Tyvole

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

• They should have More (Please expand)
    • Im ok with it
    • I dont care
    • I dont like it
    • They should own Less (Please expand)
    • They should burn it all (Please expand)

The question is if Ripple could survive as a business for another year if they did not have so many xrp to sell. Basically we all are making it possible for Ripple to continue their business. So, in that view we are the investors and are very important to Ripple. As long as we think we will get a nice return on our investment, hodl XRP and buy some more all is good. It would be magnificent if hodlers would get rewarded some how. Maybe by receiving some xrp for hodling.

...my 49 cents to the discussion... ;-)

14 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

In my opinion its how much ripple as a company is invested in. If you work on xrpl you must feel a bit like working for corporation in some sense. And dont rehearse that ripple and xrpl are separate , i know that no need to reiterate, im talking about how much you as developer that would not be funded, would indirectly fund ripple.

Agreed. That seems to be really an issue for them. (sadly)

What comes to Ripple selling XRP from their escrow, some of the money must go to developing the xrpl. They aren't buying lambos and **** with the money obviously.

This separates Bitcoin from Ripple; Ripple has to actually hire the people to develop their systems to make sure they will keep going into the right direction.

Nevertheless, It's not a coincidence that XRP is the 3rd biggest DA at the moment. We are looking at a ground-breaking innovation that will change the way payments are handled in the future.

11 minutes ago, QuizPops said:

. They aren't buying lambos and **** with the money obviously.

You don't know that. Ripple are backed by numerous private investors who all want their ROI, ripple is not transparent on where the money goes,people here assume it's for the good of xrp!

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, QuizPops said:

They aren't buying lambos and **** with the money obviously.

This separates Bitcoin from Ripple; Ripple has to actually hire the people to develop their systems to make sure they will keep going into the right direction.

Nevertheless, It's not a coincidence that XRP is the 3rd biggest DA at the moment. We are looking at a ground-breaking innovation that will change the way payments are handled in the future.

They might not be buying lambos bud they do buy stakes in companies and funds, some of them are made public bud wast majority as any privately held company are PRIVATE, we hear about some initiative such as xpring,  bud its such a small initiative, for all we know they might have allocation of 90% to non xrp ecosystem and 10% to xrp ecosystem. You as xrp holder wont know, that is a real truth and all you can do is TRUST, well im tired of trust , trust is what we have now in banking. and you can see how that goes.

We are looking at a ground-breaking innovation that will change the way payments are handled in the future.

If its really groundbreaking you dont need Ripple. Developers would find a right tool for the job and build upon it .. ehmehmDockerehmehmehm... You must understand that at some point, Ripple in XRP ecosystem WILL become a hindrance rather then benefit, what makes you think we aint at that point now?

So far i havent seen any big movement from Ripple when it comes to xrp, lot of good stuff for Ripple bud XRP is not benefiting in terms of utility at all.

Talk is cheap, volume is the truth.

Edited by Tyvole

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyvole said:

First mover advantage excuse can be used only to a point......

It is exactly my concern. The first mover excuse was used at the end of 2017. Now we are only 4 months from the end of 2019.

At the end of 2017 many of us investors said that Ripple would have at least a head start of 2 - 3 years on the competition. However time is running out.

What are we seeing now? Stellar (XLM) and Facebook (Libra) are in the picture. Within a short year these two will have become serious competitors in the field of pay and settlement.

It is high time to give XRP the trust and liquidity it needs to function as an international digital bridge asset. XRP must shine high above other digital assets and must portray the trust of the IMF, central banks, financial institutions and TIER3-2-1 banks.

According to Brad Garlinghouse own words. The Facebook - Libra plan "is a call to action" for all international banks for SWIFT(hopefully partnering with Ripple) and the security and stability of our financial system.

Walking is over... It is time to run.

Edited by cryptoxrp

36 minutes ago, elppir said:

The question is if Ripple could survive as a business for another year if they did not have so many xrp to sell. Basically we all are making it possible for Ripple to continue their business. So, in that view we are the investors and are very important to Ripple. As long as we think we will get a nice return on our investment, hodl XRP and buy some more all is good. It would be magnificent if hodlers would get rewarded some how. Maybe by receiving some xrp for hodling.

...my 49 cents to the discussion... ;-)

Im of different opinion, they are financially well off, they even boast about how well they do with customers. So I dont think they need XRP stash to fund their operation, I think this is just excess asset they have and its funding their expansion of investment portfolio. Which to XRP investors is like big shorter next door, yet they choose to ignore him cause he says its gonna be all good.

We lack critical thinking in XRP community IMO. There are facts and there is Hope/wishful thinking....In the end everything is reduced to binary outcome, either ripple is positive to xrp ecosystem or its a big shorter with not enough benefit to outweight the sell.

Who knows how this will develop.

