Thomas666

SBI VCTrade is live !

33 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

3 if you count "31th" :)

I'm not saying OP in this thread is a troll. But mis-titling is a common tactic and I've seen it on other FUD posts.

Yeah I don’t think the OP had any bad intentions.  I believe you are talking more generally and this thread merely demonstrates the principle that real trolls do actually use here.  

7 hours ago, Archbob said:

I went to page 74, where did you get this? Are you talking about the english document or the japanese document?

from the pdf up a post or two from my op... is possible my pdf reader page counter is a bit out... at any rate i note the content has been covered now

2 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

I wish we could force fixes to titles that contain misinformation.

The trolls work by sharing real news with  misleading or biased titles, then starting  arguments in the thread to keep the negative title active on the site for as long as possible. This is a real propaganda tactic on social forums.

So, honest question: why?

Why do people (not the OP of this thread), why do people do as you point out? I don’t see the motivation. I know it’s not a single answer and by my question of “why” it can be inferred that I’m looking for “thee answer” but I honestly don’t understand what motivates people to spend time doing that.

As an example, I’ve invested in two DAs. There’s hundreds to choose from. I’m not interested in searching for chats of those I’m not invested in and doing something similar. There’s no motivation to do so. And if I was suddenly upset with my investment here I can honestly say I wouldn’t be hanging around doing something like you point out above. I’d just not be here.

I see as you state occurring regularly here and when I engage with some people thinking I’m helping...well let’s just say I could likely have better conversations with a tree stump. So why do people do it? What’s in it for them?

4 hours ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

So, honest question: why?

Why do people (not the OP of this thread), why do people do as you point out? I don’t see the motivation. I know it’s not a single answer and by my question of “why” it can be inferred that I’m looking for “thee answer” but I honestly don’t understand what motivates people to spend time doing that.

As an example, I’ve invested in two DAs. There’s hundreds to choose from. I’m not interested in searching for chats of those I’m not invested in and doing something similar. There’s no motivation to do so. And if I was suddenly upset with my investment here I can honestly say I wouldn’t be hanging around doing something like you point out above. I’d just not be here.

I see as you state occurring regularly here and when I engage with some people thinking I’m helping...well let’s just say I could likely have better conversations with a tree stump. So why do people do it? What’s in it for them?

A paycheck. It’s their job.

While I’m not sure they exist on XRPChat, they certainly exist elsewhere and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least given the specific behaviors being used recently — mainly sealioning, misinformation, and title spinning. Jan 1st seemed to be the major inflection point for the blowhard accounts.

There’s a big market for active accounts across the web that can be used to slyly market products, political parties, and  disseminate propaganda. This is where fake news originates. It’s probably the origin of Q-Anon and the flat earth stuff, but we may not know for sure for another 20 years.

Much of it is Russian and political, but it doesn’t stop there. If you go on film or TV subreddits, they are inundated with social marketing. Disney does a ton of this kind of work.

As far as the crypto space, there are a number of parties who benefit from interrupting the Ripple/XRP community and changing the narrative. There’s a lot of money in crypto, plus it’s barely regulated.

Or... it’s all just a giant coincidence. That’s what makes this kind of marketing so powerful. There’s no way to prove it exists, or that an account is paid.

Posted (edited)

Regarding the confusion around whether or not they are accepting new accounts, this is what the English slides say on page 72 (my highlighting, underlining):

sbi_20190730_pg72_h.thumb.png.acddd7d1da069abb8a590578ac90f918.png

"(...) the full-scale acquisition of accounts and service promotion will start in earnest from this autumn, (...)"

Since that is under "Regarding promotions", my interpretation is that it refers to customer acquisition campaigns (marketing, rewards, etc), and not if one is allowed to register or not.

The signup page (and VC Trade Pro's section) seems to be working, but I guess only people living in Japan can confirm they are able to open an account and trade in the new platform.

Also remember that it's very unlikely this will move the price on its own in a sustainable way in the short-term. What SBI is trying to do is to create an interconnected ecosystem with a focus in Japan (and then expand from there) and that takes time and is not bound by the speculative interest of people outside Japan longing a digital asset, who are mostly not going to interact with that ecosystem directly.

Edited by Socrates
Clarification