3 hours ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

I bought my 50K XRP in May 2017 at $0.322

After waiting for more than two years I sold at the same price today.

This XRP is going nowhere as long as no banks are going to use it, Ripple and Jed keep dumping and no other real usecases exists.

Traded for BTC today.

Spent $16k, saw it go to $160k within 7 months, back down where you started... now you sell? Damn.

11 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

Spent $16k, saw it go to $160k within 7 months, back down where you started... now you sell? Damn.

Benefit of hindsight. However if someone is that committed to HODL'ing then it's quite defeatist to just give up as the OP did now, at the same price as bought at. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

This XRP is going nowhere as long as no banks are going to use it, Ripple and Jed keep dumping and no other real usecases exists.

Traded for BTC today.

I will say though, trading for BTC isn't a terrible idea in that BTC looks like it will, at the very least, test its ATH. I'm in XRP mostly (99%) because I believe that XRP has more upside. It also feels like less of a gamble to invest in something that has real word usage beyond simply being 'digital gold'. Even if BTC is a safer 'bet', I'm swinging for the fences with my XRP investment. Get-filthy-rich-or-go-home. 

Edited by baobeiiiii

3 hours ago, SevenBees said:

I don't know sometimes people like @Graine make that announcement and it speaks.

No, it's just silly to me. If you based your investment thesis on the merits of a single individual just affirms how clueless and ill-advised you are.

5 hours ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Traded for BTC today.

To not even sell a portion of your holdings after XRP pumped to $1+ is a head scratcher at best. Sell a portion to get to breakeven and then let the rest ride. Buying BTC at this point with BTC dominance so high is essentially buying into resistance. Not smart if you ask me. But I could be wrong.

I also respect and understand your decision to sell. It's your money, you do as you please. And considering how the markets have been moving recently, BTC seems to be a better choice for gains. Also, no one can call you out for not believing in XRP or Ripple. Holding from the time you bought in until now speaks for itself. Good luck!

1 hour ago, RubMyXRPs said:

in - out - in - out 

hope you had fun.

:sarcastic:

Come tax time it will be in - out - in - out

hmmm the same as what your talking about?🥴

I don't understand why tax will be a problem.

Tax is only for the profits. You take profits, you pay 40% taxes on profits but you still keep 60% of the profits.

If not, you pay zero taxes but you make no profits.

7 hours ago, baobeiiiii said:

It's a psychological phenomenon known as 'affirmation'. He wants us to tell him that he/she made the right decision. Of course, now that he has sold the price will rocket up, and for that I thank him or her. 

For every buyer there's a seller using that logic xrp should just be at a stable price then oh wait....

10 hours ago, BeSeriousXRP said:

Traded for BTC today.

Reminds me of a post when we were at 2.50 or so and the OP got a lot of heat from everyone. Well he made a good call! 

I kinda think or maybe it’s just wishful thinking, this will play out the other way around. 

I myself would not even think of selling this far in the game, especially with all the new development (holder since Dec 2017) To each their own and I wish you all the best as well as everyone else! 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, CryptoBoiler said:

Possibly....who knows what the price will do. He or she may be right, cashing out at .32 is great if it drops to .22 for the next year. Then drops to pennies after. It’s a speculative market. And yours or my hopes of a price is irrelevant. Those that said you’re crazy for selling at 2.50 as the “knife was falling” we’re idiots a year and a half ago. But as time went on, who here wished they sold at 2.50? Even if it was just to hold and buyback at .28 cents (which we were just a few weeks ago)?

There is only one true predictor of xrp’s price. Not some dude with a well explained TA, or a ripple employee, or anyone on this blog. TIME is the only true predictor.....

hopefully you’re right. And if so, he or she may kick themselves for holding so long then selling. But then again, the hodlr’s might be in the exact same situation we were in just a year ago.......wishing we would have sold when we could....

Soo.... what you're saying is I should buy Time magazine??

Edited by solid102

Thank you to the OP,  I appreciate your post, it's nice to hear all peoples views on this forum. I don't know why people are giving you stick for posting a message on a message board.