ZzZerper

$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

I would be interested why you decided your vocation in life was to be “a downer” hmmm, whatever Debs, everyone has an agenda! 

Simple. Because I got burnt and I am angry (in great part with myself). I am on a crusade to restore balance to the Force.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

Simple. Because I got burnt and I am angry. I am on a crusade to restore balance to the Force.

Wow, you got burnt! It would seem you threw your hat in a little late like  a whole lot of people and now moan and ***** about anything and everything apart from your timing!

BTW, I even bought some at the top, when the hysteria was at its most, shame on me, I’m greedy..... that’s human nature. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Wow, you got burnt! It would seem you threw your hat in a little late like  a whole lot of people and now moan and ***** about anything and everything apart from your timing!

BTW, I even bought some at the top, when the hysteria was at its most, shame on me, I’m greedy..... that’s human nature. 

The timing was not the real issue. The realization that the fundamentals are not anywhere near as good as they seem is my issue.

And yes I am greedy, never pretended otherwise.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

The timing was not the real issue. The realization that the fundamentals are not anywhere as good as they seem is my issue.

And yes I am greedy, never pretended otherwise.

Ok, so you are saying you invested and then realised Ripple were not doing what you expected, maybe things to the detriment of your investment? You come across as a person with a bit of nounce, Im surprised you let greed get ahead of yourself. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Ok, so you are saying you invested and then realised Ripple were not doing what you expected, maybe things to the detriment of your investment? You come across as a person with a bit of nounce, Im surprised you let greed get ahead of yourself. 

Yes. I surprised myself too. That's why I am angry. :)

Edited by Guest

Just now, DebbieDowner said:

Well. I surprised myself too. That's why I am angry. :)

Ok, you beat me with that. Let’s hope we are all happy in the future 👍

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

Yes. I surprised myself too. That's why I am angry. :)

Your anger looks very twisted.   Your "crusade" (your choice of word) seems to be about exonerating yourself of blame by blaming others, particularly Ripple management.  To paraphrase what comes across to me from your comments "I was misled milord, this business is dishonest and crooked and I am a victim....and now I am doing my bit by trolling the forums to make sure others aren't burnt like I was by these wicked, wicked people." 

Ripple is a business with a mission to build an "internet of value" provided with software created by Ripple that uses a settlement bridge token called XRP.  What part of that did you not understand when you invested?

BTW I have been reading your posts because sometimes you make interesting points, but there is an overlay of bitterness that is disturbing.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I am not going to answer that question. You are putting words in my mouth. I never said they were dishonest, crooked, or that I was a victim. I said they were capitalists, operating within the law (albeit dangerously close to the limits), greedy and that I would do exactly what they are doing if I were them.

And I take full responsibility for my choices, at no point did I ever exonerate myself or blame others.

And yes, for every outrageously bullish message on a public section of this forum, I will compensate with an an equally bearish message. That's what I have set myself to do here.

Ps: i will try to be a bit less abrasive. Unfortunately this is not one of my strengths...

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DebbieDowner said:

I would be very interested to learn how a value investor determines the value of 1 XRP. Last time I checked, valuation of cryptocurrencies was a hard and unsolved problem, which leads me to believe that genuine "value investors" would not touch this asset class with a 10 foot pole. Which contradicts your point. 

I am very confused by your statement, maybe you could shed some light on your reasoning?

A value investor looks at the 3k cryptos and looks for one with a good leadership team, good progress,purpose,utility.

And the most important thing as a value investor is to look for stuff that is undervalued. Has nothing to do with the asset itself , but the asset must be undervalued.

Xrp is a prime candidate for all of the above. With the added cherry that it could be like owning a piece of the internet in the older days. 

Edited by Finesse

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

And yes, for every outrageously bullish message on a public section of this forum, I will compensate with an an equally bearish message. That's what I have set myself to do here.

Ps: i will try to be a bit less abrasive. Unfortunately this is not one of my strengths...

The whole point of an exchange its that you try to get on before the price goes up and get off before the price goes down.  When you buy you make a decision that you are right and the seller is wrong, but it might be the other way round.  I can see why over zealous bullish predictions need to be argued against, as do over bearish predictions.  A forum like this is about trying to get a reasoned analysis of the trends, rather than acting as a counterweight to someone else's excesses.

Abrasiveness is good when it is a well intentioned slap down.

Edited by Julian_Williams

9 hours ago, Phintech said:

You don't own stock, they owe you NOTHING.  Entitlement much?  You speculated on XRP.  Be patient while the entire global financial system is under construction and being REBUILT.  It's gonna take time.   If you don't have the time or patience, it's as simple as exiting your position. 

The supply is the supply. The number has not, and will never change.  Everyone was well aware, or should have been, before they speculated

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear but seems pretty simple to me. 

Yep.  People want the reward without the patience or the risk.  And before anyone gets angry at my comment, I too am in the very same boat.  If someone didn't take profit in the last bull run - at least to take out their initial investment - then that's not Ripple's fault.  If you got in late into the bull run, or after it, not Ripple's fault.  Look at the price action over five years - bull runs don't occur very often - and when they do, you'd better take profit regularly to ensure you get a return.   If you're feeling uncomfortable, then it's probably better to sell off a decent amount of your XRP to a point where you feel comfortable. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

If you think about it, Ripple was basically gifted a boatload of money for free at 0 cost to them in the form of XRP.

What other company gets that kind of free money to start off with?

On another note, with that much financial resources, if Ripple isn't successful then their executives deserve to be blacklisted from ever working anywhere again.

A lot of companies would dream to have that much capital to work with.

XRP was near worthless when they inherited it. Who gave opencoin/XRP the value? Ripple built software that is superior to SWIFT's offerings and put XRP "on the map".  Without Ripple, do you think XRP would be 30 cents now? Ripple's escrow fulfilled helped fuel the last major bull run.  If/when we hear a MAJOR (and I mean MAJOR) announcement from Ripple that will lift the price of XRP past $5, I guess you'll be saying it had nothing to do with Ripple and they were merely "gifted" this higher price, right? It's like some people think they have a "right" to profit without any risk or patience involved. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound