Sign in to follow this  
JannaOneTrick

Q2 2019 XRP Markets Report

2 hours ago, aye-epp said:

is this related at all to the huge spike in price May 12 - 15 where it jumped from 0.310 to 0.459 ?

I recall you mentioning a noteworthy spike around Sep 2018 that correlated to a stop of XRP II sales, curious if this is the 2nd of its kind - where Ripple doesn't sell any XRP.

Yes, partially. The thread with discussion on this was here - sales were very high in early-mid april and then in may there was the drop and subsequent price spike. I must look again at the data and see if I have any new insights. (I also haven't plotted sales for a while and should check on them to see if they are still behaving sensibly - but I think it's safe to assume hat after Ripple's Q2 report, we can expect a fairly constant level based on a reduced volume calculation).

On 7/24/2019 at 5:07 PM, jbjnr said:

Now I'm interested in xRapid and have been looking for trends in the data there instead. Ripple mentioned in their report that Q2 xRapid payments are up 170% from Q1, which is interesting as I see figures consistent with that, more interesting is that July has increased further. Sadly the totals are still pitiful from what I've found, so we're not likely to see use case driven surges for a while. I will post sometime my findings once I have narrowed down the data a bit more. Still guessing wildly at the moment.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we’ll see use case surges in the upcoming quarters.