Sign of Desperation or Brad is the King?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The troll invasion continues. If you feel so strongly about it then maybe you should join Ryan Coffey's class action lawsuit against Ripple.

Translation: We are confident Congress will support XRP. However we want to raise awareness about utility tokens like XRP whilst also giving Congress a bow and acknowledging that a lot of power l

And there might even be a more powerful message here as well. FB's Libra white paper scared a bunch of people as it appears as if they want to blaze their own trail and not work with the financial ind

Posted Images

4 hours ago, tony71 said:

AA079230-F769-4A8D-9683-3F399A4A8010.jpeg

Translation:

We are confident Congress will support XRP. However we want to raise awareness about utility tokens like XRP whilst also giving Congress a bow and acknowledging that a lot of power lies with them. Once we get regulatory approval everyone comes out a winner. Us, due to XRP mooning and it looking like what we wrote had an effect. And Congress as it gives them the appearance of giving the nod to a huge technological development. 

Thanks so much for approving our clean American coin. Say whatever you want about dirty Chinese miner controlled coins.

PS and not for public knowledge: we look forward to seeing you at the XRP after party. 

Facebook announces Libra on the heals of all the facebook privacy concerns and congressional hearings.  Then we have political leaders tweeting about crypto with scepticism.  Ripple takes out an ad to remind congress that they are not Facebook and XRP is not libra.

I don't see this as desperate - just part of an on-going awareness campaign.

8 minutes ago, PG1 said:

Ripple takes out an ad to remind congress that they are not Facebook and XRP is not libra.

I don't see this as desperate - just part of an on-going awareness campaign

To remind the congress of the WSJ readers in general that they're not libra?

4 hours ago, djdhrubs said:

Translation:

We are confident Congress will support XRP. However we want to raise awareness about utility tokens like XRP whilst also giving Congress a bow and acknowledging that a lot of power lies with them. Once we get regulatory approval everyone comes out a winner. Us, due to XRP mooning and it looking like what we wrote had an effect. And Congress as it gives them the appearance of giving the nod to a huge technological development. 

Thanks so much for approving our clean American coin. Say whatever you want about dirty Chinese miner controlled coins.

PS and not for public knowledge: we look forward to seeing you at the XRP after party. 

^ This. Basically.

1 hour ago, PG1 said:

Facebook announces Libra on the heals of all the facebook privacy concerns and congressional hearings.  Then we have political leaders tweeting about crypto with scepticism.  Ripple takes out an ad to remind congress that they are not Facebook and XRP is not libra.

I don't see this as desperate - just part of an on-going awareness campaign.

Yep. And they kept it simple for their audience.

It’s a message of encouragement to take positive action just like previous leaders did for spurring creation and growth of the Internet. They did it right once, so do it again and reap the benefits. Create your own legacy of doing something great...even if their only true motivation is to generate revenue by taxation.

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

So they want to change the way the world transfers funds, and they buy an ad in the newspaper? Very progressive. I am staying up this AM  with my 95 year old grandma to see if they started advertising on the Home Shopping Network Channel. 

I do hope you are joking.   You do realise that the ad is in all forms of the journal?

That many influential people read it religiously?

I like your jest unless it wasn’t meant as one.  

For my sins I have spent time in corporate affairs of a large company. This ad looks like communication 101 for a major player. It is so because it is effective in addressing an important audience cost effectively at critical junctures in time. It’s not a silver bullet but nonetheless an essential tool that strategic players routinely utilise. 

And there might even be a more powerful message here as well. FB's Libra white paper scared a bunch of people as it appears as if they want to blaze their own trail and not work with the financial industry and the regulators. Trump's recent tweets may have raised the alarm further, that whatever regulatory progress Ripple thought was in the works, could easily be derailed, or even just severely delayed by lumping them in with crypto companies whose ultimate purpose is vague at best, and possibly even corrupt. To me, the powerful, not-so-hidden message in this WSJ ad, is that Ripple is poised to go live world-wide and won't stand for further regulatory delay, and that they are even willing to move operations to a country that's got their regulatory issues worked out. I see this more as a message of "look guys, get your **** together or this train is leaving the station without you."

Edited by WuWei

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.