BeSeriousXRP

I'm out.

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

Investing in any new technology whether crypto or otherwise is a gamble, albeit a calculated gamble

You shouldn't bet what you cant afford to lose and as such im holding my stock as a long term investment and have written off the cost 

Im holding in excess of 130k xrp and have picked them up over the last 2 years or so at different price points, i have an expectation and hope of seeing $5 - $7 dollars and once this hits i will sell a proportion of my stock to provide a better lifestyle for my family but i will still hold some XRP as speculative on the basis we may moon into the $50 mark

Incidentally i live in the UK and the tax implications on crypto profit have recently changed for the worse, 12 months ago little to no tax was paid on profits, now its at 20%, in a few years time HMRC may well put this up further (as they wake upto the fact that big margins could be made for the savvy investor), which may having a profound effect on my thought process at the selling point, the exchange rate from USD to GBP also adds a curve ball into the mix as this is volatile with the world economy etc

I believe in the technology and Ripple and no amount of bumps in the road or FUD will force my sale

Move to holland because here you pay 0,6% up to 1,6%  on what your crypto's are worth on 1 januari, and not a cent more!

And whenever i might get lucky and become a millionaire, then i'm going to move to some tax paradise where the palm trees live

and the sea is as clear and warm as my pool, and then never pay taxes again and be gone out of europe 4ever, because europe is doomed

with al those dead beats that wash upon our shores, and the europeans have to work until they are 70 years old, because they need to pay taxes so

that the deadbeats can sit on their asses for the rest of their stinking lives. Well not me! i'm not going to stay a tax slave 4ever!

11 minutes ago, retep said:

Move to holland because here you pay 0,6% up to 1,6%  on what your crypto's are worth on 1 januari, and not a cent more!

And whenever i might get lucky and become a millionaire, then i'm going to move to some tax paradise where the palm trees live

and the sea is as clear and warm as my pool, and then never pay taxes again and be gone out of europe 4ever, because europe is doomed

with al those dead beats that wash upon our shores, and the europeans have to work until they are 70 years old, because they need to pay taxes so

that the deadbeats can sit on their asses for the rest of their stinking lives. Well not me! i'm not going to stay a tax slave 4ever!

good luck to my friend

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

Investing in any new technology whether crypto or otherwise is a gamble, albeit a calculated gamble

You shouldn't bet what you cant afford to lose and as such im holding my stock as a long term investment and have written off the cost 

Im holding in excess of 130k xrp and have picked them up over the last 2 years or so at different price points, i have an expectation and hope of seeing $5 - $7 dollars and once this hits i will sell a proportion of my stock to provide a better lifestyle for my family but i will still hold some XRP as speculative on the basis we may moon into the $50 mark

Incidentally i live in the UK and the tax implications on crypto profit have recently changed for the worse, 12 months ago little to no tax was paid on profits, now its at 20%, in a few years time HMRC may well put this up further (as they wake upto the fact that big margins could be made for the savvy investor), which may having a profound effect on my thought process at the selling point, the exchange rate from USD to GBP also adds a curve ball into the mix as this is volatile with the world economy etc

I believe in the technology and Ripple and no amount of bumps in the road or FUD will force my sale

That sounds like a sound plan. Looks like you're in for the long hall.

I think this market is pretty good for people who can hold and withstand these bear markets.

By withstand the bear market I mean just ride it out and not get caught up with all of the volatility and what not.

20 hours ago, retep said:

Dude, you are greedy aswel, or else you wouldn't have bought crypto's yourself, so stop being a hypocrite and pointing fingers at others, 

because we ALL are here in the hope to get rich! 

I am not pointing fingers. Of course I am in it for the money, not denying that, but on the other hand I do not complain because I haven't become a millionaire in a few months with an $15.000 investment. You realize how insane it is to seriously expect that. At around 2027 if the price is still around $0.3 or lower then yes I would be a bit frustrated, but I will take it and try not to be a cry baby. I made an investment, I lost some money, I move on. Big deal.

1 hour ago, Staigera said:

How is he a loser?  By abandoning this hopium filled cult wagon and gained profits by doing so. If anything we are the losers for sticking to this dumpster asset that needs a gazillion years to maybe give some kind of gains.

In my eyes he is the winner and that he comes here to brag about it is his god damn right to do so.

There has been a lot of what you described in all crytpos, though it burns the brightest with XRP in my opinion, and The Sunk Cost Fallacy applies.  It has been decreasing a lot as of late.  A year ago, my gut told me that there were way too many people expecting a bounce to happen too fast, and that this would have to die off before a new cycle could begin, if ever.  The old adage, a watched pot never boils comes to mind.  With all the negatives in regards to sell offs and programmatic sales, Ripple and XRP are still in a unique position that still fundamentally is worth going long.  And since the chances of nothing happening are greater than anything else, one should limit the amount invested and diversify in other cryptos as well as traditional assets.

The Sunk Cost Fallacy. The Misconception: You make rational decisions based on the future value of objects, investments and experiences. The Truth: Your decisions are tainted by the emotional investments you accumulate, and the more you invest in something the harder it becomes to abandon it.

I bought xrp same time as you, May 2017. Got my initial investment out of it thanks to the December 2017 pump. I am patient and gave this project 3years of my time. By May 2020 I will review again my investment and reconsider my strategy whether to hold or not. 

