$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Obviously 645 reputation points, like you have.

I am not posting for the reputation points like you, who post whatever you think will give you likes. I couldn't care less about those points... How much do you get paid per point? :lol:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As @Zedy44 says, the big take away is the redirection of institutional buyers to market to buy XRP. VERY IMPORTANT. Firstly (and obviously) this means more buy pressure on the price. Secondly (an

Yes they are selling record amounts of XRP, but also simultaneously agreeing that going forward OTC sales will be handled differently.  One big item mentioned was the elimination of OTC sales for inst

Many people look through the lens of "retail investor".  They actually think Chris Larsen, Jed, Schwartz et al are selling with the same mentality as a retail investor.  First thing's first: these peo

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yes and we all know that and it’s a given.  

If you think the lack of a widely accepted definitive valuation model is a total blocker for investing in cryptocurrency then perhaps you are in the wrong space.  Because I’m immature I must mention a superhero I see around occasionally...    Captain Obvious.     :) 

The one and only valuation model I’m aware of that has any sort of rigour and therefore some degree of credibility, is the Athey valuation model paper.  Perhaps you’ve seen it?

Yes, I have seen it. However, a couple of comments:
- price predictions by Ripple's staff is unreliable, because of an obvious conflict of interest and because these existing or former employees are most probably biased
- there is a difference between a valuation (hard truth) and a calculator that spits out what value XRP needs to be to enable a particular use case (wishful thinking).

It is reasonable to project oneself into the future. However, if you look at today's value for XRP (even using Athey's calculator), you should find out that XRP's value is a fraction of a penny. That is the hard truth. The moment you start putting random numbers about "what tomorrow could bring", you are no longer in "value investor" territory. You are in speculator's territory, even more so if you fail to do a risk assessment. Even McKinsey's document clearly stated that risks had to be incorporated in the valuation.

Contrarily to a business, digital assets do not produce anything, and many argue that the inherent value of a crypto is 0. It may be true. The bottom line is that there is no valuation model for digital assets. It is a very hard and unsolved problem. This implies that there cannot possibly be "value investors" in the cryptocurrency space. Only speculators. People who believe they are "crypto value investors" are fools. They are fantasizing, associating themselves with grandiloquent terms that simply do not apply to this asset class today. 

This is my criticism to 2ndtimearound's message which prompted me to start this line of discussion and ask him an impossible question.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

This implies that there cannot possibly be "value investors" in the cryptocurrency space. Only speculators. People who believe they are "crypto value investors" are fools. They are fantasizing, associating themselves with grandiloquent terms that simply do not apply to this asset class. 

We can use terms however we see fit.

If i think XRP is valuable and at .30c a great buy that will go up in value (hence i got it for a great value) 

who gives a flying F*** what you or any other person says. 

Weird gate keeping, who is a value investor or not.

Just now, Finesse said:

We can use terms however we see fit.

If i think XRP is valuable and at .30c a great buy that will go up in value (hence i got it for a great value) 

who gives a flying F*** what you or any other person says. 

Weird gate keeping, who is a value investor or not.

lol. By all means, please be a value investor. I am a coconut. :)

5 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

I am not posting for the reputation points like you, who post whatever you think will give you likes. I couldn't care less about those points... How much do you get paid per point? :lol:

Salty! Lol.  Don’t blame the liked, blame the likers! 

You may not be posting for the likes, but that doesn’t make your posts more valuable than mine.  Beat me on content, or on quips, lol, engage! 

Just now, Finesse said:

No youre a pessimistic, boring, gate keeper.

Nothing new. Cant wait till were all filthy rich and come on here and you guys are gone hiding like the rats you are. 

I'm not a rat, I'm a coconut. You are really not listening, are you?

2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Salty! Lol.  Don’t blame the liked, blame the likers! 

You may not be posting for the likes, but that doesn’t make your posts more valuable than mine.  Beat me on content, or on quips, lol, engage! 

Hmmm, i am suspecting an agenda here. <_<

Your posts are so valuable... Salty? You are the one criticizing everyone else's posts with arrogance. 

3 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

I'm not a rat, I'm a coconut. You are really not listening, are you?

Well you get some points in my book for not getting riled.  A mild mannered coconut then...    :) 

I still think though that a crusade to stop our foolishness is in fact a fools errand.   :JC_doubleup:

Contrarily to a business, digital assets do not produce anything, and many argue that the inherent value of a crypto is 0. It may be true. The bottom line is that there is no valuation model for digital assets. It is a very hard and unsolved problem. This implies that there cannot possibly be "value investors" in the cryptocurrency space. Only speculators. People who believe they are "crypto value investors" are fools. They are fantasizing, associating themselves with grandiloquent terms that simply do not apply to this asset class. 

There are two interesting articles published just a week ago. At first glance they have nothing in common.

The rise of digital money - https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/fintech-notes/Issues/2019/07/12/The-Rise-of-Digital-Money-47097

Value of money - https://www.thebalance.com/value-of-money-3306108

At second glance one might spot some commonalities and start arguing that currencies don’t produce anything either, and that the inherent value of, say, dollar is 0. This is a slippery slope.

Edited by Lamberth
11 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

there is a difference between a valuation (hard truth)

12 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

you should find out that XRP's value is a fraction of a penny. That is the hard truth

13 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

Contrarily to a business, digital assets do not produce anything,

You didn’t grasp anything what I said. There are no hard truths, certainly not the ones you’re stating. Every investment contains a level of speculation.  It’s about uncertainties and probabilities. Is XRP more speculative than Tesla at this moment?  A “ proven” business model against a useless digital asset... 

Anyway: 

37504932-E7EE-45B2-A3C2-B293F220F37C.jpeg.be06a4f4fe766c29c0e3347d79e85630.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You didn’t grasp anything what I said. There are no hard truths, certainly not the ones you’re stating. Every investment contains a level of speculation.  It’s about uncertainties and probabilities. Is XRP more speculative than Tesla at this moment?  A “ proven” business model against a useless digital asset... 

Anyway: 

37504932-E7EE-45B2-A3C2-B293F220F37C.jpeg.be06a4f4fe766c29c0e3347d79e85630.jpeg

That is one of the all time greats.   It’s often at the back of my mind when talking with people here who are so certain of their hard facts.  

I’m grateful for this discussion because from now on I’m sticking with my Quantum XRP Valuation model in future.  I don’t know if I just came up with it,  or read it elsewhere,  or what..  but like my Formula One race track traffic analogy...  it’s going to be one of my boring repeats.  :) 

16 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Hmmm, i am suspecting an agenda here. <_<

Your posts are so valuable... Salty? You are the one criticizing everyone else's posts with arrogance. 

No!

You’re salty because I got more rep points PER POST than you. 

Period ! 

Lol, just kidding and trolling a bit, don’t worry, playing the game.

But on a serious note:  I did notice that 20% of your given reactions is either sad or confused.  Is life really so difficult for you? 

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

No!

You’re salty because I got more rep points PER POST than you. 

Period ! 

Lol, just kidding and trolling a bit, don’t worry, playing the game.

But on a serious note:  I did notice that 20% of your given reactions is either sad or confused.  Is life really so difficult for you? 

Do I have a stalker? Don't you have anything else to do? Sad life... Sorry for you.