19 minutes ago, Finesse said:

I've also been buying more at .28/.30 because its a much better price point than my original. If you were doing that you would bring down your overall dollar cost average but you're not a sophisticated retail investor. 

People have been saying to bring your dollar cost average down for the best part of 2 years now. They said this when the price came down to a dollar (you've heard the phrase before - anything under a dollar is an absolute steal). That's exactly what I did, I kept buying more and more. And all the time the price kept coming down and down and down. There's only so much I can justify putting into this considering the circumstances.

But now I refuse to buy more for 2 reasons:

1 - I don't trust the price won't go down further

2 - I've been buying the **** out of this for the past 2 years and am yet to see any progress having spent huge sums of money already. I can't justify taking any more risks with this now.

Thanks for the tip regarding the Nano - I've already got one.

Edited by Moonraker
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought my 50K XRP in May 2017 at $0.322 After waiting for more than two years I sold at the same price today. This XRP is going nowhere as long as no banks are going to use it, Ripple and

Never understood the point of these threads.

Bullish 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

People have been saying to bring your dollar cost average down for the best part of 2 years now. They said this when the price came down to a dollar (you've heard the phrase before - anything under a dollar is an absolute steal). That's exactly what I did, I kept buying more and more. And all the time the price kept coming down and down and down. There's only so much I can justify putting into this considering the circumstances.

2 - I've been buying the **** out of this for the past 2 years and am yet to see any progress having spent huge sums of money already. I can't justify taking any more risks with this now.

You forgot the other piece of advice the most important one at that.

YOU need to walk away for a few years, you're not cut out for this type of stress. Its not for everybody. You're the type of person i would suggest to just invest in index funds for the rest of your life and not worry about investing too much or risk.

We are early adopters, xrapid went live in 2018. You knew this before you invested, that xrapid wasn't even live yet. 

You knew ripple was selling millions to institutions 

you knew this would take years to get going and change a 50 year old system.

And if you didn't, yet again more proof this isnt' for you (investing). Because you didn't do your research.

Edited by Finesse
9 minutes ago, Gilligan said:

Nah.  The weekend is when we all hang out in the Zerpening and formulate new tactics to reel in the next round of suckers with factual, level headed and highly informative crap posts.....

Seriously though, why are you here?  

Lots of people here are of the opionion Ripple and XRP is in the process of becoming what we all want it to be and  have placed our bets.  I for one understand it is a case of wait and see if it works out long term, but also wish it would hurry the f**k up. 

Just cause you don’t like how long it’s taking you feel it’s your right to “educate” other members in your arrogant, disrespectful manner?

I certainly don't consider myself as being arrogant or disrespectful.

Disrespectful is when others don't respect the decisions made when someone decides to sell their stack and ridicule them instead for their decision. This thread being a prime example.

Edited by Moonraker
5 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

You probably don't have the concept of the market cycle of a highly manipulated market, my friend.

You'll probably see some results by EOY. Yes I am saying so, like a lot of people said for 1.5 years.

EOY.

33 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Realistically speaking, how long do you think it will take to update the global payment/settlements infrastructure?

Your emotional responses to your own fomo decision has zero correlation with the actual work going on in the background. You've had over 1.5 years to become educated about the massive, massive undertaking and vast number of players involved. But you've chosen to sit on a forum and complain unproductively because "muh bags, sir".

This is one of dozens and dozens of reasons that my confidence in XRP remains rock solid and why I feel no panic or outrage about ****coins mooning while the rails are laid for the one that matters most - https://info.r3.com/corda-settler

I don't think FI's will implement a settlement infrastructure for at least a decade. That's more than enough time for another entity to come in with better tech that R3 could use instead - who knows.  

What I do know is that no major or even remotely major bank is using XRP and this after BG said there would be dozens. 

There has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment which doesn't give much confidence in terms of XRP being used by R3. It just feels like another event in the pipeline like so many others in the past which have all led to disappointment.

But as usual and for the God knows how many times, I'm hopium-ing for the best

Edited by Moonraker

I would like to have a go at complaining about my side of the fence...

For those of us who believe this is a ‘dent in the universe’ type of thing,  for those of us who believe that although it’s risky, their is a fair chance of XRP becoming the standard,  we have to watch as everyone with an axe to grind gets endless opportunities to sink the boot into us for being “bagholders”.

We can point to tremendous growth over the long haul, but in the short and medium term we have no significant gains to point to.  

It leaves us having to stand there with arms at sides while the gleeful detractors sucker punch us repeatedly in the gut.  

We don’t really mind because we have some confidence that our day will come...  but in the meanwhile, as Ripple and others work on the Internet of Value quietly behind closed doors...   well,  we look kinda dumb to those who feel Ripple are conning us.

But without trying to offend anyone...   I’m pretty sure who the dummies are...   :) 

I’d like to add my standard Formula One race track analogy...   someone early morning of race day can parade around on the middle of the track and say there’s no traffic....

1 hour ago, Finesse said:

You forgot the other piece of advice the most important one at that.

YOU need to walk away for a few years, you're not cut out for this type of stress. Its not for everybody. You're the type of person i would suggest to just invest in index funds for the rest of your life and not worry about investing too much or risk.

We are early adopters, xrapid went live in 2018. You knew this before you invested, that xrapid wasn't even live yet. 

You knew ripple was selling millions to institutions 

you knew this would take years to get going and change a 50 year old system.

And if you didn't, yet again more proof this isnt' for you (investing). Because you didn't do your research.

slow-nod-gif.gif

On 7/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, BeSeriousXRP said:

I bought my 50K XRP in May 2017 at $0.322

After waiting for more than two years I sold at the same price today.

This XRP is going nowhere as long as no banks are going to use it, Ripple and Jed keep dumping and no other real usecases exists.

Traded for BTC today.

The new "ICOS" Now are Security Token, and they want BTC and ETH in return for their token and that could give it a push. Keep BTC for two years as well, and you may see highs that we have not seen yet. Good Luck! You did something most cant which is "Move the F on"! 

1 hour ago, Spekul8 said:

The new "ICOS" Now are Security Token, and they want BTC and ETH in return for their token and that could give it a push. Keep BTC for two years as well, and you may see highs that we have not seen yet. Good Luck! You did something most cant which is "Move the F on"! 

You think this dude really had 15k that he invested back in the day lol. 

That type with that kind of money to invest wouldn’t be like

” hmm I’m gonna sell with no profit the one digital asset actually doing something. I’m gonna trade it for slow expensive bitcoin”

lol this dude didn’t invest no 15k this whole post was probably bs.

5 hours ago, Gilligan said:

Nah.  The weekend is when we all hang out in the Zerpening and formulate new tactics to reel in the next round of suckers with factual, level headed and highly informative crap posts.....

Seriously though, why are you here?  

Lots of people here are of the opionion Ripple and XRP is in the process of becoming what we all want it to be and  have placed our bets.  I for one understand it is a case of wait and see if it works out long term, but also wish it would hurry the f**k up. 

Just cause you don’t like how long it’s taking you feel it’s your right to “educate” other members in your arrogant, disrespectful manner?

Well said, sister Gilligan!

And don’t forget to pick up your bonus paycheck for this gem post. I showed it to ripple headquarter II near earth core and they are delighted!

haha.gif.b888bf9019578251a09f55aa4201017d.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.