ZzZerper

$251.51 Million Not Sure I feel about this

7 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Internet isn’t done yet, faxmachines are. So we can’t make up the final score just yet. 

Very true. Even more so when the IoV hits in force it could give the wheel a run for sheer impact. But in fairness to Krugman he did give 2005 as his cut off. I worked in a place that thought Lotus Notes was the future for email and Google was still something sleazy old men did. 

50 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Was it IBM?

I don’t recall. This was 1998. Microsoft won the battle not long after. But I also recall our lawyers continued to consider any email as unreliable and insisted on fax copies of signed documents for a number of years. Cultural shift comes slow. It’s a theme for this chat group also as we wait for a general shift in attitude about new possibilities for managing money to kick in and then for the practices to be implemented. As the Chinese proverb has it “The ox is slow but the earth is patient”. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, ZzZerper said:

You seem happy about that. I’m not and it doesn’t seem consistent with Ripple’s efforts to cultivate the community

@Hodor what do you think? You seem well connected.

Hi @ZzZerper  Thanks for the tag.  I've made my opinion known in my usual quarterly review of their report:  https://coil.com/p/Hodor/Ripple-s-Q2-XRP-Markets-Report/PtwyGPFwt    

I don't think there's anything wrong with discussions like this in the XRP Community.  Open, honest, and fact-based respectful debate are critical to a growing and healthy community.  No topic should be off-limits as long as they do not contain personal attacks or violate people's rights. 

I'll reprint my own summation here.  If you want more details about my analysis, you'll have to click on that link! 

...This need to invest in XRP's ecosystem must also be correctly and successfully balanced against the need to protect the free market price discovery of XRP, however, and this is where the market is starting to ask questions, especially given the recent price declines in mid-July.

Ripple has responded in dramatic fashion, changing the source for its sales planning to 'Crypto Compare Top Tier,' and issuing the following terse statements in the XRP Markets Report:

"𝘙𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘥 $251.51 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘟𝘙𝘗 𝘪𝘯 𝘘2 2019 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘟𝘙𝘗."

and

"𝘙𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝘵𝘰 𝘟𝘙𝘗 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘘3. 𝘈𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘊𝘊𝘛𝘛 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘵 10 𝘣𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘊𝘊𝘛𝘛 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘶𝘮𝘦𝘴."

This quick and decisive communication is a positive step.

While this may have been a challenging quarter for XRP and crypto, generally, Ripple has done a tremendous job in terms of communications, and their leadership in usage of accurate data for sales planning helps to set a precedent for others in the market.

My gut feeling is very positive about the remainder of 2019, especially given the investments Ripple has made thus far in XRP's ecosystem, combined with a myriad of other community-driven projects, ideas, and marketing activities. This report, while understandably muted based on recent market activity, felt especially bullish in nature given both general market conditions for crypto, and the recent uptick in mainstream media coverage.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, ZzZerper said:

https://www.ripple.com/insights/q2-2019-xrp-markets-report/

XRP has underperformed the last 6 months compared to other crypto.

A period when Ripple has sold record amounts of XRP, not to mention seeing even David S sell a substantial amount.

How do you feel? Makes me feel uneasy TBH.

The negative to me is that I wish I knew what XRP would look like if $251+ million spent in Q2 had been acquiring existing XRP off the open market.  What if you spent Q3 buying $251 million XRP and not adding to circulation? what would price do? So that is a bummer.

The positive to me, is that there was a lot of demand for XRP if Ripple was capable of selling a whopping $259 million worth of the DA.