$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

ZzZerper

The report says they acknowledge the sales of xrp were based on a percent of volumns that were inflated and that may have been more than they were intending to sell and keep xrp price healthy.  IMO that may have killed the most recent pump from reaching the same highs compared to other coins, but lets not forget that money is being re-invested in the xrp ecosystem at what seems like a pivotal time and as long as they get a handle on it moving forward I think we should start to see some upward price movement.  Lets hope soon.  Next pump ath.

Edited by ricktb

9 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

Fact is they could see XRP holders falling behind every crypto and they chose to sell more than ever.

I believe the sales are based on a percentage of daily volume - this is far different than "choosing to sell" at certain times, insinuating intentional price suppression. (the price is being suppressed, but it's a reality of liquidating their escrow)

Of course this selling **** is worrying, especially since the founders are selling additional huge amounts and Brad's assertion that Ripple is in the black has obviously no influence.

They're burning huge amounts of money, also at the expense of HODLers.

Sure you can deny this - if you wear your pink rosy glasses.

2 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

This will be the longest ICO ever (sorry, I don't believe the "we didn’t create XRP" bs) . SEC may go after Ripple one day. 

How long do you believe BTC will sell it's mined coins? Not to speak about Ethereum and many erc-20 tokens which don't have a maximum and could go on forever.

6 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Many people look through the lens of "retail investor".  They actually think Chris Larsen, Jed, Schwartz et al are selling with the same mentality as a retail investor.  First thing's first: these people are in the position to know a LOT more than we know.  Schwartz selling part of his personal stash at 32 cents is nothing compared to the bigger picture he sees.  He will tell his Twitter followers he's "de-risking".  Of course he will say this.  He also owns a 2% of Ripple the company, which is an enormous amount of wealth - and he tells you he's worried about his XRP holdings?  Has he sold any of his stake in Ripple? Not that I know of.  If he knows what's down the line, maybe he's more worried about bad publicity in regards to his XRP holdings when it moons than "selling low" (LOL).  There is no "low" for these people - there is only positioning and balancing, and ensuring Ripple minimse/avoid any obviously bad PR in the future.  We've already established price suppression has taken place with whales selling daily.  It's hardly a stretch to think a lower price = greater distribution of XRP = greater future liquidity.  All part of the plan.  A mooning XRP price since 2018 would mean a lot of numpty retail investors holding XRP, less units sold to institutions (way more expensive)...Ripple want professional market makers in place more than rely on retail investors providing liquidity (unpredictable).  And before anyone says "but but Ripple can't manipulate the price!" - this happens in stocks all the time - company buy backs being the bluntest instrument. 

I think Ripple have been concentrating on developing the distribution of liquidity in anticipation of an explosion of XRapid activity in the latter half of 2019 and onwards.   This last year distribution has been more important than price, but they are also telling us that when price goes up so does liquidity.  Strangling the supply is an indication that they are satisfied the distribution is now better placed and they are beginning to prioritise price/liquidity a bit more. 

We just have to sit still and let Ripple get on with what they have to do to get the fundamentals of the market they are creating working.   Unfortunately many investors were only ever here for quick profits.  These people find it unbearable that LTC, ETH and BTC have exploded in the last few months and XRP's stability just makes them feel mad.  They think they must have been cheated by Ripple/XRP.  These people with their constant negativity will be gone when the price of XRP rises.

Why are any of you surprised by this? I told you 18 months ago the escrow releases were going to suppress prices. Nobody believed me back then and I was ridiculed by almost everyone for it. The escrowing of massive amounts of coins and the subsequent rise in price gave everyone an illusion that the coin had more value. But those coins in escrow were eventually going to released.  I mean, how many people on here kept saying “supply doesn’t matter” and “Ripple will wisely  handle the releases so as not to effect price”?

I’m not blaming Ripple for this. They are doing what they need to do. I just can’t believe so many didn’t see this coming and are now shocked by it. 

Edited by ringer2

1 minute ago, ringer2 said:

Why are any of you surprised by this? I told you 18 months ago the escrow releases were going to suppress prices. Nobody believed me back then and I was ridiculed by almost everyone for it. The escrowing of massive amounts of coins and the subsequent rise in price gave everyone an illusion that the coin had more value. But those coins in escrow were eventually going to released.  I mean, how many people on here kept saying “supply doesn’t matter”?

I would go further and say having the escrowed reserve XRP is a benefit for the eventual success of XRP, and price ultimately depends on success. The volume of the release of new XRP on the market is not really that far out of line with what is being released into BTC and ETH markets through mining, and in the case of POW coins that money is not being reinvested into the development of a sustainable ecosystem.  I really like the 50 billion that are being held and released and distributed slowly to infrastructure that will be needed by the fintech market.

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

I would go further and say having the escrowed reserve XRP is a benefit for the eventual success of XRP, and price ultimately depends on success. The volume of the release of new XRP on the market is not really that far out of line with what is being released into BTC and ETH markets through mining, and in the case of POW coins that money is not being reinvested into the development of a sustainable ecosystem.  I really like the 50 billion that are being held and released and distributed slowly to infrastructure that will be needed by the fintech market.

Oh, I understand why they are doing it. I will disagree, though, the percentage increase is significantly larger than the increase in BTC due to mining. 

People shouldn’t be surprised by this. 

11 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Oh, I understand why they are doing it. I will disagree, though, the percentage increase is significantly larger than the increase in BTC due to mining. 

People shouldn’t be surprised by this. 

Well from now on the percentage will come down a bit.  I think Clover had 1.6 billion coins that are being released at a rate of a million tokens a day.  Still over half of these tokens to be released.

The other elephant in the room is CL's tokens which have also been released in large numbers.  We have been told these sales are being supervised by Ripple.

I think the good news is that there has been a strategy behind the distribution, and the long strategy includes getting the price of XRP up to improve "liquidity".

I think we are getting a lot closer to freeing ourselves from the chains of BTC (another Ripple priority!)

Edited by Julian_Williams

31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Well from now on the percentage will come down a bit.  I think Clover had 1.6 billion coins that are being released at a rate of a million tokens a day.  Still over half of these tokens to be released.

The other elephant in the room is CL's tokens which have also been released in large numbers.  We have been told these sales are being supervised by Ripple.

I think the good news is that there has been a strategy behind the distribution, and the long strategy includes getting the price of XRP up to improve "liquidity".

I think we are getting a lot closer to freeing ourselves from the chains of BTC (another Ripple priority!)

We have not been told CLs sales are supervised by ripple. Any source on that claim?