zerocool

Bank of America's new patent

54 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

So do I, but given the US administration's lack of support for cryptos in general, including XRP, they might curtail its use by FIs both domestically and abroad, or at least discourage its use given the facts that US wants to maintain the dollar as a global reserve currency, our country has tons of debt, a number of politicians in our country see BTC as a potential threat and by extension other cryptos as well, including XRP, and the US's lack of control over cryptos' rising popularity, adoption might lead to diminishment of US policy influence both domestically and abroad. 

I agree, but given Mnuchin’s insistence that they want to create a level playing field and not hold back technology,  I think things are looking positive for XRP specifically. The US will be one of the last to regulate for sure, but it’ll happen.

27 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

I agree, but given Mnuchin’s insistence that they want to create a level playing field and not hold back technology,  I think things are looking positive for XRP specifically. The US will be one of the last to regulate for sure, but it’ll happen.

We still don't know what he meant by level playing field. Out of all the possibilities, XRP is down the list. I would guess he was talking about 'inflated' price metrics, which we know XRP doesn't have.

I think also, that in the US’s case, politicians are first afraid of the unknown in general even when it has nothing at all to do with the dollar and second, now that some are starting to understand it they’re simply looking for a way to profit from crypto in general and Ripple and XRP specifically.

The fact that Ripple has been working the communication aspect in DC for some time now, US leadership is in spots making favorable progress. Slow painful progress.

56 minutes ago, SevenBees said:

We still don't know what he meant by level playing field. Out of all the possibilities, XRP is down the list.

He was talking about leveling the playing field between remittance providers like Moneygram (specifically mentioned) and banks, since banks are currently the only ones with access to the Fed.

Posted (edited)

At 2:05 he used 'level playing field' during a 2017 interview talking about balanced trade deals. There's something bigger being insinuated. Which is probably why the MGI Chinese company purchase was rejected last year. My point is the level playing field - seems to me - to signify the intention of cleaning up the digital asset space first before banks and MSBs are operating on the same clean football field. To me less about business model competition, and more about international competition and the price metrics so far in different assets that has caused such a difficult navigation.

Edited by Guest

On 7/21/2019 at 9:42 AM, youngdude said:

Why are people not more excited about this?

This is great news . But after a long bear market some are numb and hardened,  so its going to take a lot to impress. I certainly won't flinch for this. 

prepare season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones: #PrepareForWinter

Disclaimer: to experience numb and hardened lie on your arm 

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

This is great news . But after a long bear market some are numb and hardened,  so its going to take a lot to impress. I certainly won't flinch for this. 

prepare season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones: #PrepareForWinter

Disclaimer: to experience numb and hardened lie on your arm 

To be honest and fair - if I have the opportunity to meet a most of my long-term goals by cashing out a majority my position(s) in crypto during the next run, there is a strong chance that I will absolutely take it. 

I would love to avoid being greedy and never have to think about the crypto market again.