Croatian post starting to test buying 5 cryptos (XRP among them) for cash

Branko

4 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Always good to see some level of government integration with digital assets no matter how small the country or program.

Well our yearly income from tourism is around 10-11 billion EUR (probably lot more, as we're champs at tax evasion), so lets hope big chunk will be paid in crypto next year
I'm not too optimistic, as our post is bad at educating their own people in post offices, though

Edited by Branko

34 minutes ago, Branko said:

Well our yearly income from tourism is around 10-11 billion EUR (probably lot more, as we're champs at tax evasion), so lets hope big chunk will be paid in crypto next year
I'm not too optimistic, as our post is bad at educating their own people in post offices, though

In the US post-office's for years have been trying to differentiate themselves as plain old "shipping" has become so mainstream through other services and many big enterprises use their own networks.  The US also has a notorious issue with poor profitability in our US postal service due to antiquated laws that require absurd contributions to retirement pension programs for USPS employees.

Now I kind of wonder if the US could somehow leverage all the postal locations to implement some digital asset exchange service and try to beat the banks to this kind of service.