Tyvole

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Ripple holding such wast quantity of XRP?

• They should have More (Please expand)
    • Im ok with it
    • I dont care
    • I dont like it
    • They should own Less (Please expand)
    • They should burn it all (Please expand)

Posted (edited)

Please share this POLL on twitter to get biggest possible sample size not only fanatics of xrpchat should vote. It might bring more people to forums and get us bigger set of data (We could be biased after so much time here, new people and mainly develpers  and their opinion is important, even if we dont agree with their opinion). :clapping:

To expend on my vote - I dont see much benefit of having such a wast quantity of XRP,  You can provide incentive with using XRPL/ILP via dev support or with way smaller amount of XRP, there is no need for one entity to hold such excessive amount.

What would be different if they hold lets say 10-20% of XRP? Compared to what they have now. All its doing its putting so much pressure and eyes on ripple to take care of xrp, and discourage others to invest. Its unnecessary risk.

Edited by Tyvole

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LiquidGoat said:

They have owned it since the beginning, everyone here bought xrp knowing that. It’s a none topic imo.

Software development / Leading a company  is not a static process, you can burn part of it to reward people active in ecosystem and reduce risk on potential investors. As i said, what is a difference if i own 50% of the pie compared to 10% if i want to share benefits of eating a pie with as many people as possible?  That is what PR is always bragging about.

Edited by Tyvole

1 minute ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Of course less, people here justifying them dumping it on exchanges to "increase liquidity" are deluding themselves. They can just give it away for free with some conditions! They are dumping them because they need the money to please their venture capitalists

Bud you voted more :D , I want this to reflect true opinion of community bro, no trollio

sand dune ok GIF

There might be people who truly believe they should have more, we need to hear their take on this out as well.

3 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Bud you voted more :D , I want this to reflect true opinion of community bro, no trollio

sand dune ok GIF

There might be people who truly believe they should have more, we need to hear their take on this out as well.

Lol must have pressed wrongly,changed back!

Who cares really if they hold so much XRP? It's escrowed for a reason.

Most of BTC is owned by Chinese miners and it's still the #1 crypto out there. No one really seems to understand that.

We're still living the early days of crypto and maybe some day we will see actual utility driven prices. For now it's just a complete **** show with all the whales and manipulators. They have already made huge amounts of money and they couldn't care less about utility and actual use cases. All they see is free retail money up for grabs.

Posted (edited)

It is clear that the Ripple shareholders own a disproportional amount of XRP. This XRP should be largely used by financial institutions to incentivise the network. Only a small portion should be used for covering Ripple operational costs. Additionally I believe that at least 40% of the total XRP supply should be burned to improve trust in the digital asset as it is.

With such a large amount of XRP in single hands there will be no trust vectored into XRP. If this does not change in the very near future then the chance of XRP failing as a digital bridge asset becomes a consideration. The greed of a few is allways what kills a perfect technological solution. The world is about sharing.

Edited by cryptoxrp

im ok with it. The escrow is a huge bargining chip that allows much flexibility to ensure a successful outcome to the stated mission(s). I have a history in being invovled in social change for the betterment's of all, im glad to be invovled in this one and Ripple have made a huge impact.

For me life is about the means, not the ends.

13 minutes ago, QuizPops said:

Who cares really if they hold so much XRP? It's escrowed for a reason.

Most of BTC is owned by Chinese miners and it's still the #1 crypto out there. No one really seems to understand that.

We're still living the early days of crypto and maybe some day we will see actual utility driven prices. For now it's just a complete **** show with all the whales and manipulators. They have already made huge amounts of money and they couldn't care less about utility and actual use cases. All they see is free retail money up for grabs.

Bud is it really same to compare Chinese miners and ripple? In the wording itself, its multiple entities vs One entity, Ripple, even if its like 10-20 biggest Chinese mining operators that hold majority , its still at least several hounded percent more distributed then majority of XRP.

20 minutes ago, Tyvole said:

Bud is it really same to compare Chinese miners and ripple? In the wording itself, its multiple entities vs One entity, Ripple, even if its like 10-20 biggest Chinese mining operators that hold majority , its still at least several hounded percent more distributed then majority of XRP.

My point is who would you trust more: some shady Chinese mining companies who can basically do whatever they want with their BTC or a big company such as Ripple which is monitored by several authorities in the USA?