8 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Judging by the number of views each thread gets, I'm willing to bet there are at least half a million people worldwide that follow this forum. Most won't be registered users, just lurkers.

The real traffic is much less than you think.

Also, they are mostly returning users, people who already know this forum.

1.png

2.png

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my 50K XRP in May 2017 at $0.322 After waiting for more than two years I sold at the same price today. This XRP is going nowhere as long as no banks are going to use it, Ripple and

Never understood the point of these threads.

Bullish 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Moonraker said:

I don't think FI's will implement a settlement infrastructure for at least a decade. That's more than enough time for another entity to come in with better tech that R3 could use instead - who knows.  

What I do know is that no major or even remotely major bank is using XRP and this after BG said there would be dozens. 

I think “at least a decade” is extremely pessimistic.  Given how agile non-Bank FIs can be in many cases, that would be very surprising.  

Xvia at least can be used with hardly any implementation work (depending on the architecture of the back end systems being up to scratch).  So I see no reason why they would take a decade.  

As for the “dozens”...   it’s still only the start of the second half of the year.  An adoption curve typically starts slow and gains velocity.  I think it’s premature to be saying that when the year hasn’t yet run it’s course.

Imagine for instance if some of the necessary precursors are running silent in the background...   regulatory clarity, enterprise custody,  risk abatement,  they all seem to be just achieved or very imminent.  What if there are dozens waiting for those collective go signals?

I’m not saying that is the case, but I am saying you appear to writing the race off as a non event before the flag has fallen.  

1 hour ago, RubMyXRPs said:

Well said, sister Gilligan!

And don’t forget to pick up your bonus paycheck for this gem post. I showed it to ripple headquarter II near earth core and they are delighted!

Haha thanks @RubMyXRPs, I will add it to the stack of previous cheques :good:  Always a pleasure to spread the XRP word :biggrin:

@Moonraker I feel you are being disrespectful when you state that anyone who has faith in the idea of XRP's price moving upward and expresses their opinion on the subject is a either a "moonboi" or a paid shill.   It is entirely possible that XRP will fail but equally and in my opinion more likely that it won't. At this moment in time, neither outcome has been assured and any and all conversations on the matter are speculation.  It seems to me that this forum is the perfect place to discuss the subject.    

At this point, with the way your posts read, the main person showing signs of being a "paid poster" with an agenda, is you.

3 hours ago, Dario_o said:

The real traffic is much less than you think.

Also, they are mostly returning users, people who already know this forum.

1.png

2.png

That’s really interesting. I wonder if there’s any Asian sites? So much going on in Asia but if they aren’t conversing in English they wouldn’t show up here. Is this line of thought accurate? Just observing the list of countries on the right of the screen shot.

11 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

The resulting sales would pale to insignificance beside institutional investments and software licensing fees.  If I was on the Ripple board I would want them to point their efforts to the more lucrative area.  

Currently there is zero, zilch, nada public record information about software licensing fees paid to Ripple. That sadly is a fact. 200 partners/clients/customers is great but it’s about time Ripple revealed how many are actually paying.

As for institutional investment, VCs and banks put $100m into Ripple the company and Ripple the company  made $1.1 Billion from selling XRP. A large portion is described as institutional sales but we have no idea who they are, what restrictions etc. Many could simply be hedge funds who buy at a discount and then sell.

So HODLers, you are the ones funding Ripple.

1 hour ago, ZzZerper said:

Currently there is zero, zilch, nada public record information about software licensing fees paid to Ripple. That sadly is a fact. 200 partners/clients/customers is great but it’s about time Ripple revealed how many are actually paying.

As for institutional investment, VCs and banks put $100m into Ripple the company and Ripple the company  made $1.1 Billion from selling XRP. A large portion is described as institutional sales but we have no idea who they are, what restrictions etc. Many could simply be hedge funds who buy at a discount and then sell.

So HODLers, you are the ones funding Ripple.

Do you hold any XRP?

2 hours ago, ZzZerper said:

Currently there is zero, zilch, nada public record information about software licensing fees paid to Ripple. That sadly is a fact.

Um,  er,   why is that a ‘sad’ fact?   They are a private company.  How much did you earn last year?

8 hours ago, Finesse said:

You think this dude really had 15k that he invested back in the day lol. 

That type with that kind of money to invest wouldn’t be like

” hmm I’m gonna sell with no profit the one digital asset actually doing something. I’m gonna trade it for slow expensive bitcoin”

lol this dude didn’t invest no 15k this whole post was probably bs.

