Nihilist

Cryptocurrency initiative plans $500 million investment in Justin Bieber’s manager, Blockchain Capital, others

First, I hope this news is not fake...

Second, while to some people this may sound confusing (why Ripple is not giving that money to developers??), I love it because now it's all about networking and linking in. Having smart connectors and doers on our side is exactly what Ripple and XRP needs.

Ripple - Great job !!!

24 minutes ago, Duke67 said:

First, I hope this news is not fake...

Second, while to some people this may sound confusing (why Ripple is not giving that money to developers??), I love it because now it's all about networking and linking in. Having smart connectors and doers on our side is exactly what Ripple and XRP needs.

Ripple - Great job !!!

It's not fake, it was tweeted by Scooter Braun

Seems legit, The business/project is called “Raised in Space.” Does anyone know any info on what exactly they are doing? The only thing I can really find is that they are focusing on ways to raise the value of music. Sounds interesting, but I have no clue on how they plan on doing this. Anybody else know any other details? 

5 hours ago, Gangus said:

Seems legit, The business/project is called “Raised in Space.” Does anyone know any info on what exactly they are doing? The only thing I can really find is that they are focusing on ways to raise the value of music. Sounds interesting, but I have no clue on how they plan on doing this. Anybody else know any other details? 

Based on comments made by Scooter Braun, it sounds (to me) like they are developing a streaming platform that will stream payments to artists as you stream their music. Cutting out all the middle people that take a piece of the action traditionally. But I am inferring this from various interviews.

2 hours ago, bloodhound said:

Based on comments made by Scooter Braun, it sounds (to me) like they are developing a streaming platform that will stream payments to artists as you stream their music. Cutting out all the middle people that take a piece of the action traditionally. But I am inferring this from various interviews.

That makes sense. I’m sure music artists would appreciate it. The internet has taken a great deal of their profits from record sales. Torrent sites are pretty hard to beat though. I wish them luck and hope they succeed!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, kanaas said:

Title of OP is misleading as 500M goes to 20 different companies.
Braun's "Raised in Space" being just one of those 20 to receive only a part of that 500M

Yes, but that's the title of the article

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nihilist said:

Yes, but that's the title of the article

No, the title of the article is misleading but accurate ; the title of the OP is straight out wrong with the omission of ", Blockchain Capital, others"

I corrected that on twitter a few days ago but nobody actually reads the article for themselves or cares if it's accurate or not LOL.

Edited by wrongbenson

On 8/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, wrongbenson said:

No, the title of the article is misleading but accurate ; the title of the OP is straight out wrong with the omission of ", Blockchain Capital, others"

I see it now, but cannot change the title of the post without admin assistance.