Jump to content
ZzZerper

$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Oh, I understand why they are doing it. I will disagree, though, the percentage increase is significantly larger than the increase in BTC due to mining. 

People shouldn’t be surprised by this. 

Well from now on the percentage will come down a bit.  I think Clover had 1.6 billion coins that are being released at a rate of a million tokens a day.  Still over half of these tokens to be released.

The other elephant in the room is CL's tokens which have also been released in large numbers.  We have been told these sales are being supervised by Ripple.

I think the good news is that there has been a strategy behind the distribution, and the long strategy includes getting the price of XRP up to improve "liquidity".

I think we are getting a lot closer to freeing ourselves from the chains of BTC (another Ripple priority!)

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Well from now on the percentage will come down a bit.  I think Clover had 1.6 billion coins that are being released at a rate of a million tokens a day.  Still over half of these tokens to be released.

The other elephant in the room is CL's tokens which have also been released in large numbers.  We have been told these sales are being supervised by Ripple.

I think the good news is that there has been a strategy behind the distribution, and the long strategy includes getting the price of XRP up to improve "liquidity".

I think we are getting a lot closer to freeing ourselves from the chains of BTC (another Ripple priority!)

We have not been told CLs sales are supervised by ripple. Any source on that claim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

We have not been told CLs sales are supervised by ripple. Any source on that claim?

Supervised or not, the effect is essentially the same. This whole idea that you can expand the supply without impacting price has no basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Supervised or not, the effect is essentially the same. This whole idea that you can expand the supply without impacting price has no basis. 

Yes; no one disagrees that more supply lowers the price.  The main point is that the supply is being diverted to where it will be strategically needed for the future success of the project.  Success equals higher price, failure equals lower price. Low prices now in the accumulation phase makes XRP a better long term investment than if it had followed the whale manipulated BTC and LTC market up.

People who want to play the high risk market for big short term gains need to find something other than XRP to invest in. XRP is part of a long term strategy.  I am long term and I continue to buy XRP when I have spare cash.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Unfortunately many investors were only ever here for quick profits.  These people find it unbearable that LTC, ETH and BTC have exploded in the last few months and XRP's stability just makes them feel mad.  They think they must have been cheated by Ripple/XRP.  These people with their constant negativity will be gone when the price of XRP rises. 

These people are not value investors - they're looking for a quick buck, they never took on board that Brad G said their plans were 3 to 5 years (and that was 18 months ago, so we still have plenty of time).  I can only give them the "sh!t or get off the toilet" advice :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

People who want to play the high risk market for big short term gains need to find something other than XRP to invest in. XRP is part of a long term strategy.  I am long term and I continue to buy XRP when I have spare cash.

Absolutely.  And I'd add - the crypto space really requires massive patience.  The big moves happen fast, the bear markets can last years.  Many people joined late into the last bull run and got burned - or they simply froze throughout it and didn't profit take, even though they had 4 to 6 weeks to make some really really decent gains.  They got a false impression that another bull run would popup soon after the last one...ask anyone who's held XRP since 2013 onwards...the bull runs are like flash floods in a desert...you get your strategy in place, and you take profits at set price points and you don't get too greedy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Absolutely.  And I'd add - the crypto space really requires massive patience.  The big moves happen fast, the bear markets can last years.  Many people joined late into the last bull run and got burned - or they simply froze throughout it and didn't profit take, even though they had 4 to 6 weeks to make some really really decent gains.  They got a false impression that another bull run would popup soon after the last one...ask anyone who's held XRP since 2013 onwards...the bull runs are like flash floods in a desert...you get your strategy in place, and you take profits at set price points and you don't get too greedy. 

 

I know you cashed out at peak - I was a beginner and got burnt for a few thousand, but long term the cash has positioned me well.  We all have to learn through our mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ringer2 said:

 Why are any of you surprised by this? I told you 18 months ago the escrow releases were going to suppress prices. Nobody believed me back then and I was ridiculed by almost everyone for it. The escrowing of massive amounts of coins and the subsequent rise in price gave everyone an illusion that the coin had more value. But those coins in escrow were eventually going to released.  I mean, how many people on here kept saying “supply doesn’t matter” and “Ripple will wisely  handle the releases so as not to effect price”?

I’m not blaming Ripple for this. They are doing what they need to do. I just can’t believe so many didn’t see this coming and are now shocked by it. 

