JannaOneTrick

Brad Garlinghouse at Bloomberg (BoA patent & NDA) - 22/07/2019

Posted (edited)

Thank you for this post! Gonna tune into this while drinking my morning coffee :)

Brad said, that he can't confirm or deny the involvement of Ripple in Bank of America's patent... he was surprised of the patent application because they didn't announce anything... very interesting ;)  (Topic starting at 17:18)

Edited by Soniax
spelling

1 minute ago, Caracappa said:

I think it's tough keeping up with all the NDA's and on which he can and cannot comment.

Seems to me that he can’t comment on any of the partnerships or product purchases, in case he make a mistake, so he more or less says “ I can neither confirm nor deny xy or z” to any such questioning.

59 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Also it is noticeable that the big names they have attracted do not up sticks and leave after 18 months, (except for Cory Johnson who was not really much of an expert at anything other than being a familiar TV face).  

I don't fully agree with that to be honest, quite a lot of key people have left Ripple in the past couple of years - although, you have a point that most of the new employees haven't left (pretty unlikely for a person hired on a top position at a company to leave after 18 months though.)

3 hours ago, JannaOneTrick said:

bloomberg-technology-logo.png

Brad Garlinghouse at Bloomberg

22nd July 2019

Starts at 11:35

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2019-07-23/-bloomberg-technology-full-show-07-22-2019-video

Janna, Tnx for sharing.

Excellent interview with Brad Garlinghouse. He is looking confident and more like a B2B banker. He also remained charming when asked about 'Bank of America's patent'. Clearly the writing is on the wall and Bank of America is a Ripple partner (as known by us all for a long time). Nice to have them aboard.

One thing about people who’ve left team Ripple, they’ve gone into complementary positions in other companies for RippleNet adoption. I don’t recall anyone leaving that left to join a competitor or out of anger. And then we have the amazing @BobWay who left to take care of his health. 

57 minutes ago, princesultan said:

brad: "i am surprised by that patent application because we have not announced anything."

my inference from that is that there will be an announcement at some point down the road. would be awesome if they are using xrp :)

exactly, that's the point. BoA and Ripple will make an announcement and Ripple at least stuck with the NDA but BoA for some reason was careless enough about it to publish at least a technical detail in their patent application.

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes, for a long while they have been playing it close to their chest and they don't give much away, yet if Brad makes even a generalised comment he is afterwards constantly criticised for blabbing.  The only metrics we really have are the growing army of employees in a growing network of offices around the world.    All those new staff in places like India and Brazil are needed to do jobs that were not there before.  Also it is noticeable that the big names they have attracted do not up sticks and leave after 18 months, (except for Cory Johnson who was not really much of an expert at anything other than being a familiar TV face).  

I agree. Given the way this space reacts, it is better for Brad to not say anything than to confirm or deny anything. Slipping up and saying to much or making a mistake will cause people to start screaming and freaking out like banshees (literally). It also just gets are hopes out only for us to be disappointed when the price of XRP doesn't go anywhere.

2 hours ago, princesultan said:

brad: "i am surprised by that patent application because we have not announced anything."

my inference from that is that there will be an announcement at some point down the road. would be awesome if they are using xrp :)

This is the money quote. Implicitly, they have a timeline to announce something. The patent filing spilled the beans. 

17 minutes ago, MatinMontreal said:

This is the money quote. Implicitly, they have a timeline to announce something. The patent filing spilled the beans. 

What matters though is that it needs to be xrp oriented. No more if this xcurrent flip the switch stuff, which,according to the patent, seems to be the latter.