ZzZerper

$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

4 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Absolutely.  And I'd add - the crypto space really requires massive patience.  The big moves happen fast, the bear markets can last years.  Many people joined late into the last bull run and got burned - or they simply froze throughout it and didn't profit take, even though they had 4 to 6 weeks to make some really really decent gains.  They got a false impression that another bull run would popup soon after the last one...ask anyone who's held XRP since 2013 onwards...the bull runs are like flash floods in a desert...you get your strategy in place, and you take profits at set price points and you don't get too greedy. 

Hey. I resemble this remark!  ...to certain extent.

I originally heard about BTC back in 2010. I was interested but my ex demanded I stay away from it. It wasn’t till mid 2017 while skipping single and free and the start of the bull run that I took notice again. I guess you could say “froze” is a good descriptor for me. I prefer to say that I continued to accumulate on the way up and on the way down.

But the long winter provided me a great deal of time to frigidly reflect and learn. And with my newfound knowledge I feel comfortable in my assessment that “massive patience” is what I have. I believe the bull run we experienced was merely a beta test of potential. I’m still accumulating knowledge and XRP and I no longer shiver.

A key take away for me is, the next run up, when ever it does come will be bringing in a lot more. Lots of threads have been dedicated to that. Initiation of a bull run is a call to action for the masses. It’s their alarm clock and the next time that alarm goes off I’m expecting it to awaken a giant. 

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well....it was definitely post-peak (end of January) - I sold about 3% or 4% of my stack at the peak and 96/97% at just over $1....so in hindsight I did well, but at the time I felt like I also watched massive profits come and go.  This time, I'll be taking profits more regularly....may well miss HUGE money, but so be it. 

Took me until 1.09 before I sold 20% of my holdings. Listened to all the people saying it was a correction all the way down from 3. Still was convinced it would stay above 1, how wrong I was but you live and learn

i do have a plan in place this time 😬

49 minutes ago, Phintech said:

You don't own stock, they owe you NOTHING.  Entitlement much?  You speculated on XRP.  Be patient while the entire global financial system is under construction and being REBUILT.  It's gonna take time.   If you don't have the time or patience, it's as simple as exiting your position. 

The supply is the supply. The number has not, and will never change.  Everyone was well aware, or should have been, before they speculated

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear but seems pretty simple to me. 

You seem happy about that. I’m not and it doesn’t seem consistent with Ripple’s efforts to cultivate the community

@Hodor what do you think? You seem well connected.

1 minute ago, ZzZerper said:

You seem happy about that. I’m not and it doesn’t seem consistent with Ripple’s efforts to cultivate the community

Nah, indifferent.  Out of my control but the wheels ARE in motion and Ripple 100% will be a major part of the fabric that is the IoV.

3 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Did Ripple sell you a pitch on how your investment in buying XRP would make money? No! You bought in to it as a possible good investment, they don’t actually owe you nothing. They have never promised anything in the way of returns 

8 hours ago, Caracappa said:

How long do you believe BTC will sell it's mined coins? Not to speak about Ethereum and many erc-20 tokens which don't have a maximum and could go on forever.

What do you bring up BTC? We are talking abour Ripple, a private company. 

58 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Did Ripple sell you a pitch on how your investment in buying XRP would make money? No! You bought in to it as a possible good investment, they don’t actually owe you nothing. They have never promised anything in the way of returns 

If you think they are so unprincipled they would scr@w the people who have paid to build their network, why don’t you sell your stash? I think most people in the community bought into the vision and the team. Didn’t we? 

50 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

What do you bring up BTC? We are talking abour Ripple, a private company. 

Because your whining about long lasting ico's has no place in 'cryptoland'. Go buy some stock if crypto is not your thing.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, codiusrex said:

Speak for yourself. My career is robust. I’m also a speculator on the side and can say or do with my $$ what I please. You want to know why? Because I earned my $$ above board and the hard way — that’s the fuel for my speculation. In contrast with @Ripple, I don’t take $$ from speculators and hide behind double-talk to defend the same. That’s your lesson for the day, Kumar.

If you think about it, Ripple was basically gifted a boatload of money for free at 0 cost to them in the form of XRP.

What other company gets that kind of free money to start off with?

On another note, with that much financial resources, if Ripple isn't successful then their executives deserve to be blacklisted from ever working anywhere again.

A lot of companies would dream to have that much capital to work with.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

8 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes; no one disagrees that more supply lowers the price.

Actually, I would say dozens of people have disagreed with me on here about that very issue. 

6 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Not disrespecting anyone (as an XRP holder myself).  My point was it's easier to hold long term if you're a value investor. 

I would be very interested to learn how a value investor determines the value of 1 XRP. Last time I checked, valuation of cryptocurrencies was a hard and unsolved problem, which leads me to believe that genuine "value investors" would not touch this asset class with a 10 foot pole. Which contradicts your point. 

I am very confused by your statement, maybe you could shed some light on your reasoning?

On 7/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, ZzZerper said:

https://www.ripple.com/insights/q2-2019-xrp-markets-report/

XRP has underperformed the last 6 months compared to other crypto.

A period when Ripple has sold record amounts of XRP, not to mention seeing even David S sell a substantial amount.

How do you feel? Makes me feel uneasy TBH.

It should make you feel good.  A start up company needs a proper business model.  Now that they will reduce XRP sales the price should start to rise.  I'm confused as to how positive news makes you feel uneasy.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

If you think they are so unprincipled they would scr@w the people who have paid to build their network, why don’t you sell your stash? I think most people in the community bought into the vision and the team. Didn’t we? 

Get a grip sunshine, wake up smell the coffee, you’ve just graduated, but your still a freshman hoping for some kind of backup! Sorry you are on your own with this one, enjoy the ride or jump out now

BTW I ain’t selling, my glasses a truly rose tinted.....while you are at see if you can message a few guys from the hundreds of failed ico, from the past! Hell they may be a few in here considering the amount of crap what has been said, of late

Take care enjoy life, you’ve only one stab at it 👍

Edited by Trentsteel

1 hour ago, DebbieDowner said:

I would be very interested to learn how a value investor determines the value of 1 XRP. Last time I checked, valuation of cryptocurrencies was a hard and unsolved problem, which leads me to believe that genuine "value investors" would not touch this asset class with a 10 foot pole. Which contradicts your point. 

I am very confused by your statement, maybe you could shed some light on your reasoning?

I would be interested why you decided your vocation in life was to be “a downer” hmmm, whatever Debs, everyone has an agenda!