Could be. I dont know. Many here expect their coin to make them rich to the point of no financial worry and took dellusinal actions of putting some of ther salary into it, DCAs, etc like it's some saving plan, so nothing here suprises me. 

50 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Um,  er,   why is that a ‘sad’ fact?   They are a private company.  How much did you earn last year?

I’ll tell you if you buy my tokens 🤪

but seriously I think if Ripple released more facts behind the news, it would make XRP look a far more creditable investment to the wider world, which would be good for all us XRP holders.

Don’t you?

They are a business after all. Their shareholders know after all and they invested much less that us.

6 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Their shareholders know after all and they invested much less that us.

That’s a fallacious argument because the collective amount of retail might exceed the seed investors and shareholders but the individual investments and confidence would be much higher in the case of the shareholders rather than the much smaller retail buyers.

8 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Don’t you?

No.  I don’t want them chasing retail sales,  I want them actively pursuing their vision of creating the Internet of Value.  Luckily for me that’s exactly what they are doing.

I do wonder about all you new accounts that seem to come here purely to badmouth Ripple.  There is a definite pattern.

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s a fallacious argument because the collective amount of retail might exceed the seed investors and shareholders but the individual investments and confidence would be much higher in the case of the shareholders rather than the much smaller retail buyers.

No.  I don’t want them chasing retail sales,  I want them actively pursuing their vision of creating the Internet of Value.  Luckily for me that’s exactly what they are doing.

I do wonder about all you new accounts that seem to come here purely to badmouth Ripple.  There is a definite pattern.

I have not in remotely bad mouthed Ripple.

I just find your responses completely puzzling. So you don’t want to have more transparency from Ripple and you don’t want them to think about the interests of those who have provided them with the vast bulk of their funding.

1 minute ago, ZzZerper said:

I have not in remotely bad mouthed Ripple.

I just find your responses completely puzzling. So you don’t want to have more transparency from Ripple and you don’t want them to think about the interests of those who have provided them with the vast bulk of their funding.

Ah...  like the mouse and the squid in separate fish tanks... we can see each other,  but each find the other inexplicable.  :) 

Sure I would love to know every detail of Ripples actions, plans and capacities.  I also want a pony and a private island.  But I have no rights to any of those things so I don’t moan about their lack in my life.

I have some confidence born of experience, and their track record, and simple logic, that Ripple will do everything they can to grow the Internet of Value which will inevitably cause a significantly higher price.  That’s all I can hope for, and on top of that they are extremely transparent in comparison to any other tech enterprise that I’m aware of...  even though they do not strictly speaking need to be.  They are doing it as exemplars of the ecosystem.  

So I find your disgruntled complaints of insufficient information both puzzling and hard to reconcile with a new member on a forum dedicated to discussing XRP.  

Certainly you are entitled to express any opinions and complaints you may have...  but if I felt the way you apparently do,  I don’t think I’d be here at all.  The fact that there seem to be an endless stream of new members with similar characteristics is what puzzles me most of all.

15 hours ago, Zerpaholic said:

You know, you’re right, you’re so smart...

It’s a crying shame that a company that’s developed the fastest and most versatile DA and financial transfer network in existence, has been around since Bitcoin was ******** in its diaper, with hundreds of millions in revenue, a dozen offices across the globe, partnerships with hundreds of banks and FI’s, over 400 employees comprised of some of the most brilliant minds in programming, has some of the best business leaders and respected philanthropists who rub shoulders with world leaders and central banks and are regularly invited to participate in peak industry bodies to educate senior bankers about advances in fintech, have vast amounts of experience in running tech and finance businesses, some of the most experienced attorneys with impeccable personal reputations who have held the highest positions in governments and peak regulatory bodies, it’s such a pity that they all should all complicit and responsible for this massive scam that’s so comprehensive and brilliant that it’s sucked in so many of the worlds top companies and now, now even governments are falling for it! Oh, mercy please, when will it ever end?

There is definitely a lot of evidence that Ripple the company is in a heavy growth mode and making great strides, and probably doing very well financially.  I just wish someone from Ripple like @JoelKatz would shed some light on the roadblocks remaining in the path of Ripple's partners, clients, banks, etc. to using XRP. 

I'm sympathetic to the folks that bought high and lost $, or bought XRP to try and flip it as a short term investment.  I get the pain from your point of view.  I bought XRP once, I only plan to sell once, and the price on my sell date (Jan 2029) doesn't matter, so I'm not here to spread FUD or to give out hopium.  I just hope y'all can reach a place where the conversations on Ripple and XRP remain professional, with the occasional bits of humor.  Don't allow an 'investment' in crypto be something that makes or breaks your life.  That's too much stress to bear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.