Tyvole

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

• They should have More (Please expand)
    • Im ok with it
    • I dont care
    • I dont like it
    • They should own Less (Please expand)
    • They should burn it all (Please expand)

20 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Let's assume that Ripple's XRP sales put downward pressure on the price. Let's also assume they have to continue selling at the rate to fund the day-to-operations of the company. 

In this scenario, would you advocate them continuing to sell whatever necessary in order to continue operations?

Yes

9 hours ago, baobeiiiii said:

Don't be so cynical. Of course the news would mention if they are the richest company in the world. Cynical people really rub me the wrong way. 

Well 20B ain't too shabby.  What other crypto company is valued that high?

31 minutes ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

I just assumed you were from India.  I hear it all the time...

Amazing joke. Let me give you ha ha ha.

george costanza good job GIF

Which one of you is behind this?

"Should Ripple burn 50% of XRP’s supply to pump its price?"

A bunch of XRP fans are getting behind a proposal led by a prominent crypto trader that Ripple should burn half the XRP held in its reserves. The logic here is that by reducing the supply, the coin’s price will rise more easily, making a mint for everyone involved.

The petition, started by trader Crypto Bitlord—who has more than 100,000 followers on Twitter—on August 5, has over 300 signatures so far. It recommends that Ripple no longer release its supply of XRP onto the crypto market, suggesting this will lead to a pump, “like the good ol days.” read more..

On 7/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, Tyvole said:

You guys must be retirees. Most of our generation dsnt giv a fk about spellin

If true, that says a lot about your generation, doesn’t it?

Words offer the means to meaning. So if you can’t be bothered to spell properly, it implies you can’t be bothered to convey your thoughts to others. And if you can’t be bothered why should anyone else?

48 minutes ago, nikb said:

If true, that says a lot about your generation, doesn’t it?

Words offer the means to meaning. So if you can’t be bothered to spell properly, it implies you can’t be bothered to convey your thoughts to others. And if you can’t be bothered why should anyone else?

A lack of spelling doesn't mean you don't want to convey your thoughts. I cann miisspell everi sngle wurd en thiss sentense and the meening dusn't change aht al. You would just be distracted by the orthography. Especially since the English language could use an overhaul with regards to its spelling rules and "traditions" that don't make any sense but are just that way "because that is the way it is". Do you like Bolonie, Bolony, or do you prefer Bologna? Or none of the three?

This is straying off topic but I wouldn't be surprised, due to the rise in social media and texting etc., if alternate abbreviated spellings of words become officially accepted. Similar to how contractions were not officially accepted a long time ago but people used them so much that they became proper ways to speak even in formal writing.

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

A lack of spelling doesn't mean you don't want to convey your thoughts.

No, only that you can’t be bothered to express them cogently.

This isn’t about the language evolving—English is a living thing after all. Evolution is fine and new words will enter the common vernacular.

This is about you claiming that proper spelling is irrelevant and that “[your] generation […] dsnt giv a fk about spellin”.

If that’s true, the only ones suffering are you and your generation.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, nikb said:

No, only that you can’t be bothered to express them cogently.

This isn’t about the language evolving—English is a living thing after all. Evolution is fine and new words will enter the common vernacular.

This is about you claiming that proper spelling is irrelevant and that “[your] generation […] dsnt giv a fk about spellin”.

If that’s true, the only ones suffering are you and your generation.

We have to take into account that the world is bigger than the English speaking countries and non natives (like myself) slip up. After all, that global thingy is part of the problem Ripple is solving for our newer generations :P

But agreed, if our younger generation is used to communicate via Whatsapp and after years of language abuse they have to write an essay in the language of their older mentors.

Thats also part of the evolving languages. Perhaps in a hundred years we are back to how the Egyptians communicate, with emoticons.

Edited by Caracappa