Sign in to follow this  
JannaOneTrick

Q2 2019 XRP Markets Report

Posted (edited)

Ripple couldn't be more upfront about trying to address everyone's accusations of them "dumping" the market. It is clear that their goal is not to suppress and crush the price of XRP. They basically repeat the same thing over and over again throughout the report to make that point. 

It is also nice that they clarified OTC vs. Programmatic sales as a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

For my curiosity I am just wondering how exactly the programmatic sales are done. Market orders, limit orders, strategically placed orders in the order book?

Having said all of that...Doesn't matter because the price won't do anything anyway.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

Good stuff.  Underlined should have positive future price impact.

"Ripple’s long-term view is that efficient, liquid XRP markets should resemble the traditional FX markets, given XRP’s use case of global value transfer. As a large portion of FX trading occurs on the OTC markets, in 2017, Ripple began providing, through XRP II, a licensed subsidiary, OTC purchases of XRP to meet institutional demand, at a time when XRP/USD liquidity was limited. Since then, XRP listings increased as Ripple has partnered with the top digital asset brokers and used inventory to serve as a backstop for XRP liquidity. This allowed these OTC liquidity providers the ability to source XRP, even when institutional quantities of XRP were difficult to access across exchanges.

Ripple decided to pull back from providing XRP over-the-counter at scale toward the end of Q2, in light of the OTC desks’ ability to source institutional demand for XRP in the open markets. Going forward, Ripple plans to focus institutional sales on markets where the on-exchange liquidity for XRP is insufficient to meet institutional demand."

Good stuff B)

RIPPLENET

Q2 saw the highest number of customer transactions on RippleNet. In fact, the number of xRapid transactions increased 170% from Q1 to Q2 and Ripple had a 30% increase in the number of live xRapid partners in Q2. Ripple anticipates this momentum in transaction volume to continue as more partners and customers go live.

Notable Regulatory Activity

The SEC announced that it would establish nodes on certain open source, permissionless ledgers, such as the XRP Ledger, to help inform its policy making.

The UK’s Financial Conduct Authority analogized XRP to ETH, which it recognized was a hybrid utility/exchange token, not a security token.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AgamemnonUA said:

Can somebody please do a compound growth calculation based on 170% per quarter for a year or two years?

I am getting a stupidly high number :D

Let's see..

4 quarters per year .. therefore 2 years means 2x4 = 8 compounding periods.

170% per quarter means (1+1.7) to the exponent 8 = 2.7 ^ 8 = 2,824.29

Edited by richxrp

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Try again. It’s 69.75. 

1.7 ^ 8 = 69.75 ...  = (1+.7)^8 ... that means it's 70% interest per quarter .. not 170% .. (I took this to mean interest.. but you might have meant total growth)..

compound growth formula is FV = P*(1=i)^n   where 

FV = Future Value

P = Principal

i = interest rate per compounding period

n = number of compounding periods.

Edited by richxrp