richxrp

270 million more XRP circulating supply today than yesterday

41 minutes ago, toobhunter said:

When does it make sense for Ripple to just burn a portion of their XRP?  On the one hand, they lose that amount of XRP...on the other hand the supply goes down and price goes up.  Seems like 100B is too much supply anyway.

hmm, lets see, xborder remittances alone, 177trillion divided by 100billion, or was it 127trillion...i need help on this 8)

Edited by robertbruce

6 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

hmm, lets see, xborder remittances alone, 177trillion divided by 100billion, or was it 127trillion...i need help on this 8)

If you like absinthe you'll like these numbers too:

5 hours ago, toobhunter said:

When does it make sense for Ripple to just burn a portion of their XRP?  On the one hand, they lose that amount of XRP...on the other hand the supply goes down and price goes up.  Seems like 100B is too much supply anyway.

Evan Schwartz - Interledger Protocol:" It is about ALL THE MONEY"!

100B is never enough....

And no, they cannot just burn them...

10aCvxXbhM6WFW.gif.4b558295385862c4925ec215ced1a954.gif

29 minutes ago, DreXRP said:

And no, they cannot just burn them...

10aCvxXbhM6WFW.gif.4b558295385862c4925ec215ced1a954.gif

Yes they can. Jkatz said it was possible in case XRP was labelled as security.

29 minutes ago, VoteForTomorrow said:

Yes they can. Jkatz said it was possible in case XRP was labelled as security.

Maybe they could just send 0.001 xrp's to someone and have the min cost of transfer to be 10billion and the max cost of transfer to be 10.1billion. That burn would certainly make the nightly news!!

33 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Burning XRP to make the price go up sounds like an idea from an investor in XRP. Ripple is not aiming to just get the price up, but grow total liquidity. If all succeeds they may need the 100bln XRP.

I agree. It seems huge now but if there is mass adoption it won't be. Anyway drops are the real count for me.

Edited by Panopticon

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Burning XRP to make the price go up sounds like an idea from an investor in XRP. Ripple is not aiming to just get the price up, but grow total liquidity. If all succeeds they may need the 100bln XRP.

What I do see happening is that eventually Ripple could release custody of the escrow to a sort of Central Bank type or other IMF like institute so they can control the release in the future on a macro economic scale. It might even be a complete new type of institute responsible for doing that as long as it's not Ripple anymore to avoid a conflict of interest.

Fully agree with you. Please read my theory on what might be the Ripple - SEC - Central Bank (& others) - XRP (Escrow) deal.

Edited by cryptoxrp

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

What I do see happening is that eventually Ripple could release custody of the escrow to a sort of Central Bank type or other IMF like institute so they can control the release in the future on a macro economic scale. It might even be a complete new type of institute responsible for doing that as long as it's not Ripple anymore to avoid a conflict of interest.

I have thought this way too.  The conflict of interest has to be eliminated.  Of course just now Ripple rely on XRP for income, but they could have an arrangement that  the central bank gives them .5 dollars per XRP as they are sold onto the market.  That way Ripple pass over control but retain some income.

Hold up guys think about it for a second why would they need to burn them?

So say they need a certain value of XRP to be used for a cross border payment.... lets say a £5Million payment. What difference to Ripple does it make if thats made up out of sending 1 million xrp worth £5 each, or 5 million xrp worth £1 each?

5 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Hold up guys think about it for a second why would they need to burn them?

So say they need a certain value of XRP to be used for a cross border payment.... lets say a £5Million payment. What difference to Ripple does it make if thats made up out of sending 1 million xrp worth £5 each, or 5 million xrp worth £1 each?

It doesn't matter. All that it could matter is that some people are threatened by the immense supply of XRP that Ripple has... And if they were to burn it, it would be only because they believe it is better for the ecosystem, trust etc... 

it all really depends on how Ripple uses their funds. IMO, if Ripple use the funds properly, I wouldn't mind them holding a nice bunch. Charity and XRPledger

10 hours ago, richxrp said:

image.thumb.png.cff33a36dd64e161c01bf5adf0a0471d.png

The total amount hasnt increased in one day. The 270 million increase was over the past month, most, about 180 million in the last week of June. The API is lagging.