wrongbenson

Ripple CEO on Libra (video interview) [CNBC] 07/18/19

Posted (edited)

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/07/18/ripple-ceo-on-libra-perhaps-some-silicon-valley-arrogance-with-cryptocurrency-rollout.html

BG:

"I agree with Secretary Mnuchin: In order for these technologies to be used well and be taken advantage of, it has to be done in a regulatory compliant way ;
We can't expose more risk and, whether it's terrorism financing, whether it's money laundering - these are things that, from its core, Ripple really has been focused on making sure we're partnering with the existing system."

"A surprise to me, for example, in the 28 groups that are signed on to the Libra whitepaper, you have zero banks. I think that's just a stark contrast to where we think this world should come from. There is a huge opportunity to change the way this world's financial systems work, that is very beneficial to consumers, businesses, etc. - but again it's not competing with the banks... you know, David Marcus came out when he announced Libra and said 'this spells the end of Western Union' - that was a huge call to action against banks around the world that had been watching big tech players that they're fearful are going to come into this space."

He also goes on to compare Bitcoin, Ether and their control by Chinese miners vs. decentralized, open XRP ledger, and also how the US needs regulatory clarity in order to not get left behind by China and other countries.

Edited by wrongbenson

31 minutes ago, Spekul8 said:

Just added more to my FB position.  They can't fight corp. Libra will happen. 

i wouldnt be rushing into that, Libra may succeed but even the most ardent fb users are sick of the privacy and trust issues fb represents.

35 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

i wouldnt be rushing into that, Libra may succeed but even the most ardent fb users are sick of the privacy and trust issues fb represents.

I honestly don't really care. I really don't have anything to hide. Won't be using Libra because I've got no reason to use it.

13 minutes ago, Archbob said:

I honestly don't really care. I really don't have anything to hide. Won't be using Libra because I've got no reason to use it.

so you must think the critcal mass of affluent societies needed to drive your profits are willingly going to hand over thier banking details to fb, good luck with that one.

I see Libra just as a desperate attempt from Facebook to regain some popularity for a higher stock price.
It will never see light of day.

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 1:23 AM, AlvaroXRP said:

FB is at all time high while XRP is 90% down. Not sure who is being arrogant here but FB can. 

If you think logically about what you say, you will realize that at every point in time in the past FB was at an all time high.  I have added as it was climbing. It is equally hard guess top and bottoms, and while our DNA indivually makes us think that we are getting a bargain at low prices compared to previous prices, what I find that bottom picking and DCA alike are a form of gambling.  

You need to do the thing that feels most uncomfrtable, not one that makes you feel good. The price should be your king, not opinion, blogs, "experts", etc.   Just price. 

The fact that XRP is 90% down is scary, not an opporunity in my opinion. If we break the $1 again,then you should consider adding, not while it is dropping. The Collective market tells you everything. 

As for Libra: I have no clue. I mean ZERO clue whether it will work or not. But, the market likes it, not killing the stock. And, when the senate in the USA is united in an opinion, it means that FB has something that scares them.   Velcoity of price also matters, if it is a slow climb as oppose to parabolic, this means that instututions are getting it, if it was parabolic for example, I would not acquire it. Parablic price moves provide an oportunity to exit, not enter which most do. 

Edited by Spekul8