Why did so many people invest in XRP if they are not happy with the volumes that Ripple has in escrow. It was always made clear by Ripple that their target market was never the retail investor, however, we have had the opportunity to get in at an early stage. If Ripple and XRP are truly successful, then the total amount of XRP available should just about do the job. If they are not successful then we have taken the gamble and failed, but please, if you did your research, you should have been aware of the facts or you should have left your money in a safe piggy bank under the bed.

The last time I read so much ranting was on the Earthport site when some "investors" were blaming the management for bad decisions and saying that the share price would go to rat s***. After the Visa acquisition, a number of the very vocal negative sooth sayers  just disappeared, maybe with their profits or with very little if they had already sold prior to the announcement - I guess it was a  very similar situation to what we are experiencing on XRPChat at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

They might not be buying lambos bud they do buy stakes in companies and funds, some of them are made public bud wast majority as any privately held company are PRIVATE, we hear about some initiative such as xpring,  bud its such a small initiative, for all we know they might have allocation of 90% to non xrp ecosystem and 10% to xrp ecosystem. You as xrp holder wont know, that is a real truth and all you can do is TRUST, well im tired of trust , trust is what we have now in banking. and you can see how that goes.

If its really groundbreaking you dont need Ripple. Developers would find a right tool for the job and build upon it .. ehmehmDockerehmehmehm... You must understand that at some point, Ripple in XRP ecosystem WILL become a hindrance rather then benefit, what makes you think we aint at that point now?

So far i havent seen any big movement from Ripple when it comes to xrp, lot of good stuff for Ripple bud XRP is not benefiting in terms of utility at all.

Talk is cheap, volume is the truth.

You are idealizing developers, I think. There are a huge number of advantages to a corporate format. The reason Ripple even exists at this point is case in point. It may fail, it may succeed, but the odds of it succeeding in this space are greatly increased by having a corporate format that is based upon providing profit for shareholders. Without it, there would be no way for them to leverage deals with banks and institutions. Your initial question bears discussion. I personally don't care about the number of XRP Ripple holds, because it is largely irrelevant. Adoption is what matters, and will drive speculation. If Ripple's ownership of so many XRP can drive adoption then I am all for it. Remember, economics is not zero sum. You don't need someone to sacrifice for another to gain. Suggestions to do so usually end up destroying the company. Successful companies only grow through efficiency gains. That is to say, they provide a better service, or the same service in a new and better (and cheaper) way. This efficiency growth results in a bigger pie. Percentages of who holds what need not change, if Ripple succeeds, we all get richer. Of course, we could insist on rearranging the proportions of who owns what, making ourselves richer and Ripple poorer, but ask yourself, in the long run, is the goal of XRP being used as a facilitator of cross border transfer more likely to be successful with no corporate vanguard pushing for it? If that were the case, why haven't we seen a fork of XRP that is fully distributed? We can easily make one. Then we will have no issues with any entity owning too much. We can have them distributed in a completely "fair" manner and set up a non-profit committee to govern it, similar to BTC. my question then, is why haven't we seen this? If there are no distinct advantages to having a corprorate structure pushing for adoption, then why hasn't such a distributed XRP copy come along? It should gain better adoption right? IMO the evidence that people prefer the corporate nature of Ripple's model, and don't care about the XRP Ripple owns is demonstrated by the fact that people keep putting money into it, including us. 

7 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Why did so many people invest in XRP if they are not happy with the volumes that Ripple has in escrow. It was always made clear by Ripple that their target market was never the retail investor, however, we have had the opportunity to get in at an early stage. If Ripple and XRP are truly successful, then the total amount of XRP available should just about do the job. If they are not successful then we have taken the gamble and failed, but please, if you did your research, you should have been aware of the facts or you should have left your money in a safe piggy bank under the bed.

The last time I read so much ranting was on the Earthport site when some "investors" were blaming the management for bad decisions and saying that the share price would go to rat s***. After the Visa acquisition, a number of the very vocal negative sooth sayers  just disappeared, maybe with their profits or with very little if they had already sold prior to the announcement - I guess it was a  very similar situation to what we are experiencing on XRPChat at the moment.

***** please, again the research card lol common everyone knows whats up, everyone knows about escrow etc, its not like you did some physics and mathematical string theory research we all did same fuckin research child could do it, The difference is , there are people who can reflect on the situation as is now, and be critical in their thinking, its not whining its responding to the data jesus fuckin christ. You whine about people you view as whiners what a fool.

Its discussion about situation, sorry its not hopium thread or some empty shell dot conecting.. i appologize please forgive me.

In reality it doesnt mean people cry for their money when they can be critical or have different opinions. You lack different perspective.

I feel many enjoy to boast how Informed they are How they know all the dot connecting and partnerships and how they follow the right people on twitter and YouTube where they share the BEST INFO THAT TRUE INVESTORS KNOW ABOUT, that is tribalism my friend.

Jeeeez

Animated GIF

Im Sorry to break it to you bud BUYING XRP DOESNT MAKE YOU ROCKET SCIENTIST and that RESEARCH YOU DID IS NOT PUBLISHED IN SCIENCE JOURNAL.

