JannaOneTrick

Brad Garlinghouse at Bloomberg (BoA patent & NDA) - 22/07/2019

16 minutes ago, princesultan said:

What matters though is that it needs to be xrp oriented. No more if this xcurrent flip the switch stuff, which,according to the patent, seems to be the latter. 

The patent also mentions "Option to eliminate need for physical accounts at partner institutions" which means no need for nostro/vostro accounts at other banks. Which in itself would mean a way to settle using XRPL, hence Xrapid.

15 minutes ago, princesultan said:

What matters though is that it needs to be xrp oriented. No more if this xcurrent flip the switch stuff, which,according to the patent, seems to be the latter. 

and according to the Cordia github code, xrp is the default pathway ...(am hoping i got that right)

19 minutes ago, princesultan said:

I'm not entirely sure that matters at the current point in time.  On a long enough timescale, everything will likely be using XRP - this is Ripple's strategy.

The current regulatory uncertainty may deter many from utilizing XRP right now but xCurrent still allows them to use a more robust and powerful platform for moving money.  In the years to come, it will be far better to have customers using xCurrent switch to xRapid than signing up as brand new xRapid customers.

33 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

I am more bullish than ever, seeing the patent, watching the interview and inspecting the Corda settler code repository, this is going to be a fun ride, hold tight.

me also, first time in 18 months I'm so bullish

1 hour ago, GoldenGoose said:

Ripple deliberately leaked the BofA patent application. And Brad did his fake laugh, when the interviewer broached the subject. Just like when they waste money on charity or add new (needless) offices and overhead all over the globe, Ripple needs to keep up the appearance of an expanding network so that the company and its principals can continue to sell their XRP for 30-40¢.

I'm just trying to help the doubters continue to see negative developments and motives, exclusively. There's always a cloud to accompany the annoying silver lining, if one is willing to look hard enough for it.

wow.. pretty creative thinking I must say.

1 hour ago, GoldenGoose said:

Ripple deliberately leaked the BofA patent application. And Brad did his fake laugh, when the interviewer broached the subject. Just like when they waste money on charity or add new (needless) offices and overhead all over the globe, Ripple needs to keep up the appearance of an expanding network so that the company and its principals can continue to sell their XRP for 30-40¢.

I'm just trying to help the doubters continue to see negative developments and motives, exclusively. There's always a cloud to accompany the annoying silver lining, if one is willing to look hard enough for it.

Ummm... No

6 hours ago, EasterBunny said:

Jed?

That's a fair assessment @EasterBunny! I LOL'd when I read your response.

Yes - Jed McCaleb who's credited with forming Ripple in 2011 and left in 2013 definitely qualifies as someone who left to join a competitor out of anger!  He's been gone for a while (6 years now) and he left before a lot of the real progress was made by Ripple.  Jed's made a number of big and great and things and some turned out well and some turned out not so well.  Not sure those various results can be traced back to what team Ripple does.   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jed_McCaleb

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Jed-McCaleb-leave-Ripple-to-start-Stellar

As far as "Vinnie" I'm not tracking who that is.  Corey Johnson left as well but I think he simply served his purpose as was no longer needed.

My only point is I see a lot of growth, new offices, new talent coming in, etc.  

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, iLeeT said:

I don't fully agree with that to be honest, quite a lot of key people have left Ripple in the past couple of years - although, you have a point that most of the new employees haven't left (pretty unlikely for a person hired on a top position at a company to leave after 18 months though.)

Yeah, but most of Ripple's high-profile exits have been replaced by highly competent individuals. Also, the vast majority of those individuals leave to start other blockchain companies and/or ventures that are/will in some way/shape/form/fashion help/assist Ripple/XRP directly or indirectly. Let's take Katherine Coley, Ripple's former head of XRP Institutional Liquidity and the most recent departure, new role as CEO of Binance USA. I don't view this as a loss by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, the first thing I thought of was that Ripple just got a new xRapid exchange partner in the works and could very well see yet another exchange with XRP as one of the base exchange digital assets other than BTC. Also, they just recently snatched up Breanne Madigan the former Goldman's Sachs Global Head of Institutional Wealth Manager who oversaw a portfolio worth over ~1.5 trillion in total assets as their VP of Institutional Markets as Katherine's replacement. Even CZ said that Katherine's move would benefit both Binance and Ripple. The same thing can be said of Stefan Thomas who left to start his web-monetization company, Coil that is using XRP/ILP/Codius by-the-way. His replacement was David Schwartz as Ripple's CTO. Again, I don't think one needs to worry about exits like these so long as Ripple is replacing them with competent individuals.

Edited by King34Maine