Tyvole

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

• They should have More (Please expand)
    • Im ok with it
    • I dont care
    • I dont like it
    • They should own Less (Please expand)
    • They should burn it all (Please expand)

17 minutes ago, Bettergoham said:

If you are here holding XRP there are a few things you need to be ok with because it is the literal RISK portion of holding this and any other cryptocurrency:

1. The cryptocurrency is labeled a security and the value goes to zero
  2. A majority holder(s) (Ripple) or any whale in any cryptocurrency decides to sell their tokens and move on driving price incredibly low
  3. The cryptocurrency fails to gain traction (utility), asset holders lose hope, sell in droves, and the price goes to zero
  4. The network/blockchain undergoes a massive attack permanently damaging the trust, investors are scared and sell driving the price to zero

EVERY DIGITAL ASSET suffers from 1 or more of these risks at varying degrees, if they didn't there would be no upside return possible.  The fact that you all want to focus on one issue is asinine borderline trolling. 

Maybe I don't fully understand how this works, but... How can the price go to $0 and Ripple still use XRP to transfer and settle money/value?  They have an internal valuation set to something but the public price is $0?

Posted (edited)

I'm not voting because the choices are too limited. The topic is worth discussing, though.

The biggest problem I have is that hodlrs are not able to participate in the story, other than by speculating. That requires blind faith and conviction. I'm not big on blind faith, and there are lots of ways XRP can disappoint, at least theoretically.

I'm sorry XRP's creators didn't figure out a way to let small XRP owners stake the coin.

It's a rock and hard place on supply. If they sell big the price is affected. If they don't they own too much. No way to win.

Way too much supply for small burns to make much difference and I think they think in the long run the supply is needed, otherwise why create so much to begin with?

It's a predicament more than it is a problem. No easy way out, except for the real users to buy Ripple out over time.

Edited by dr_ed

1 minute ago, dr_ed said:

I'm not voting because the choices are too limited. The topic is worth discussing, though.

The biggest problem I have is that hodlrs are not able to participate in the story, other than by speculating. I'm sorry XRP's creators didn't figure out a way to let small XRP owners stake the coin.

It's a rock and hard place on supply. If they sell big the price is affected. If they don't they own too much. No way to win.

Way too much supply for small burns to make much difference and I think they think in the long run the supply is needed, otherwise why create so much to begin with?

It's a predicament more than it is a problem. No easy way out, except for the real users to buy Ripple out over time.

What choices you think we could use in the poll? Suggest just so next time we know.

Are you even serious?  - "we hear about some initiative such as xpring,  but its such a small initiative."  Ripple pours $500 million into XSpring to develop the XRP ecosystem and you mischaracterize this as "small?"  What about the University Blockchain Initiative? I guess that's just another "small" initiative as well. The two issues that Ripple has previously identified as hurdles to more rapid adoption, were liquidity and the lack of regulatory clarity. The MoneyGram deal goes a long way in addressing the first, and all indications are that the second will either be clarified or become a non-issue soon. As for the intentions of Ripple?  Having such a large stockpile of XRP in escrow allows them to not only execute on their plan, but to demonstrate their good intentions along the way.  Donor's Choose was but one great example of their philanthropical intentions. How many "scam" corporations, especially in their early years, would opt to give such generous amounts of money away? And how many partners do you think would've signed up with Ripple if you think it was all a ponzi scheme? Polls and other posts such as this, imho, reflect a basic lack of immaturity, in that they reflect an impatience that's woefully ignorant of the amount of time and effort that's necessary to create something of lasting value. That's why most people "can't hang" with the process of earning an M.D. degree - far too much time invested in doing the necessary hard work, with little to no "reward" along the way: mostly only stress.  Everyone seems to want to get into the "instantaneous gratification" line, to the point where it's almost become epidemic.   

1 minute ago, Tyvole said:

What choices you think we could use in the poll? Suggest just so next time we know.

Of course they should own less, from my perspective as a hodlr. That's  an absolute no-brainer. Who in their right mind would say otherwise? I know that, and Ripple knows that. You know that. We're all in agreement. 

Why would anybody want them to own more? That's just stupid.

I think they could consider burning more, when they sell big. That would be a sign they care about the little guys. But they can't burn much, imho. Their master plan calls for the supply they created.

It would be largely symbolic, but not a bad idea. Staking would have been far better. imho

10 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Of course they should own less, from my perspective as a hodlr. That's  an absolute no-brainer. Who in their right mind would say otherwise? I know that, and Ripple knows that. You know that. We're all in agreement. 

I think they could consider burning more, when they sell big. That would be a sign they care about the little guys. But they can't burn much, imho. Their master plan calls for the supply they created.

It would be largely symbolic, but not a bad idea. Staking would have been far better. imho

Could you provide more detail about staking? How would that work.

