How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

• They should have More (Please expand)
    • Im ok with it
    • I dont care
    • I dont like it
    • They should own Less (Please expand)
    • They should burn it all (Please expand)

On 7/25/2019 at 2:45 PM, DebbieDowner said:

How can you compare this to Bezos and shares? It is like comparing apples to oranges. First off, he owns his shares, he can sell whenever he wants. And there is something you forget. Dividends. He does not need to sell anything to get millions from his shares every year.

Amazon doesn't pay dividends.

A very good reason to sell would be to please shareholders. Those who have equity in Ripple also get dividends, based on Ripple's financial results.

I highly doubt Ripple has paid a single penny in dividends up to this point.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have owned it since the beginning, everyone here bought xrp knowing that. It’s a none topic imo.

1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP? - sexually aroused.

To be honest Ripple to me is A shady american company, im not american, i dont idealise corporations. By default you shouldn't trust anyone, xrpl is trust-less system same as bitcoin. Who says that ri

Posted Images

5 hours ago, rootvegetable said:

Amazon doesn't pay dividends.

I highly doubt Ripple has paid a single penny in dividends up to this point.

Ok, fair enough. We won't know about Ripple without insider knowledge as it is a privately held company.

In any case, the point does not change, there are many ways to compensate board members based on financial performance.

Let's assume that Ripple's XRP sales put downward pressure on the price. Let's also assume they have to continue selling at the rate to fund the day-to-operations of the company. 

In this scenario, would you advocate them continuing to sell whatever necessary in order to continue operations?

8 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

In this scenario, would you advocate them continuing to sell whatever necessary in order to continue operations?

Nope! Reason why the concept of "necessary" is very subjective. I can travel economy from A to B, but somebody could find necessary to buy a new private jet to make the same travel...

On 7/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, wogojump said:

Your response is flawed. From my understanding Ripple has been established for 7 years. Many would consider this outside of the startup phase.  Even if you disagree they are still a startup, there is no clear consensus on how many years it will take to not be "start up that has to cover costs". Companies will always have reasons to cover costs, regardless on when they originated.

Lets say there is a clear line when this can be hit (which there is not).  It is incorrect that Ripple will not have any reasons to sell XRP in the future.  They will have plenty of reasons, which we will see them continue to sell in the future.  The only way I would see them to not have having a reason to sell XRP in the future, is if XRP gets close to a value of 0.

7 years is new. 

Let's look at history for a comparable situation ..... How do you feel about the U.S. government holding such a vast quantity of land after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803? It effectively doubled the size of the U.S.., and it left the government with a MAJOR problem: How to distribute 830,000 SQUARE MILES of land. It took a while, but it worked out, didn't it? Ripple should look at some of the same distribution strategies employed, tweaking the ones that didn't work so well ... 

2 hours ago, RobertHarpool said:

Let's look at history for a comparable situation ..... How do you feel about the U.S. government holding such a vast quantity of land after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803? It effectively doubled the size of the U.S.., and it left the government with a MAJOR problem: How to distribute 830,000 SQUARE MILES of land. It took a while, but it worked out, didn't it? Ripple should look at some of the same distribution strategies employed, tweaking the ones that didn't work so well ... 

Oh well, i didnt know that people at that time had choice to which government to follow in the same state.

Cuase currently You dont have to pick Ripple there are many alternatives that are not as value centralised as XRP is. Also i didnt know that land can be destroyed and making it disappear increases value of all the other parts equally. damn you learn something new every day.

You compare totally different things bud it sounds similar so you go with it, doesn't that look wierd?

On 7/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, Caracappa said:

It's a risk with every coin, also the mined ones. Everything that can be collected will have 'the 1% majority holding the most'. Even FIAT does.

If there is always an (or a couple of) entity holding majority, I prefer that to be an entity spending those holdings on building a bigger eco system instead of purely growing it's own bankaccount or paying electricity bills with it. And yes, perhaps stupidly, I believe Ripple is actually investing it in broadening the usecase and fundamentals.

If they are just saving up money on an account somewhere and then leave to a tropical Island then many were fooled...

This is too naive imo. Companies are the most greedy organisations, even more so i argue then individuals. The only objective of a company is to make money (Its even defined this way where I live) . Its not about fairness, stagnation, prosperity of employees. Look at the biggest companies in the world and then look at ripple, somehow you think ripple is an angel/outcast that is somehow different. Common now.

Now you can argue, xrp such an asset, for sure if its valued more = more money so it goes with what i said, well,  what if i know it wont be used as much as predicted if im the company would i ever admit it ? Not before i sell every last XRP i wouldnt,  noone would. Also would i focus on something else or just full on XRP if i knew its enormous potential and value of first comes first served?  Everything has two sides.

Edited by Tyvole
1 hour ago, Tyvole said:

This is too naive imo. Companies are the most greedy organisations, even more so i argue then individuals. The only objective of a company is to make money (Its even defined this way where I live) . Its not about fairness, stagnation, prosperity of employees. Look at the biggest companies in the world and then look at ripple, somehow you think ripple is an angel/outcast that is somehow different. Common now.

Now you can argue, xrp such an asset, for sure if its valued more = more money so it goes with what i said, well,  what if i know it wont be used as much as predicted if im the company would i ever admit it ? Not before i sell every last XRP i wouldnt,  noone would. Also would i focus on something else or just full on XRP if i knew its enormous potential and value of first comes first served?  Everything has two sides.

I think there are some extremely greedy companies just as there are individuals. The greed of the company is usually defined by the individual(s) steering it. But thats purely my experience with both of them.

Agreed that if Ripple knew XRP is out the window they would milk the cow till it's dry. I just think it's way to early to say its out and there are other reasons they need to lower the percentages they and some founders hold.

They've been communicating for years that it's about laying the rails of the network globally first (Xcurrent) to make it worth it for a train (Xrapid) to even consider riding it. 2 years of the 3-5 years passed of that strategy. It's even delayed as Brad said in 2018 allready, they expected broad regulations earlier in the proces. This all is my opinion mixed with some communicated facts.

So to those thinking XRP is done, fine! To those who think it isn't, fine also! Place your bets wherever you like.

Good luck to both sides!

On 7/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, Tyvole said:

Yhe its kinda surprising when you think about it to give them so much xrp, if they had plan  what xrp should become and why they needed 100bil, WHY THE FK WOULD THEY DO THAT?

it smells.

dislike do not want GIF

The 100 bil was not something they "needed". It's not part of a design (like some like to spread to have a 10k$/xrp).

I think at that point it was difficult to see what this all could become and impossible to oversee the future so they went with something that sounded reasonable to them at the time.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

It'll be worth 1 Trillion at $20, at that point it becomes a game, why not try to get 1 Quadrillion? I would.  Amazon is at about 800 Billion, it would be interesting to see if the media still didn't mention XRP or Ripple and it was the highest value company in the world.

Don't be so cynical. Of course the news would mention if they are the richest company in the world. Cynical people really rub me the wrong way. 

20 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Let's assume that Ripple's XRP sales put downward pressure on the price. Let's also assume they have to continue selling at the rate to fund the day-to-operations of the company. 

Yes