K41105

Ripple CEO writes open letter to Congress over regulatory uncertainty

34 minutes ago, davygravy77 said:

I think it’s possible as the US has a backward stance to crypto’s :)

They do. And are slow as hell to do something about it. With all the current talk about jobs moving overseas, they have a golden opportunity here for great jobs in the US and they sit on their ass. It's being handed to them on a golden plate and they're too busy with "politics". 

"For centuries, governments have been well suited for the job because paramount to the acceptance of any currency is trust ... In our view, digital currencies have the opportunity to complement existing currencies like the U.S. dollar—not replace them."

Ironically, it's monetary policies of governments, not crypto, which are and have been undermining trust in fiat money. 

So RL is no longer attempting to replace the $US as the world’s base currency?? Or worse yet, (for all you America haters) they are hoping XRP will be pegged to the $US. Interesting how their messaging changes when realities set in.

Hopefully Mr G and Mr. S. can wipe their social media posts, otherwise the glaring contradictions in the original designed XRP role and this new “Can’t we all just get along?” stance, will be hard to ignore.

Reminds me of when they tried to claim XRP had nothing to do with RL... then scrambled to change to logo, after the fact.

This open letter tells me that the lawsuit is not going well for RL, and they are now trying to make peace with their one time foe, before the hammer falls.

Posted (edited)

About the timing...Ripple may be well aware that SBI VC is indeed going live in a few days ...

"(...)and others abroad, employ these innovations in partnership (cursive is done by Ripple Insights) with regulated financial institutions to enable the world to move money across borders like it already moves information—efficiently, reliably, inexpensively." https://www.ripple.com/insights/open-letter-to-congress/

...and is well aware of the impact it will have in South East Asia Region....The blink...(Mr. Kitao)

They could have written the open letter much, much earlier...but chose to do it now...Why?...Because of regulation and it's readiness for implementation (drawing attention to it's impact within 2 days?)....America (last) vs South East Asia (1st) vs Middle East (2nd) vs Europe (3rd) vs South America (4th)...

...Ofcos, It could also be a coincidence

Edited by Live4xrp

18 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

So RL is no longer attempting to replace the $US as the world’s base currency?? Or worse yet, (for all you America haters) they are hoping XRP will be pegged to the $US. Interesting how their messaging changes when realities set in.

Hopefully Mr G and Mr. S. can wipe their social media posts, otherwise the glaring contradictions in the original designed XRP role and this new “Can’t we all just get along?” stance, will be hard to ignore.

Reminds me of when they tried to claim XRP had nothing to do with RL... then scrambled to change to logo, after the fact.

This open letter tells me that the lawsuit is not going well for RL, and they are now trying to make peace with their one time foe, before the hammer falls.

So I have always had an issue with people saying ripple is trying to replace USD as the worlds base currency.  Please point to some legit, reputable documentation that supports that.  Ripple has never openly or low key said they want to replace the USD.  The only thing that has been said is they want to help money not just the USD move more efficiently around the world... 

I say a lot more talking will start 2020 and by 2021 regulations will be complete, things are moving fast and they need to keep up. 

2021 Xrapid XRP will be moving as banks have regulation clarity.  

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

are you okay?

Edited by VanHasen
rhetorical...

38 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Work with regulators...work with banks...improve existing rails etc..

doesn't sound there has been much tune changing going on.

maybe I’m just tone deaf?

22 minutes ago, Live4xrp said:

They could have written the open letter much, much earlier...but chose to do it now...Why?...Because of regulation and it's readiness for implementation (drawing attention to it's impact within 2 days?)....America (last) vs South East Asia (1st) vs Middle East (2nd) vs Europe (3rd) vs South America (4th)...

I believe the heart of the matter was conveyed much earlier. Not to congress, but to those who are in power. The open letter IMO is only a cog in a big wheel.