I kind of agree with you - it's not really surprising, but it's a strategy, so I'm not sure why people are disappointed.  This has been quite an intense distribution phase, with the likes of Chris Larsen ensuring prices stay low (to maximise sales and distribution).  Ripple are saying that now they will direct institutions to exchanges if they want to bulk buy....and only do OTC if exchanges lack the liquidity.  That is an encouraging sign.  Of course, I am saying all of this having a certain amount of faith in all the news I've been hearing about Ripple, R3, Swift, Moneygram et al.  Yes, maybe we're all being conned, but I really doubt it.  I do believe Ripple and XRP are a "unicorn in plain sight" and that they are preparing for very big things.  The recent article that point-blank stated that SWIFT were testing "Ripple's payment systems" to settle transactions in only seconds has me thinking we're not far away from a big announcement.  If I'm wrong and XRP ends up being a bizarre scam, then I'll admit they played me like a Stradivarius - that would be a scam with a Truman Show-esque level of elaborate ploys to fool a relatively small bunch of retail investors...while having a bunch of huge corporate entities (SBI, Moneygram, AmEx et al) either scammed too, or in on the scam.  If that were the case, I'd do a Truman, wave to the director in the sky, and reach for the exit door and onto some new investment :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

These people are not value investors - they're looking for a quick buck, they never took on board that Brad G said their plans were 3 to 5 years (and that was 18 months ago, so we still have plenty of time).  I can only give them

“These people” as you call them pay Brad’s salary and all the investment into their software.

VC put $100m into Ripple. XRP investors have ultimately invested $1.1 Billion into Ripple. They deserve some respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

I kind of agree with you - it's not really surprising, but it's a strategy, so I'm not sure why people are disappointed.  This has been quite an intense distribution phase, with the likes of Chris Larsen ensuring prices stay low (to maximise sales and distribution).  Ripple are saying that now they will direct institutions to exchanges if they want to bulk buy....and only do OTC if exchanges lack the liquidity.  That is an encouraging sign.  Of course, I am saying all of this having a certain amount of faith in all the news I've been hearing about Ripple, R3, Swift, Moneygram et al.  Yes, maybe we're all being conned, but I really doubt it.  I do believe Ripple and XRP are a "unicorn in plain sight" and that they are preparing for very big things.  The recent article that point-blank stated that SWIFT were testing "Ripple's payment systems" to settle transactions in only seconds has me thinking we're not far away from a big announcement.  If I'm wrong and XRP ends up being a bizarre scam, then I'll admit they played me like a Stradivarius - that would be a scam with a Truman Show-esque level of elaborate ploys to fool a relatively small bunch of retail investors...while having a bunch of huge corporate entities (SBI, Moneygram, AmEx et al) either scammed too, or in on the scam.  If that were the case, I'd do a Truman, wave to the director in the sky, and reach for the exit door and onto some new investment :D 

I always enjoy reading your posts, but please use paragraphs for easier reading😜😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I know you cashed out at peak - I was a beginner and got burnt for a few thousand, but long term the cash has positioned me well.  We all have to learn through our mistakes

Well....it was definitely post-peak (end of January) - I sold about 3% or 4% of my stack at the peak and 96/97% at just over $1....so in hindsight I did well, but at the time I felt like I also watched massive profits come and go.  This time, I'll be taking profits more regularly....may well miss HUGE money, but so be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

“These people” as you call them pay Brad’s salary and all the investment into their software.

VC put $100m into Ripple. XRP investors have ultimately invested $1.1 Billion into Ripple. They deserve some respect.

Not disrespecting anyone (as an XRP holder myself).  My point was it's easier to hold long term if you're a value investor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Ripple is doing all the work while you sit on your ass doing **** all.

Speak for yourself. My career is robust. I’m also a speculator on the side and can say or do with my $$ what I please. You want to know why? Because I earned my $$ above board and the hard way — that’s the fuel for my speculation. In contrast with @Ripple, I don’t take $$ from speculators and hide behind double-talk to defend the same. That’s your lesson for the day, Kumar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

“These people” as you call them pay Brad’s salary and all the investment into their software.

VC put $100m into Ripple. XRP investors have ultimately invested $1.1 Billion into Ripple. They deserve some respect.

You don't own stock, they owe you NOTHING.  Entitlement much?  You speculated on XRP.  Be patient while the entire global financial system is under construction and being REBUILT.  It's gonna take time.   If you don't have the time or patience, it's as simple as exiting your position. 

The supply is the supply. The number has not, and will never change.  Everyone was well aware, or should have been, before they speculated

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear but seems pretty simple to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...