Sign in to follow this  
musclehog

using the word hopium on xrpchat in 2019.......

3 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I suggest the cold turkey method:  DM the mods to delete your account and live happily ever after. 

How can you say such a thing to a valuable community member? I don't want to miss the $10 Vegas party :(

3 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You have way too much hopium, the party will be by invitation only. 

Ah damn there goes my Vegas hopes then disappearing... in a blink of an eye :(

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, musclehog said:

we dont know if it was correct or not. No one knows what was implemented on that massive maintenance schedule.

Banks have a mass maintenance schedule for international payments. We own the currency potentially going to be used for international payments on DLT and you call that hopium???? That DLT company who created the currency are partnered with a lot of those banks. Hopium much??? 

You and @MemberBerry are two that i straight up am from now on going to refuse to engage with. You joined in jun 19 and just trash everything on here. Sorry bud but you're a FUDster. Dont @ me or quote back. Not interested in anything you have to say chief. 

I used the "ignore user" option for Cooliozxrp and Tyvole who come across as both dimwitted and unwilling to ever engage in proper debate - hover over their avatar to find button - it works like magic.  The problem is that when we see their banal messages we get tempted to answer, and then they feel rewarded, so they keep on coming and feeding their habit.

I agree the word hopium has become a word that the stupidest trolls use again and again to pour pessimism on every bit of unconfirmed speculation. Hope is a very good quality to have.  It the virtue that drives us to get up in the morning, see opportunities and to to take chances.  In medieval literature they used to believe that "Abandon all Hope" was written over the gates of Hell because to abandon hope is to abandon your opportunity to have a happy and rewarding life.

There are people who are over optimistic.  I do not think that SWIFT are using XRP in their tests, but I came to this conclusion after following XRPchat and reading messages from both sides of the debate.

Edited by Julian_Williams

4 hours ago, musclehog said:

So dont talk about anything until it is a fact. Thats not how it works. Why would you not want to hear about potential partners and growth of your investment. 

There's two sides of everything though - you need pessimists as well so that we go into some sort of a discussion, otherwise it's just blind hyping which is equally bad for the space. I don't have that much against ultra speculative threads and opinions - the problem is, especially on Twitter, most of the users are not believing it as well and are trying to pretty much mislead every crypto new joiner by promising them triple digits and screaming HODL while secretly dumping their bags.