Jump to content

Finding hope in dark times


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we were to break through current bear market lows (.24xx back in late summer 2018), and plumb new depths, I think Ripple will continue to plot forward toward the execution of their business plan ju

Sell, trade, or wait. All of those options might make you rich or insolvent. I recommend fine whisky.

I can only say patience, I don't want to be put away like a bearableguy123. I know from a reliable source that a number of European banks are seriously sitting around the table for using xrp. and beli

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Doubletap said:

Wrong  

We send money O/S regularly and it's fast now versus the three days it used to take now a couple of hours !

xrp nor xcurrant used either 

Ripple and XRP’s competitive advantage seems to be shrinking daily. If they don’t get rolling soon, regulations or not, they may lose it entirely. 

Edited by ringer2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ringer2 said:

Ripple and XRP’s competitive advantage seems to be shrinking daily. If they don’t get rolling soon, regulations or not, they may lose it entirely. 

 

1 hour ago, Doubletap said:

Wrong  

We send money O/S regularly and it's fast now versus the three days it used to take now a couple of hours !

xrp nor xcurrant used either 

your both not right! Bankers have only conceded to faster remittances thinking "untill this crypto thing blows over" then they will be back to eat your lunch and its not ripple losing it, its us!, its our responsibilty to make it happen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robertbruce said:

 

your both not right! Bankers have only conceded to faster remittances thinking "untill this crypto thing blows over" then they will be back to eat your lunch and its not ripple losing it, its us!, its our responsibilty to make it happen!

Source on your conspiracy theory?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Source on your conspiracy theory?

source is from the greediness of human nature, ie what would you do if you whete a banker and the "our responsibility" part source is the common mans revoultion of which there are many examples..

fudders and doomers cant see the gift in programatic sales because they cant think beyond the former in the above paragraph

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XRP-JAG said:

I remember these kind of posts around second week of Jan 2018 right through to now.

Those who sold then (against the fury of many) were ultimately proven right.

Maybe it will go up from now, maybe it won't... those righteously ranting may equally be proven wrong.

There is no "deserving" or not. And those who DCA in today at 90% less than some of us paid in Jan 2018... well lucky them.

I nearly joined this forum in January 2018 with a post entitled "I sold my stack at the bottom - AMA" (sold most of my stack at around $1.05, average sell price of $1.10).  In the end, I couldn't even stomach writing such a thing...although I sold in panic, I was determined to profit from the bull run no matter what...and there were decent profits ALL of us who participated could have taken / did take.   The last 18 months have been pretty brutal, but if anyone has learnt anything it's to profit take because this is one incredibly manipulated market and you never know how long you will have to wait for the next opportunity.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

"I sold my stack at the bottom - AMA" (sold most of my stack at around $1.05, average sell price of $1.10). 

Good on ya. You played it well in a speculative time. Now that we’re around .31 any desire to get back in (perhaps you already are) or are you sitting it out?

I didn’t see it for what it was back then. If I had I would have done the same as you. I thought we were on our way up. It took me months to get a bigger picture of what I think might happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ringer2 said:

Ripple and XRP’s competitive advantage seems to be shrinking daily. If they don’t get rolling soon, regulations or not, they may lose it entirely. 

This couldn't be less true. Is this based on anything? I don't see anything other than Ripple and XRP gaining ground slowly but surely every single day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, StopMakingSense said:

This couldn't be less true. Is this based on anything? I don't see anything other than Ripple and XRP gaining ground slowly but surely every single day. 

Did you read the post I was responding to?

And this: https://www.swift.com/news-events/news/swift-sees-success-with-instant-cross-border-payments-through-singapore_s-fast

Edited by ringer2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Good on ya. You played it well in a speculative time. Now that we’re around .31 any desire to get back in (perhaps you already are) or are you sitting it out?

I didn’t see it for what it was back then. If I had I would have done the same as you. I thought we were on our way up. It took me months to get a bigger picture of what I think might happen. 

I have bought back in since March 2018 so under water in this second investment, but way up overall.

To state something obvious, but so all-encompassing: at any given moment in time, we simply cannot know the future (ahead of that moment).  I regretted selling my zerps for three or four weeks...I was really kicking myself for buckling under pressure.  Of course, now we have a different perspective, but hindsight is easy.  It could be the case that XRP could collapse to 1 cent and we would wonder why we just sat on our behinds doing nothing while it was stuck at 30 cents for months, with an easy opportunity to escape the nightmare collapse and buy our zerps back at a fraction of the cost.  We'd question our lack of action in not getting out sooner.  That COULD happen (I doubt it will, but it's to illustrate the point).  OR, XRP could shoot to $5 in a few weeks and many will wonder why they didn't buy XRP at 30 cents when it was stuck there for months and they had ample opportunity to buy. 

Investing is messy - but I still remember being relieved in locking in a profit no matter what.  Even the guys who bought Bitcoin at $10 and sold at $50 did a good job - they made a decent profit and decided that was a good time to sell, and they were RIGHT - they made a very good profit.  Hindsight scolds us as if to say "why didn't you know the future?"  - because we can't.  All we can do is work with possibilities and be prepared to "messily" take profits KNOWING we might regret taking those profits, but nevertheless, we achieved a certain profit along the way.  We can have extra strategies too - sell, accumulate at dips, keep a percentage of our stack as "forever HODL" so we can achieve those amazing highs years down the line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.