16 minutes ago, WuWei said:

Are you even serious?  - "we hear about some initiative such as xpring,  but its such a small initiative."  Ripple pours $500 million into XSpring to develop the XRP ecosystem and you mischaracterize this as "small?"  What about the University Blockchain Initiative? I guess that's just another "small" initiative as well. The two issues that Ripple has previously identified as hurdles to more rapid adoption, were liquidity and the lack of regulatory clarity. The MoneyGram deal goes a long way in addressing the first, and all indications are that the second will either be clarified or become a non-issue soon. As for the intentions of Ripple?  Having such a large stockpile of XRP in escrow allows them to not only execute on their plan, but to demonstrate their good intentions along the way.  Donor's Choose was but one great example of their philanthropical intentions. How many "scam" corporations, especially in their early years, would opt to give such generous amounts of money away? And how many partners do you think would've signed up with Ripple if you think it was all a ponzi scheme? Polls and other posts such as this, imho, reflect a basic lack of immaturity, in that they reflect an impatience that's woefully ignorant of the amount of time and effort that's necessary to create something of lasting value. That's why most people "can't hang" with the process of earning an M.D. degree - far too much time invested in doing the necessary hard work, with little to no "reward" along the way: mostly only stress.  Everyone seems to want to get into the "instantaneous gratification" line, to the point where it's almost become epidemic.   

Yes im serious in my opinion its peanuts. Most of the money invested is not even in xrp related projects, I cant say much about university investments, That's pretty vague.

And its not like they dont get anything for their investments lol. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Could you provide more detail about staking? How would that work.

It would have had to be designed in....a little late for that now. See how VET stakes as an example of how it could have been done.

Or TRX. They have functional staking,

And that's just one man's perspective (mine). DS might see if far differently. 

Edited by dr_ed

I don't like the fact that every time the Mail person, UPS, Fedex, motorcycle, diesel truck, transfer truck, non-mufflered vehicle, person walking, or anything else that happens my german shepherd gets up barking like she's ready to pounce someone, (FYI she loves the people in vehicles) but I put up with knowing it will pass in time and that she's a great dog. There is not much that can be done about it. I could reprimand her, but then if someone breaks in the house she may not defend herself or the family. I could feed her treats everytime to get her attention off of it, but that doesn't last long. In the end it is annoying and is cause for concern if she ever got out of her fence, but in the end I know my dog cares about me and I care about the dog. 

I don't think there is a good answer. As competition begins to heat up in the crypto space, the escrow may become what allows the xrp ecosystem to grow and establish dominance. It could also cause such a concern for investors and businesses that the escrow itself kills the ecosystem. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

I think the 100 Billion supply wasn't necessarily a master plan but I remember David saying that they thought 100 Million was not enough and 100 Trillion was too much at the time. So 100 Billion was the best choice at the time. Perhaps if they could rethink that decision given what they know now, they would elect to have less.

Ripple will be the majority holder of XRP for a long time, probably for as long as XRP remains relevant.

6 hours ago, Tyvole said:

***** please, again the research card lol common everyone knows whats up, everyone knows about escrow etc, its not like you did some physics and mathematical string theory research we all did same fuckin research child could do it, The difference is , there are people who can reflect on the situation as is now, and be critical in their thinking, its not whining its responding to the data jesus fuckin christ. You whine about people you view as whiners what a fool.

Its discussion about situation, sorry its not hopium thread or some empty shell dot conecting.. i appologize please forgive me.

In reality it doesnt mean people cry for their money when they can be critical or have different opinions. You lack different perspective.

I feel many enjoy to boast how Informed they are How they know all the dot connecting and partnerships and how they follow the right people on twitter and YouTube where they share the BEST INFO THAT TRUE INVESTORS KNOW ABOUT, that is tribalism my friend.

Jeeeez

Animated GIF

Im Sorry to break it to you bud BUYING XRP DOESNT MAKE YOU ROCKET SCIENTIST and that RESEARCH YOU DID IS NOT PUBLISHED IN SCIENCE JOURNAL.

Everyone's voice deserves to be heard in life without being belittled. Perhaps there are instances when that shouldn't happen, but even you should be given that voice so others can make up their own minds. 

1 minute ago, mistatee2000 said:

Everyone's voice deserves to be heard in life without being belittled. Perhaps there are instances when that shouldn't happen, but even you should be given that voice so others can make up their own minds. 

become pope francis GIF

Posted (edited)

Why would they NEED 100B coins when one XRP can me broken down to the millionth or more (Bitcoin breaks down to the 100 millionth)? 

I think it's just to keep the price down. 

If we have the same market cap as today and a supply matching Bitcoin, the price would be $768 per XRP.

Why does it matter if they send 2 XRP or 0.0474644 XRP?  These are smart people, there has to be a reason.

Edited by XRP_Almighty_Q

Ripple obviously has too much XRP but the real problem, in my opinion, is the 20Bn held by the founders, a ludicrous amount, a scandal, a disgrace. Such a large amount that they can never ever sell all of it (not in their lifetimes, anyway). They should give at least half of it away as an airdrop/rights isuue - of course, Jed wouldn't participate but that's another story.

And why not airdrop another 25 Bn of the 50Bn+ stash at the same time?