Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

SBI VC maintenance...

Recommended Posts

Guest
12 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Kitao once said they would go without the US.

I'll believe it when I see it. Pretty hard to have the other half on the sidelines (and the bigger half.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

just like when ripple partners went down and everyone lost their sh*t and it turned out to be absolutely nothing 

except for another speculative alex cobb video about bla bla something big brewing bla bla etc etc x-rapid going live something something xrp something 

Edited by zerpdigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

How exactly is this related, haha

I.e what does sbi owe to him/us. People are complaining about sbi regarding their progress but are to inept to realise timeframes are subject to change, it's uncharted territory after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

I.e what does sbi owe to him/us. People are complaining about sbi regarding their progress but are to inept to realise timeframes are subject to change, it's uncharted territory after all.

So if we don't pay someone or some entity we don't have the right to criticize their work, some logic this.. :D What are we suppose to discuss on a forum then - just be some blind cheerleaders? :)

If I'm a lead of a feature/release and my release gets delayed by 2+ years I'd be fired after 1 year max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

So if we don't pay someone or some entity we don't have the right to criticize their work, some logic this.. :D What are we suppose to discuss on a forum then - just be some blind cheerleaders? :)

If I'm a lead of a feature/release and my release gets delayed by 2+ years I'd be fired after 1 year max. 

If you and only you are to blame, then you'd bet I'd fire you too. My point is that the scale of SBI is absolutely enormous and judging it it solely by our expectations and reference material would be ignorant to say the least, considering we know absolutely nothing about what goes down behind closed doors and what their reasonings are (there are absolutely zero examples of standards to which we can hold SBI to). Point in case being that only after sbi being delayed, xrp and other assets have been recognized as currencies in Japan and only recently, FATF guidelines have been established. Could you imagine SBI VC and the entire conglomerate moving forward and being told after launching that their entire operation is void of regulatory clearance? I know I couldn't. How do you criticize if you don't know the boundaries in which to criticize? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dutchpinoy said:

(there are absolutely zero examples of standards to which we can hold SBI to). 

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't they trying to just open up a digital assets exchange (VC = virtual currencies) - how is that revolutionary? Even if it's xRapid enabled this would mean they have some APIs that you can hook up to, I doubt they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutchpinoy said:

My point is that the scale of SBI is absolutely enormous and judging it it solely by our expectations and reference material would be ignorant to say the least, considering we know absolutely nothing about what goes down behind closed doors and what their reasonings are (there are absolutely zero examples of standards to which we can hold SBI to). Point in case being that only after sbi being delayed, xrp and other assets have been recognized as currencies in Japan and only recently, FATF guidelines have been established. Could you imagine SBI VC and the entire conglomerate moving forward and being told after launching that their entire operation is void of regulatory clearance? I know I couldn't

This, if you think about it, the fact that Grayscale has a regulated institutional offering of Bitcoin allows me to hold it in my Roth IRA, which means I am not taxed on the gains. It sells at a huge premium to BTC for this reason, and the secure custody.

I have no doubt that if GBTC gets hacked that my IRA will not be affected - this is the difference that regulation and a true institutional offering makes. IMO what SBI is creating is going to have a net positive impact on the market, as confidence in institutional custody becomes a reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't they trying to just open up a digital assets exchange (VC = virtual currencies) - how is that revolutionary? Even if it's xRapid enabled this would mean they have some APIs that you can hook up to, I doubt they are trying to reinvent the wheel.

As detailed in https://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/190603presentations.pdf (thx @GiddyUp) from what I can conclude, sbi vc is being designed to be part of an entire ecosystem surrounding digital assets within the sbi group. If it does turn out be an xrapid partner, and I'm liking the odds it will be, I can only imagine the importance of it being a regulatory and technical fort knox.

31 minutes ago, princesultan said:

Fact is, SBI has done nothing but talk for years now. People think they'll make a difference. They won't.

Fact is, you don't know what a fact is. They've been busy.

Screenshot_20190716-205544.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EcneitapLatnem said:

Also, believe it or not... there is an easy way to tell when what you just posted is considered  trolling......

 'Any time you have a "like" by Moonraker,  you might have just trolled.....'

 

jeff foxworthy applause GIF by NBC

 

What are you the Bollywood version of Batman of xrp city ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...