xrp-protocol

“SWIFT network” for cryptocurrency transactions

4 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

True XRP Community knows what this really means. 

Published by a reputable news outlet, not some **** nonsense. Enough said. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/japan-cryptocurrency-idUSL4N24I1CU

I read in another article that SBI is involved with rolling out the network for Japan... Can't find the article, and don't know if that's true or hyped. But it does sound like the slides from SBI earlier 2018.

5 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

True XRP Community knows what this really means. 

Published by a reputable news outlet, not some **** nonsense. Enough said. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/japan-cryptocurrency-idUSL4N24I1CU

Sounds promising ....... we might actually break .50 cents if this turns out to be what I think it is. 

58 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I read in another article that SBI is involved with rolling out the network for Japan... Can't find the article, and don't know if that's true or hyped. But it does sound like the slides from SBI earlier 2018.

yeah and this sounds a lot like kitao's statements on the shareholder meetings about plans for pushing xrp to be widely used - first japan, then asia and globally

Posted (edited)

"Tokyo aims to have the network in place in the next few years, the person said, declining to be identified because the information has not been made public." .....? Huhh... The Ripple DLT network is already alive and kicking.... why the wait...

Now we know why the Japanese government has been buying up all that useless USA debt paper (whilst China & Russia have been selling it)..... Any bright takers? Because they have been given 'the lead to globalise the Ripple DLT network (with XRP)'. And with XRP gaining traction and value it's pay-back time for them.  :biggrin:

Edited by cryptoxrp

6 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

"Tokyo aims to have the network in place in the next few years, the person said, declining to be identified because the information has not been made public." .....? Huhh... The Ripple DLT network is already alive and kicking.... why the wait...

because implementation on that scale takes time (with or without ripple/XRP)

but also this timeframe fits into kitao's statements (money tap/XRP/R3/ripplenet)

anyway - speculation

2 hours ago, VanHasen said:

because implementation on that scale takes time (with or without ripple/XRP)

but also this timeframe fits into kitao's statements (money tap/XRP/R3/ripplenet)

anyway - speculation

Plus it fits perfectly with China's Belt and road, notable Central bank RTGS systems revamp like the UK for example. Just too many things and its all speculation as you say

4 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Does not mention SBI specifically

https://www.coindesk.com/japan-has-fatf-green-light-to-create-swift-network-for-crypto-report

Interesting article @xrp-protocol It mentions the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), which approved the plan for establishing the new network Japan wants to build. That reminded me of another article on Forbes that spoke about a deal that could make XRP compliant with FATF rules:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeldelcastillo/2019/06/26/ripple-deal-could-make-xrp-cryptocurrency-compliant-with-fatf-anti-money-laundering-regulations/#3f6e84f23aab

I've been buzzing all day after reading this news. I'm no moonboi but I think we'll look back on this in years to come as a defining moment in the evolution of digital assets and global finance.

Given the partnerships and progress that is already public knowledge, and the network effect that has been building this past year, this news of Japan being anointed to lead the way puts SBI, R3 and XRP at the centre of the emerging digital global financial system. Game on swift!

#xrpthebridge

11 hours ago, xrp-protocol said:

This is getting pretty serious...

(the following statement is to be read with sarcasm...for those who may be sarcastically challenged)

I wonder who the Japanese have been working with for this Japanese cryptocurrency based SWIFT alternative? Who’s got the stones to try and replace SWIFT? 🤔

Seriously now...nice to see so much emphasis on regulatory guidance coming out recently. About friggen time.

46 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

(the following statement is to be read with sarcasm...for those who may be sarcastically challenged)

I wonder who the Japanese have been working with for this Japanese cryptocurrency based SWIFT alternative? Who’s got the stones to try and replace SWIFT? 🤔

Russia and China but mainly Russia since they got hit hard with SWIFT sanctions during that Ukraine debacle. Ever since then they have worked twice as hard on a replacement.

1 minute ago, GrayFox said:

Russia and China but mainly Russia since they got hit hard with SWIFT sanctions during that Ukraine debacle. Ever since then they have worked twice as hard on a replacement.

Hmmm...could be the Russians.  I guess we'll see in the possibly not-to-far future!