Great blog as always @Hodor - I enjoyed reading your responses to CryptoEri's questions, the in-depth and detailed responses you gave are what we need more of in this space.

PS - I swap between a few different browsers throughout the day and when I see you post something new I try and switch over to my coil enabled one to send ya a few drops - looking forward to the day when the Coil plugin is available on all browsers.

1 minute ago, DeathBox said:

looking forward to the day when the Coil plugin is available on all browsers

I honestly thought they'd published plugins for all the major browsers; maybe you can send @justmoon (or Coil) a message with your info: info@coil.com 

Thank you for supporting my Coil blog! :victory:

11 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I honestly thought they'd published plugins for all the major browsers; maybe you can send @justmoon (or Coil) a message with your info: info@coil.com 

Thank you for supporting my Coil blog! :victory:

I reached out to the team at Coil - I'll let you know what they say :D 

2 hours ago, DeathBox said:

Great blog as always @Hodor 

I try and switch over to my coil-enabled browser to send ya a few drops

Shhhh. You need to be more discreet. The forum Marxists don't like the idea of Hodor being compensated in any way for his hard work, unless he is willing to share it with them for doing nothing but complaining.

𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦; 𝘪𝘧 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘟𝘙𝘗 𝘓𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘳 - 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘙𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦'𝘴 '𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥' 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 - 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘦𝘯, 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘟𝘙𝘗 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

Yeah, but "enough" also means that at least part of Ripple's validators will have to vote for lower fees, since the magic threshold for being able to veto things on XRPL is not 50%, it is 20%.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sukrim said:

Yeah, but "enough" also means that at least part of Ripple's validators will have to vote for lower fees, since the magic threshold for being able to veto things on XRPL is not 50%, it is 20%.

They currently stand at 23% of the 'recommended validators,' so they could, as you say, obstruct ('veto') in an extreme case. 

I've updated the blog to remove this:

- 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘙𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦'𝘴 '𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥' 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 -

Thanks for the correction @Sukrim

Sources:

https://xrpl.org/amendments.html

https://minivalist.cinn.app/

Edited by Hodor

Question Four (CryptoEri): "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘟𝘙𝘗 𝘦𝘤𝘰-𝘴𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮 3 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵?"

Answer (Hodor): "𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨-𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮 𝘥𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴.

My favorite and I agree Hodor...I mean, Dad.

But I think the “term” is an important aspect for anyone putting money into XRP. It may still be a while yet before we’re in a position for great returns. 

I think many here were convinced crypto was a get rich quick scheme and that’s why they bought. And depending on what and when you bought and sold that could be true. Yet I think this still has the potential to create generational wealth but that’s likely possible only for long-term digital asset investors.

Three years from now things will be much clearer but three years in crypto is like 30 years for many. Seems odd to think that three years is in the ballpark for long-term consideration. Always a pleasure @Hodor. Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

has the potential to create generational wealth

This is an interesting concept, and the thought I had was 'one person handing off the actual crypto to the next generation.' 

Fascinating to think of a younger generation being asked 'how did your grandfather make his money?' and the answer being 'he bought cryptocurrency when it was undervalued.'  

Not sure why but on my mobile device (android phone) the font in use is not loading. I can't read any text both on Chrome nor Samsung browsers.  Just seeing images and thousands of empty little boxes.