I am very happy that Ripple have so much XRP in reserve.  For my way of thinking it is one of the things that most guarantees the future success and development of the XRP ecosystem.  I am less happy with Chris Larsen and Jed's big stakes.  Whilst for the time being the money generated is being used by Ripple to fund the future of the Internet of Value and XRPecosystem I think there will inevitably develop a conflict of interest between Ripple and the users (governments, banks, fintech and individuals).  Users, especially central banks, will want the XRP reserve put into an international charity under an independent international management for the benefit of the XRP users. 

2 hours ago, Tyvole said:

Im wondering what is community take on this?

My take is this 'community' is made up with average people of various ages and levels of intelligence and maturity. Some are genuine XRP investors who wish to exchange info, others are the bizarre and lonely. Those whose lives are so empty they spread FUD online.

As for Ripple? It is made up of the who's, who of the technological and economics worlds. People at the very top of their game. They are connected globally and seem peerless in their ingenuity and potential. They hold information we can literally only guess at and so far as I can see have barely put a foot wrong in setting up what appears to be a new financial structure for the entire planet. Given this, I 'feel' like our feelings have absolutely zero baring on the policy of the company or the reality of the situation and that such polls (much like this post) are a complete waste of time.

If you believe in the project invest. If not, go away and let other who do go about their business.

17 minutes ago, Montoya said:

You are idealizing developers, I think. There are a huge number of advantages to a corporate format. The reason Ripple even exists at this point is case in point. It may fail, it may succeed, but the odds of it succeeding in this space are greatly increased by having a corporate format that is based upon providing profit for shareholders. Without it, there would be no way for them to leverage deals with banks and institutions. Your initial question bears discussion. I personally don't care about the number of XRP Ripple holds, because it is largely irrelevant. Adoption is what matters, and will drive speculation. If Ripple's ownership of so many XRP can drive adoption then I am all for it. Remember, economics is not zero sum. You don't need someone to sacrifice for another to gain. Suggestions to do so usually end up destroying the company. Successful companies only grow through efficiency gains. That is to say, they provide a better service, or the same service in a new and better (and cheaper) way. This efficiency growth results in a bigger pie. Percentages of who holds what need not change, if Ripple succeeds, we all get richer. Of course, we could insist on rearranging the proportions of who owns what, making ourselves richer and Ripple poorer, but ask yourself, in the long run, is the goal of XRP being used as a facilitator of cross border transfer more likely to be successful with no corporate vanguard pushing for it? If that were the case, why haven't we seen a fork of XRP that is fully distributed? We can easily make one. Then we will have no issues with any entity owning too much. We can have them distributed in a completely "fair" manner and set up a non-profit committee to govern it, similar to BTC. my question then, is why haven't we seen this? If there are no distinct advantages to having a corprorate structure pushing for adoption, then why hasn't such a distributed XRP copy come along? It should gain better adoption right? IMO the evidence that people prefer the corporate nature of Ripple's model, and don't care about the XRP Ripple owns is demonstrated by the fact that people keep putting money into it, including us. 

You have some fair points, bud I strongly disagree with what you said:

If that were the case, why haven't we seen a fork of XRP that is fully distributed? We can easily make one.

Its not as easy as doing GIT CLONE common ! Its not just repo that we are talking about here and having  hardware to run software...

Im not trying to idealise developers, what im building upon is what we can all agree on, tech is sound and we have use-cases for it, if there is a tool/solution to a problem, it will get used even without Ripples big stash floating around as incentive. There is just no need for it. Why would i have to pay you so you can solve your problem ? Its not like transition to use xrpl would cripple your bank account.

So far we can see that even xrp under market value is not enough to get utility going.

3 minutes ago, XRPRJB said:

My take is this 'community' is made up with average people of various ages and levels of intelligence and maturity. Some are genuine XRP investors who wish to exchange info, others are the bizarre and lonely. Those whose lives are so empty they spread FUD online.

As for Ripple? It is made up of the who's, who of the technological and economics worlds. People at the very top of their game. They are connected globally and seem peerless in their ingenuity and potential. They hold information we can literally only guess at and so far as I can see have barely put a foot wrong in setting up what appears to be a new financial structure for the entire planet. Given this, I 'feel' like our feelings have absolutely zero baring on the policy of the company or the reality of the situation and that such polls (much like this post) are a complete waste of time.

If you believe in the project invest. If not, go away and let other who do go about their business.

So basically lets discontinue xrpchat.com ,,,  all you need is cryptonews site get your dose and keep on keeping on.

Everyone is xrpinvestor even the fudster who has some agenda, he already invests time into xrp, dude that comes here and cries or the hype man that posts smallest of news as huge.... We are all in same bucket...

This poll is just informative omfg its not supossed to move price or influence people lol, what are we twelve. Who takes this site seriously when it comes to investing money? Its just PUB...