving grant money from a specific donor that has a particular interest, you will ONLY conduct research in that specific area. 

Ripple has laid out specifics areas or points of interest that they want researched (because that's how research works), and it will be up to the professors of the labs of how they want to interact with these points of interest. 

Receiving grant money isn't, "Well we will give you free money, you do whatever you want with it, whenever you want to use it." There are already specifics projects or points of interest that have deadlines.  

With that being said, going from an academic environment to production environment may take years or even decades (more for pharmaceuticals). Ripple is looking at this scenario in the LONG term to build an ecosystem, not let's take profits today, and screw everyone else tomorrow. 

Im not sure if you have some kind of brain damage, Or not, read again what i wrote.

Did i said that money will be used to find better  alternative to combustion engine or analyze seismic data ?

I gave two examples ffs reread them again.

14 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Keep in mind :

So who gets first mover advantage and insight into all the discoveries and advances that will come out of these universities association with Ripple's UBRI? And who gets the opportunity to scoop up these brilliant minds and their ingenuity first, just as they're graduating from these universities or finishing up with their post graduate studies?  I've seen example after example of ideas and research, that began in a university, and which was later followed up by a pioneering and successful business. This is pure genius and anyone who says otherwise is blind to the reality of the powerful economic engine that these university discoveries and innovations have become in today's increasingly technologic world. Take a look at just one of these, MIT for example, and you'll quickly realize how clueless most people are to the advances that are taking place in our universities. My homepage is set to news.mit.edu. I'd suggest you check out a couple of the articles; "Easier polyp removal," and "Microfluidics device helps diagnose sepsis in minutes," to get some insight into the value that Ripple is actually tapping into.

1 minute ago, WuWei said:

So who gets first mover advantage and insight into all the discoveries and advances that will come out of these universities association with Ripple's UBRI? And who gets the opportunity to scoop up these brilliant minds and their ingenuity first, just as they're graduating from these universities or finishing up with their post graduate studies?  I've seen example after example of ideas and research, that began in a university, and which was later followed up by a pioneering and successful business. This is pure genius and anyone who says otherwise is blind to the reality of the powerful economic engine that these university discoveries and innovations have become in today's increasingly technologic world. Take a look at just one of these, MIT for example, and you'll quickly realize how clueless most people are to the advances that are taking place in our universities. My homepage is set to news.mit.edu. I'd suggest you check out a couple of the articles; "Easier polyp removal," and "Microfluidics device helps diagnose sepsis in minutes," to get some insight into the value that Ripple is actually tapping into.

Yes I know, that is the main benefit of that investment. Defensive mode off? lol

Just now, Tyvole said:

Yes I know, that is the main benefit of that investment. Defensive mode off? lol

Defensive? Not at all actually. I just can't get over how blind people are to the opportunities that these discoveries present. I research this stuff all the time, both for my own awareness, and for investment purposes. I've even gone so far as to open brokerage accounts for both of my kids, into which I put stocks of exactly these types of start up companies.  LUNA is an example, where in only about five years, they have enjoyed nearly a 500% appreciation in value. I'm always just dumbfounded how clueless and/or disinterested most people are to the discoveries that are happening in our universities. 

4 hours ago, Tyvole said:

Im not sure if you have some kind of brain damage, Or not, read again what i wrote.

Did i said that money will be used to find better  alternative to combustion engine or analyze seismic data ?

I gave two examples ffs reread them again.

"Did I said" Enough Said!!!

Nothing new guys. It has to happen and it might as well go towards things that will expand the ecosystem. Yes it sucks and it prevents any new gains from XRP ATM, but in the long hall it will be worth it IMO. We won’t see XRPs true potential until the majority or all of the coins are in circulation. Unfortunately we still have a ways to go, but all it takes is a couple of good projects that come to life a we will see some outrageous gains. We are early in this game. XRP is a long term investment. If you are going for short term gains, there are plenty of opportunities right now to get in at a great price. We have to wait and see!!!!

Edited by Gangus

Is it a coincidence that its a Japanese university they gave $50m too almost on the same day the SBI VC went live..... I think not, pure strategy from Ripple that we probably wont even see the benefit off for years