Jump to content
ZzZerper

$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

Recommended Posts

Incoming FUD alert! Ripple quite selling OTC were liquidity exists. This causes the artificial inflation of price. Obviously Ripple is manipulating the market. The previous comment was satire or something in relation to future FUD. Someone had said in a another thread that maybe now they can focus OTC sales to non-liquid markets. Long-Term it seems this strategy will be for pragmatic worldwide distribution and usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

As @Zedy44 says, the big take away is the redirection of institutional buyers to market to buy XRP.

VERY IMPORTANT. Firstly (and obviously) this means more buy pressure on the price. Secondly (and maybe over looked) is that Ripple believe now that the market is in a position to support them orders. This now is the part where the organic growth in the XRP market comes in. Your 'Marker Makers' etc step in to meet the demand rather than Ripple.

Fantastic news! :D

This is indeed fantastic news.

<checks price>

I guess they haven't started this practice yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good theory Zedy44. Honestly I was being so lazy I did not want to press the tab on my browser and search the thread to find you and give credit. That I believe was laziness  on my part, at its finest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

I replied in another thread a few minutes ago and I suspect this may be Ripple's way of forcing market expansion for some of the bigger exchange players.  If they want to keep dipping their hands into the XRP OTC cookie jar they'll need to consider opening up shop in less-liquid markets, which in turn opens up new corridors for Ripple and Xrapid.

At least that's the theory I came up with so far.

I don’t think Ripple treats OTC as a cookie jar actually. On the contrary, the fact that they dump a lot of profits on charities kind of proves that this is more a distribution vehicle rather than a for-profit operation. Market expansion might also be an important aspect.

P.S. Or did you mean it was a cookie jar for exchanges?

Edited by Lamberth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

I don’t think Ripple treats OTC as a cookie jar actually. On the contrary, the fact that they dump a lot of profits on charities kind of proves that this is more a distribution vehicle rather than a for-profit operation. Market expansion might also be an important aspect.

P.S. Or did you mean it was a cookie jar for exchanges?

I meant for exchanges, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushing XRP down before a crypto correction encourages traders to move into XRP as a safe zone. Holding XRP durring a crypto crash is like holding gold in a recession. The value tends to drop with the market but overall it's a safe bet because it will recover after the dust settles. 

David S selling at a time when XRP has bottomed out for a year, pretty much increases volume. 

When the price is low, bottomed out and showing signs of reversal. If the founders are selling but the asset itself is a momentum/long term hold. THAT IS WHEN TO BUY !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jargoman said:

Pushing XRP down before a crypto correction encourages traders to move into XRP as a safe zone. Holding XRP durring a crypto crash is like holding gold in a recession. The value tends to drop with the market but overall it's a safe bet because it will recover after the dust settles. 

David S selling at a time when XRP has bottomed out for a year, pretty much increases volume. 

When the price is low, bottomed out and showing signs of reversal. If the founders are selling but the asset itself is a momentum/long term hold. THAT IS WHEN TO BUY !!

Most people wont get that concept though buddy, look at the guy that gave you a confused face for example. Because he is genuinely confused.

Compare for example charlie lee selling at ATH, david sold some at a low and not all his stash like charlie LOL.

Im bullish and loading up accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Finesse said:

Most people wont get that concept though buddy, look at the guy that gave you a confused face for example. Because he is genuinely confused.

Compare for example charlie lee selling at ATH, david sold some at a low and not all his stash like charlie LOL.

Im bullish and loading up accordingly.

How recent was David selling? This month?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April. To be fair to him it wasn’t that much but I didn’t take it as a good sign. At least he is transparent about it. This article is pretty objective.

https://cryptoslate.com/xrp-underperforms-ripple-david-schwartz-sell-holdings/amp/

Wonder how much Brad and Chris have been selling from their personal stashes? 

If Ripple were a public company and XRP a security (please I am not claiming it is) they would have to report sales under their Section 16 obligations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

https://www.ripple.com/insights/q2-2019-xrp-markets-report/

XRP has underperformed the last 6 months compared to other crypto.

A period when Ripple has sold record amounts of XRP, not to mention seeing even David S sell a substantial amount.

How do you feel? Makes me feel uneasy TBH.

 

 

I must be born for crypto because I don't care what anyone says or does.  I make my own valuation on if whatever crypto is underpriced or not and buy it.  Don't give two ***** about all this daily bs.  Hands stronger than hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

From Yahoo Finance, "The company reports that it raised over $250 million in the second quarter of 2019 but that it will be selling a lot less of its stash moving forward."

I see it as very good news. I think it has less to do with transparency and much more to do with critical mass. I think it indicates that the ecosystem Ripple has built has reached critical mass and they don't need revenue like before from OTC XRP sale - the open markets are mature enough.  Ripple ecosystem is self-sustaining now, and it will grow on its own through increased utility and network effects of its customers. The cut in sales should affect the price of XRP positively.  Recall just a short while ago how Brad said they were having their best week in sign-ups shortly after Facebook had announced it's plan to launch Libra. 

Ripple is now entrenched in this space like BTC and ETH, in my opinion.

Edited by enrique11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...