1 hour ago, retep said:

Swapping xrp for btc at 10k is not such a good idea at this time. I wait and see if xrp goes up, but as soon it goes below 30 cents, then i'm going

to swap them for dollars and then wait until btc is at it's lowest point again and then buy btc, because when it's low enough, then the only 

way is up again, because xrp doesn't go anywere as we could see for the past 6 months. Hell, i didn't stepped into crypto's to park my money 

for years and years and maybe make a small profit, if ever, but to make money fast, because that's the whole idea of crypto's, making fast money.

And even when xrp would come back alive again, well then i can always buy them aswel, but at this time i'm no longer going to wait and watch my

investment dry up to almost nothing, because i already lost 2/3 by now, so to get even, xrp needs to go up with 300%, and i don't see that happen

for a long time to come, so in the meantime i prefer to gamble with btc and make some money while xrp keeps on dying some more.

Hell, i started with 1,1 btc, but swaped it for xrp and wish i never did that, because by now i could have had 3,3 up to 4,4 btc,

so i say byebye xrp as soon it dares to drop below 30 cents. And in may 2020, btc is halving again, so that might cause a huge price increase,

so btc here i come!

I was talking about if he traded xrp back when btc was around 5k or even 3k not now now it makes no sense.

37 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I am not pointing fingers. Of course I am in it for the money, not denying that, but on the other hand I do not complain because I haven't become a millionaire in a few months with an $15.000 investment. You realize how insane it is to seriously expect that. At around 2027 if the price is still around $0.3 or lower then yes I would be a bit frustrated, but I will take it and try not to be a cry baby. I made an investment, I lost some money, I move on. Big deal.

No one is complaining that they don't become a millionaire in a few months, so you're all wrong there. And i'm not going to wait until 2027 so see xrp being still

at 30 cents, because then i could have better left my money on the bank at a 1% rate or whatever low interest they pay these days.

8 minutes ago, Staigera said:

I was talking about if he traded xrp back when btc was around 5k or even 3k not now now it makes no sense.

i wish i did swap my xrp for btc in januari of this year alright, but i didn't so what a mistake, but i sure learned from it,

and this won't happen to me ever again, beause as soon btc drops below 5k, i'm sure going to buy because after that

the only way is up, while xrp is going nowere. Well maybe not, but i'm not going to wait and see if xrp comes out of it's coma.

23 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Everyone is expecting these sky high prices and I would just be happy if it stabilized at $1.00

No joke. It’s go big or go home here. I think people throw these big numbers out just to ease the pain of reality. $50 by 2022?! But it’s .30 cents at the moment. And has been nose diving for a year and a half.

Its like having a dead end low skill job and being like I’m going to go back to school and be a doctor! Sounds great, it could happen, it’s not impossible....but highly improbable. 

If xrp increases, it will be less fluid than the ATH run we saw end of 2017. There’s no rush to “buy low”, cause it will be this low 30, 60, 90 days from now. 

1 hour ago, retep said:

i wish i did swap my xrp for btc in januari of this year alright, but i didn't so what a mistake, but i sure learned from it,

and this won't happen to me ever again, beause as soon btc drops below 5k, i'm sure going to buy because after that

the only way is up, while xrp is going nowere. Well maybe not, but i'm not going to wait and see if xrp comes out of it's coma.

I get you. If at the time I invested in xrp I did in BTC and holded till now I would have had. 20 btc. And if I sold around 10k I don't think I would have held till 13k I would now have 100k profit. 

That's what I had hoped with xrp too. And for that xrp only had to be at around 1 fcing Euro!

Instead here we are the only one being laughed at. While almost 95% of the ppl here were laughing at btc holders, INCLUDING my du.mb a$$ self.

But that's over, no more, this asset can go straight to hell the moment it dca im in the btc camp. And if I make some nice gains from it I'll  come in a year back and see if I was right.

If so I'll back some xrp if the progression is going well like now. If xrp moons to 100$ so be it.

But i doubt it, can even go to 0.8 next year.

Edited by Staigera

14 hours ago, Staigera said:

What part of "balls deep" didn't you get?

If this thing could move up for once more then a few cents some ppl might hit their dca so they can break even.

I don't know about @K41105 but if I would sell now with a dca of around 50 I would have minus 42k so yeahhh not happening.

Good thing running a business is still profitable.

As I said - Not a Financial Advisor, but why go Balls Deep in something so uncertain as a new asset class? That is a recipe for gut wrenching angst.

It's a lesson to us all, High Return is High Risk.  

Crypto is a big risk, so many things could wipe out any, or many, of the tokens (and was even more a risk a year ago). 

All the best and i hope that we all do very well, but if it is making you really angry you need to way up your losses vs your health.

28 minutes ago, Staigera said:

I get you. If at the time I invested in xrp I did in BTC and holded till now I would have had. 20 btc. And if I sold around 10k I don't think I would have held till 13k I would now have 100k profit. 

That's what I had hoped with xrp too. And for that xrp only had to be at around 1 fcing Euro!

Instead here we are the only one being laughed at. While almost 95% of the ppl here were laughing at btc holders, INCLUDING my du.mb a$$ self.

But that's over, no more, this asset can go straight to hell the moment it dca im in the btc camp. And if I make some nice gains from it I'll  come in a year back and see if I was right.

If so I'll back some xrp if the progression is going well like now. If xrp moons to 100$ so be it.

But i doubt it, can even go to 0.8 next year.

xrp to 100 dollar. :lol:

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Everyone is expecting these sky high prices and I would just be happy if it stabilized at $1.00

it's stable alright..........@ 30 cents that is. :lol:

But i would be happy too when it would hit 1 dollar, because then i have my investment back and them swap them for dollars

and then wait until btc drops below 5k again, and then swap my dollars for btc.